Online MBA programs

3,615 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JeepWaveEarl
Jules_Winnfield
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have been working for 10 years.. got my BS from ATM..

my question is are online MBA's worth the money, if so which ones

or do you guys advice against them?
blingard
AG
The good programs are worth the $. As mentioned elsewhere, your top three choices should be Indiana, Carnegie Mellon, and the University of North Carolina.

https://www.usnews.com/education/online-education/mba/rankings
coop214
AG
If you are already making 100k+. I would advise against spending a crap load on an MBA. on the other hand if you are making less than $100k, you will see a decent return on your money.

Personally, I would not look at cornells online program. $150k for an MBA is ludicrous. Instead, I would recommend UNC, Indiana or Illinois IMBA program. If I could go back in time, I would of definitely chose to do the Illinois MBA program. You just can't beat that price point.
ChemEAg08
AG
Yeah it depends on your situation. If you just want some knowledge on business aspects that you don't already know (finance, accounting, marketing), then an online MBA will be good.

If you want something that could help you move to a different job function or company/industry, is highly recommend a full time or at least part time/weekend program.
Ags2013
AG
Ags2013
AG
Starting the Illinois iMBA program in January. Anyone else in the program?
HawthornAggie
AG
What are the requirements for the iMBA program?
Ags2013
AG
This link has all of the requirements. Most notably, no GMAT required. I'm in my first semester and it has been pretty great so far.

https://onlinemba.illinois.edu/apply/
Agmaker
Job placement and salary stats for MBA are important. I suspect big differences between IMBA vs fulltime in person MBA.
Ags2013
AG
Agmaker said:

Job placement and salary stats for MBA are important. I suspect big differences between IMBA vs fulltime in person MBA.
That's true. Specifically to the University of Illinois iMBA, you have to be an active professional with a minimum of 5 years experience. A lot of students are looking to polish skills and get to the next level rather than find their footing. It also helps that the total cost of the program for the iMBA is 22k vs about 22k/year for the fulltime in person MBA.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
What are you looking to get out of the MBA, specifically? Is there something more specialized that would be more applicable? Many MBA's are a mile wide and an inch deep. I help run a program here at A&M that's 4 semesters and mobile and we are pretty well-rounded both in terms of networking and industry. Feel free to email me... kourtney@tamu
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...grateful for grace.....
Otto Braun 6/6/12-12/26/13
--cure pediatric cancer--
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.