Mech. Engineering Transfer Chances

1,720 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bryce808
Bryce808
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy! Im curious if i would be a good candidate for transfer into Texas A&M in the summer/fall 2018 for mechanical engineering? I am currently going to community college, i went to blinn for 2 semesters and im now on my second semester at san jacinto college in houston. I have a 3.75 GPA with 33 credit hours and i should have a 3.8 GPA with 43 credit hours after this semester is over.

Here are the prereqs ive taken

English 2 - A
general chem. for engineers - B
Cal1- A
Cal2- B
Cal3- A
University Physics 1 - A (I had to drop this class at blinn but got an A at san jac)
University Physics 2 - Should get an (A) this semester
Differential Equations - Should get an (A) this semester

Ive also made all A's in all of my other miscellaneous classes.

When i had to drop university phys. 1 at blinn i got discouraged that I wouldn't have a chance to get into Mech. engineering at A&M. I would like to know yall's opinions. Thanks for the help!!!!
TAMUAdmissions
AG
Mechanical Engineering will focus mainly on two things: a high GPA compared to other applicants and whether you have completed the courses on their course sheet (http://admissions.tamu.edu/admissions-staging/media/Main/pdfs-transfer2017/ENG17-Mechanical.pdf). They go into a lot of detail there. Your essay MUST convey your understanding of and desire to pursue a Mechanical Engineering degree and planned career path.
Post removed:
by user
Bryce808
Thanks for the responses!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.