Re-admission Rate

8,453 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AggieEquine07
ag18z
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone know the acceptance rate for re-admissions? Also, does anyone know how I can increase my chances to get accepted?
I left A&M with a 1.77 GPR, and managed to raise it to a 2.5 at a community college. I'm just worried I won't get accepted.
TAMUAdmissions
AG
The acceptance rate for readmits can vary since each academic department makes their own decisions. As a result, your academic department would know better than anyone.

Preference is given to the applicant with the highest grade point ratio (GPR) and the most courses completed in the Degree Track for the major designated on the application.
redd38
AG
Definitely go have an in-person meeting with an advisor in the department you're trying to get accepted to. That made all the difference for me.
WaltonAg18
AG
I *ahem* "left" with a 1.5 GPA, spent a year as a Buccaneer, reapplied with a 3.0 GPA after meeting with the adviser a few times. The most key things IMO are personal connections with employees of the system, be they professors or advisers. Those letters of rec saved my ass
GunRangeGal
AG
I made an appointment with my dean and explained why I was a good candidate for re-admittance, had reference letters, a letter from my doctor giving me the all clear, a full explanation of why I did so poorly my freshman year (and how I had corrected those issues), and how I had raised my GPA when I went to Blinn. I asked my former professors to write emails to my dean. I gently pestered the crap out of him. Upon re-admittance, he told me he didn't expect me to graduate. I happily emailed him the day I graduated, in case he had forgotten that he told me I'd fail.

I'm not sure the pestering route would work for everybody... but it definitely worked for me!
WaltonAg18
AG
It's also 99% dependent on the major you're trying to get into. You can try one with a low GPA req., like turf science, and then transfer into your desired major from there
Al Bula
AG
ag18z said:

I left A&M with a 1.77 GPR, and managed to raise it to a 2.5 at a community college. I'm just worried I won't get accepted.
Do you mean your CC GPA is a 2.5, or your cumulative GPA (A&M + CC) is 2.5? I don't see A&M taking anyone with a 2.5 community college GPA.

Keep your head up and work harder. Once upon a time I flunked out of A&M, did my time at Blinn, ate humble pie and worked my way back in.
AggieEquine07
AG
Howdy! I attended tamu from Fall 2003-Fall 2005 where my grades plummeted, ultimately dismissing me from the school with a fabulous GPR of 1.403. In January 2016 I decided to meet with an advisor from my old department (Animal Science) and she suggested that I not only take classes towards my major at a Junior College (Lone Star is where I went since I live in Conroe) but to send a no-grades appeal to the deans office. They approved the appeal and no-graded my Fall 2005 semester. This did not bring me up to a 2.0 but it helped tremendously. In fact, I just received notice and saw my transcript change this last Monday. I had already sent in my readmit application on May 30 of this year and she (my advisor) informed me that they were holding my application until receiving notice of the no-grades appeal so they would know how to proceed. Once the department got confirmation that the no-grade appeals was approved, she e-mailed me back saying "That is fantastic news! We will process your readmit application as soon as we can. Have a great weekend!" -verbatim. I'm hoping this is good news as classes start soon and my app is for this Fall (2017). I'm constantly checking ais and howdy portal, hoping for admittance. Anyway, all this to say that I think it is looking good for me and if I can do it, anyone can. P.S. I completed 39 hours since January 2016. This and my work history since leaving tamu 12 years ago helped the department in their decision to no-grade appeals.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.