Environmental Geoscience Question

1,485 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by OnlyForNow
Caleb2020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy Ags! I was just wondering which environmental theme you believe to be most equipped for the real world job market and why
OnlyForNow
AG
What is that degree specialized in?
Lone Stranger
Mercy reply.......Bio & Ag Engineering or Civil Engineering for the real, real world. With either of those you can go into any environmental field and be prepared for about anything without having or needing any graduate work. Permitting, land development, water, air, mitigation, remediation, etc.
blingard
AG
Environmental Engineering is the only way to go here. Then work toward your PE license. Don't pursue a more light weight alternative like environmental science. Your job options will be greatly diminished. As an illustrative example, two of the sprinkler repair guys I use up here in Denver have BS degrees in environmental science and look where that got them.
OnlyForNow
AG
Lol. That's a really negative way to look at it.

I've being doing environmental consulting for 9 years and love my job and make good money.

It all depends on what his concentration is for the degree.
Caleb2020
Yeah I'm set on consulting. I'm thinking air quality or something else for a O&G company. The four themes in the major are where I'm stuck as I'm making my degree planner right now and they're so many choices
OnlyForNow
AG
Remember that lots of people get laid off when o&g goes down.
Caleb2020
which theme did you go into? right now theres human impact, climate change, marine environment, biosphere, and water
OnlyForNow
AG
I did entomology and got my MS then parlayed that into an entry level position at a consulting firm in Houston.

I've got no idea what "theme" means in this aspect. Get a good base of sciences, and dont be afraid to take classes not in your degree plan if it's ok with the department.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.