What is your best/craziest/funniest interview story?

2,389 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by yell_on_6th st
Aggie Network
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
Thanks to everyone who submitted their Career Closet guess and interview story. We enjoyed reading your stories and have picked the two winners. Congratulations to the following posters who will be getting an Association goodie bag.

• Rasslin Cheesehead
  • BrotherChad

Winners, we'll be in touch.

Be on the look out for more trivia giveaways throughout the year. Thanks and gig 'em.

---

The spring semester is off and running and graduation is near for a lot of our students. To take it back for a lot of you, we want to give away an Association goodie bag. Answer each of the questions below and we'll select two winners on Saturday February 3.

DID YOU KNOW that a large part of our mission is to "serve the student body" and we do this in a number of ways, including providing financial and in-kind support for organizations like Career Closet. The Association was proud to provide $15,000 to Career Closet, which was used to build out their space in the MSC. Annually, we provide over $400,000 to hundreds of student organizations.

---

The Association of Former Students is the oldest organization serving Texas A&M University in support of the ever-growing Aggie Network. We are HERE for Aggies during their days as students and former students, THERE for Aggies as they make their way around the world and EVERYWHERE that the Aggie Network needs us to be.

Learn more at AggieNetwork.com.
The Association of Former Students | Texas A&M University
AggieNetwork@AggieNetwork.com | (979) 845-7514
ChemEAg08
AG
I was the interviewer, but I interviewed a woman for a ChemE job. All was going ok, but I asked her the "Tell me about a time you had to work with someone difficult". She told me about her professor and how he was arrogant and wanted to pop that inflated head of his.
Dr. Nefario
When I interviewed for my first job out of law school, I was selected for the job by the brokerage's general counsel but one of the partners wanted to meet me first. When I got to his office the secretary told me he was expecting me and to go on in.

When I opened the door, the partner was cutting a line of coke on his desk. He introduced himself and offered me a seat and we both sat down and he started talking to me about the brokerage history and company philosophy and other mundane interview crap but while he spoke he cut three more lines of coke. Then he nonchalantly snorted one, then another, then another. Up to that point, I had been playing it off as though it was no big deal, but now he had left the last line and I was worried he was going to offer it to me.

Well, he didn't. The interview ended and I was sent back to the general counsel's office. When I got there, he asked me how it went. I said it was...interesting. At that he rolled his eyes and simply asked "coke or hooker". I told him coke and he said I was lucky. He didn't elaborate on the hooker scenario, but I found out later that the partner once did the same thing with another interviewee except instead of coke, he had a hooker under his desk giving him a beej. It was his sick way of getting people uncomfortable and seeing how they dealt with it.

I took the job.
Dallas82
I was applying for a film production job at a small commercial studio in Dallas. It seems the the language used on sets and in the editing rooms can get quite 'explicit'. One of the questions the manager asked me was, "How are you with profanity?" My response was, "I think I'm pretty good at it."
I got the job.
Goose06
AG
Dr. Nefario said:

When I interviewed for my first job out of law school, I was selected for the job by the brokerage's general counsel but one of the partners wanted to meet me first. When I got to his office the secretary told me he was expecting me and to go on in.

When I opened the door, the partner was cutting a line of coke on his desk. He introduced himself and offered me a seat and we both sat down and he started talking to me about the brokerage history and company philosophy and other mundane interview crap but while he spoke he cut three more lines of coke. Then he nonchalantly snorted one, then another, then another. Up to that point, I had been playing it off as though it was no big deal, but now he had left the last line and I was worried he was going to offer it to me.

Well, he didn't. The interview ended and I was sent back to the general counsel's office. When I got there, he asked me how it went. I said it was...interesting. At that he rolled his eyes and simply asked "coke or hooker". I told him coke and he said I was lucky. He didn't elaborate on the hooker scenario, but I found out later that the partner once did the same thing with another interviewee except instead of coke, he had a hooker under his desk giving him a beej. It was his sick way of getting people uncomfortable and seeing how they dealt with it.

I took the job.

You should read the book straight to hell. Your story would fit perfectly in that book.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Dr. Nefario said:

I took the job.

If coke, wth.
If not, he's just an idiot.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.