General question about Scholarship / Financial Aid available for prospective student

937 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Prescient
Bunbury
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's a young man at our church who has been accepted to Texas A&M, but in need of significant financial aid and/or scholarships to cover cost of attending. I'm a bit out of the loop on these matters, but just curious if anyone had any insight advice on the following:

At this point, would he still be eligible for any potential Corps of Cadets scholarships or financial aid?

Does anyone know what are the best on-campus jobs available to incoming freshman?

Are there any scholarships that you might recommend that would be seeking to give it to someone based mostly on financial need?

Is it recommended to work through the TAMU Financial aid office, or just secure FAFSA, etc.?

Thanks!!
JustPanda
AG
CoC is still an option. Most people I know preferred work study at either a dining hall because of the free meals or in one of the department heads where the dean and advisors sit.
Prescient
Bunbury said:

There's a young man at our church who has been accepted to Texas A&M, but in need of significant financial aid and/or scholarships to cover cost of attending. I'm a bit out of the loop on these matters, but just curious if anyone had any insight advice on the following:

At this point, would he still be eligible for any potential Corps of Cadets scholarships or financial aid?

Does anyone know what are the best on-campus jobs available to incoming freshman?

Are there any scholarships that you might recommend that would be seeking to give it to someone based mostly on financial need?

Is it recommended to work through the TAMU Financial aid office, or just secure FAFSA, etc.?

Thanks!!
Regarding the Corps of Cadets, have him contact Col. Sam Hawes. He's in charge of Corps recruiting and can help.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.