National Society of Leadership and Success- legit?

1,671 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AGinSEC
Ag Eng 92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know anything about this outfit? Sigma Alpha Pi....
Pro Sandy
AG
Probably pretty worthless.

Most of the honor societies seem to be solely for resume padding. You pay some money, get a nice cert and cord, and put it on your resume. I have been a member of several for Chemical Engineering, French, and Education, but none provided me any value beyond having it on the resume. The education one occasionally had an interesting article in their magazine. Even that, I doubt an employer made their decision, or even really had their decision swayed in any meaningful fashion, by it.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Phi Beta Kappa is the only general education honor society that might be viewed as impressive.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ranger1743
AG
There are a BUNCH of "honor societies" that currently exist as money-making schemes. Unless you are likely to take a leadership role in the organization (unlikely for national societies) it is probably much better to simply list your GPA/ leadership that was so impressive in the first place.
AGinSEC
Does anyone know if A&M has a Phi Beta Kappa society?
Aggie@state.gov
AG
1.3 seconds on the google will tell you yes but since Tech has a chapter - take it for what its worth.
AGinSEC
yes, you are correct. thank you. obviously, I am not in Phi Beta Kappa
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.