Do I have to reapply to A&M if I only took a semester off to work?

8,425 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TAMUAdmissions
coolagg18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy Ags,

I'm currently a TAMU senior and was last enrolled last semester (Fall 2017) but I'm currently not enrolled this semester (Spring 2018) as I took up an internship to get work experience and save up a little but I will be returning starting Summer 2018. Do I have to reapply again or just register for classes as usual? My Howdy Portal looks different than usual as I see a "Former Student" tab and other basic options but no "My Records" where I can search and register for classes This is the first time I'm taking a break from school so I don't really know how it works.

Thanks,
histag10
AG
You have likely been moved to an inactive status. I would suggest reaching out to your advisor and the office of admissions.
coolagg18
Oh ok. What does Inactive Status mean? And I'll definitely reach out to admissions. Thanks.
TAMUAdmissions
AG
Note the definition at the top of the link: http://admissions.tamu.edu/other/readmit

coolagg18
Ok. Do you know how long it usually takes to get a reply after re-applying because I'm trying to register on time for Summer 2018
TAMUAdmissions
AG
The academic department makes the decision on readmits so it is hard to say when they will decide on a particular application. When they notify Admissions of their decision, your AIS page will be updated.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.