Accepted Blinn Team, Now What?

4,462 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by NC Ag
NC Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My son was not notified by TAMU that he has been accepted in the Engineering Academy @ Blinn - Bryan. He heard from friends at school last week to check your AIS, A&M had updated other classmates status. This was Thursday the 15th. He called TAMU Admissions on the 15th after school to confirm his status. They did confirm his acceptance and answered some of his questions.

He was told on the phone he should receive information by the end of the week but as of today the 21st, nothing has arrived. Is this normal? He was not contacted about his acceptance and he still hasn't received any information. For such an exciting time for our family, the lack of info from TAMU is disappointing.

By the way, he was not an auto admit. He has a 3.98 GPA, 25.3% (197/779), 1420 SAT.
histag10
AG
Congratulations! The Engineering Academy is a great program!

I cannot speak for admissions, but initial financial aid awarding for all aid and scholarships is being done over the next few days for incoming freshmen. If your son applied for financial aid or scholarships, they should be available in their portal within the next week or so.

Has your son registered for a new student conference? I know that can trigger a lot of processes in various departments.
JWAggie1991
AG
Also apply for housing asap. It should be available in his HOWDY portal. Housing and the NSC are the main things to do now. You should receive information on the NSC's. He need to attend one that is specific to Blinn/Engineering. If he is interested in Impact (similar to Fish Camp but with a faith basis) registration is open for that already. Congrats! My son will be a Freshman in the fall as well. He is a Chemistry/Forensic Science major and is going to be in the Corps. My husband and I are Aggies and super excited Gig 'Em.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
He was accepted for Blinn TEAM but it did not say that in AIS or Howdy? Strange because usually that is the first place kids check to see if they have been admitted.
Was he checking his account daily?
histag10
AG
If I remember right, Engineering Academy isn't the same as TEAM. TEAM is basically a general studies program with a pathway to A&M, Academy is an A&M student who is taking some math and science and core classes at Blinn, while taking all engineering courses at A&M. They can continue taking classes at Blinn (or whatever academy they are a part of) for 2 years, but they can also apply for entry-to-a-major earlier. They are classified as in the College of Engineering students at TAMU, not part of Transition Academic Programs (General Studies)
AgOutsideAustin
AG
You are right histag they are different but he should have been notified of admission through the AIS portal like all the other kids.
TAMUAdmissions
AG
With almost 43,000 freshmen applications alone, A&M communicates with your son through his AIS page. That always has the latest information available on his status and where A&M first notifies him of a decision. He also can read the actual letter being sent out through his AIS page. Of course, once a letter is mailed, A&M has no control over when it arrives.

Your son can see the details of the Engineering Academy at Blinn at http://engineering.tamu.edu/academies/blinn-bryan.html

He can also call an admissions counselor at 979-458-0950 if he has further questions.
NC Ag
AG
Thanks for all the replies. My son called admissions earlier and they said wait until Monday and if he hasn't received any info in the mail they will resend it. Now to get him signed up for housing, NSC, etc. He does have a notification on AIS of acceptance to the academy at Blinn. Exciting times!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.