Admission PSA vs the PTA program

5,536 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Andreah Rodriguez
AGHouston11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My son was offered admission in Galveston via the Gateway program and also A&M via the PSA program.

He would go to Galveston but he is in the Army National Guard. (Signed up early Junior year) He has to return to Fort Benning for the last part of his Infantry training. Because of that he would miss the first part of the summer program.

He sent several emails asking about any options he might have since he'd be gone but never got an a reply back unfortunately.

Is there really any advantage of the PSA program vs the PST program? One is 24 hours vs 30 hours. One is a 3.0 vs 3.2 GPA. One you have to attend one of 6 schools and the other is any junior college.

His major is available for both.

Is it better to say you went the PSA route for higher education later?

I'm just wondering is it worth moving to go to school somewhere for a year vs going to junior college then transferring?

Things definitely are more complicated than they used to be!!
TAMUAdmissions
AG
He definitely should call 979-458-0950 and speak to an Admissions Counselor directly. There are many details for both PSA and PTA and he needs to discuss those details before he makes a decision.
Andreah Rodriguez
I did the PSA program and would not recommend it. Your student can take the required courses at a community college for a cheaper price and then apply as a regular transfer student. As long as they're GPA is good they should be fine. If you're concerned they won't get in as a regular transfer then do one of the programs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.