Vet School Pre-Reqs Online

1,266 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by OnlyForNow
chickencoupe16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Through a combination of poor study habits, immaturity, and irresponsibility, I ended my sophomore year with a 2.1ish GPA. I began to grow up junior year and my last three semesters were a 3.8 and two straight 4.0s. I graduated with a 2.976. So close to a 3...

But, by the time I got my act together, vet school was no longer an option, so I changed my life plan. My last semester, I realized that I still want to be a vet, but by then, I couldn't stay in school. So now I have a big-boy job and I'm trying to get the pre-reqs on the side. The only problem is that it is rural and in no way are the hours stable, which means that I can't take courses in person.

At some point, I will have to leave this job and town to finish my pre-reqs. I may even have to leave a full-time job altogether. However, I really enjoy where I'm at now, so I want to stay as long as possible. Not to mention, leaving full-time pay as well as the benefits would be incredibly difficult. I know there are online options out there, I just don't know what they are. The biggest issue is the labs that I need. Here is a link to the list of pre-reqs: http://vetmed.tamu.edu/dvm/future/prerequisites/texas-common-course-number-requirementss

I'd really appreciate any feedback, but especially course/college suggestions.

TAMUAdmissions
AG
Most of what A&M offers on-line is for graduate school only. I would suggest talking to the College of Vet. Medicine directly for advice.
OnlyForNow
AG
What do you need versus what do you have?

Taking things like biochem, a&p, ochem, virology, etc all have required labs and will have to be taken at a college campus.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.