What is the best online program to take summer school at?

2,579 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 1939
eajordana
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm looking to take MATH 141&142 or SPAN 101&102 this summer online.

What is the best (easiest and transferrable hours) place to take these courses online? The community college near me only offers them in person, and I have practice during those times. I want to actually learn from these courses, but I don't want to spend every waking moment studying just so I can pass the class...
UndergroundAg
WTC if they still offer them. Did it online and it worked out great! This was about 10yrs ago btw.
UndergroundAg
Seven said:

Quote:

Western Texas College

My wife took 141 through WTC and it was an absolute joke. She and I both took 142 through them because we had heard the same thing and it turned out to be a nightmare.

Apparently right after my wife finished her course TAMU laid the hammer down on WTC because their curriculum was way too easy and TAMU threatened to stop accepting credits. WTC did a complete 180 and made the course completely insane.

I consider myself to be extremely strong in math and calculus and I barely got D.

This was winter break January 09. They may have slacked off since then and part of it may have been due to the fact that it was a 2 week course, but I had to enlist the help of several bright engineering buddies to help me and I still barely passed.

Good luck.

Whoops! From someone else's post.
Olsen
AG
I took Math 141 online at Blinn this past Spring semester and made a final letter grade of a B. It was pretty straightforward and easy. I am planning to take Math 142 online at Blinn this upcoming Fall semester and I'm not a Math major at all.
AG
UndergroundAg said:

Seven said:

Quote:

Western Texas College

My wife took 141 through WTC and it was an absolute joke. She and I both took 142 through them because we had heard the same thing and it turned out to be a nightmare.

Apparently right after my wife finished her course TAMU laid the hammer down on WTC because their curriculum was way too easy and TAMU threatened to stop accepting credits. WTC did a complete 180 and made the course completely insane.

I consider myself to be extremely strong in math and calculus and I barely got D.

This was winter break January 09. They may have slacked off since then and part of it may have been due to the fact that it was a 2 week course, but I had to enlist the help of several bright engineering buddies to help me and I still barely passed.

Good luck.

Whoops! From someone else's post.
This is true, I did the class through WTC I believe in the summer of 2008 or 2009 and basically had to have my HS calculus teacher do it for me. She is a very smart lady who knows her stuff and couldn't believe how hard it was.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.