Readmission Proceeding Dismissal

4,347 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 94chem
TexasAggie1280
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy,

I have just been placed on academic dismissal and will be eligible to reapply to Texas A&M in October. I have read various posts on here about how difficult the process is, though wanted a little additional advice to maximize my chances at readmission.

Prior to dismissal, I was a senior at Texas A&M. I had transferred in with 85 hours and approximately a 2.8 GPA at two other four-year colleges. Unfortunately, after being accepted to A&M, I struggled with a number of personal problems. I acted childishly in my response to these problems and did not address them like a man.

Being dismissed from Texas A&M and having to attend Blinn after being one year away from graduating is a humbling experience, though I intend to prove my worth and overcome this obstacle.

A few questions,

1. Who is in charge of readmission decisions within various departments? Is it the associated dean or a committee? I want to stay in contact with influential individuals to express my determination to return at the end of the year.

2. Besides performing well at Blinn and showing I've grown as a student, what else can I do in the next year to show I'm ready to return?

Upon returning to Texas A&M, I would need approximately a 2.8 GPA on 15 hours to return to good standing.

Thank you for any advice,
AgFan131
1. Dean of academic affairs/operations

2. I would encourage regular (weekly) community service to the same project. It shows commitment to something other than yourself, but also for your personal growth.

Also, ask #1 about #2.
TexasAggie1280
Hello,

So providing a bit of an update. Almost six months have passed now since my suspension and I just completed my first semester away. I am hoping to gain readmission as soon as I'm eligible and can apply on August 1st.

Since leaving, I just finished my semester at Blinn with a 3.75 and will soon be named to the Presidential Scholars List! I'm starting to see a glimmer of hope in the distance and I feel so happy to have something to fight for again.

Do you think, given my academic success this semester that I'll have a good chance of getting back into the Kinesiology (Sports Conditioning) program?
histag10
AG
I don't think anyone outside of that program can really answer your question. Have you kept in touch with an advisor or anyone else in that department? Have you asked them what you need to do academically while away to be considered for readmission? They would likely have provided you with certain classes to take, as well as telling you what grades you would need to make in those classes.

It's certainly not an easy path, but it can be done.
TexasAggie1280
I have remained in contact with the associate dean and my advisor and he has told me what steps to take, but has also said it's no sure-thing. I don't have any classes I can take at Blinn that go towards my degree program as I'm 34 credits away from graduating at Texas A&M. I just want some sort of encouragement. I'm not going to apply anywhere else, I'm going to keep banging on the door to get back in until I get a second opportunity. I want to be an Aggie and nothing else.
TexasAggie1280
Just wanted to let anyone reading this in the future to know that I have officially been accepted back to Texas A&M!

So thankful for another chance.
3in33
Congrats TexasAggie1280
94chem
TexasAggie1280 said:

Just wanted to let anyone reading this in the future to know that I have officially been accepted back to Texas A&M!

So thankful for another chance.

Shouldn't you be studying?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.