Teaching job etiquette help

1,741 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 94chem
FishingAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Friend's wife needs help. She's a career teacher 18 + years I think but needs to relocate to a smaller district that's closer to her husbands job.

Great teacher. Has highest star scores (something like that. I read her resume), she's perfect for what this job is asking for she said.

Question? She applied online as the job requested. Should she do anything else? She hasn't interviewed in 18 years. She's out of touch with current job search processes.

Can anyone give any advice/recommendations ?

Should she hand deliver anything? She really needs this job. Save her an hour drive every morning and the husband has no choice. Thank you in advance.

tag8
AG
Did she apply directly to the school, or just to the district?

Most applications go to the district, and the HR department will notify the principal's of applicants. I've always found notifying the principal that you are interested in the position the best, in case HR is slow to notifying.

Some programs automatically send the applications. So, it really just depends.

Never hurts to call/email the principal.
histag10
AG
out of curiosity- what area is she in/looking in.

also- post this on the job network board. More traffic and good responses geared towards applications for jobs, rather than academic applications for admissions to A&M
mrsbeer05
AG
I generally shot the principal a nice email with my resume as an added measure. This also let me explain why I was a good fit for the school.
Snowball
AG
Have her send an email to the principal of the campus with a copy of her resume attached.

In the email, give a brief synopsis of why she's applying and for what position. Have her disclose that she put in an application through the online system. Briefly put what she can teach/certifications and that she would appreciate consideration throughout the hiring process.

If possible, have her stop by the school/HR office and drop it off in person if she feels that might help. (This may or may not be a good thing. Depends on the job)
94chem
Need a contact inside the school. These decisions are made by departments and principals. HR gets notified of the decision and has no say in actual selection.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.