Leak: A&M Law now ranked #92 in USNWR 2018

6,978 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by TexAg2k8
BestUsernameEver
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assuming this information is correct, A&M law has made an astounding leap in the rankings once again. When I started in 2014, the school was unranked. In 3 short years, it has now received coveted top-100 status. Some on here questioned the merits of buying a law school in this legal market. I can't disagree with those objections, but sure am proud of how the school had made gains in reputation under the direction of Dean Morriss, his staff, and the student body.

USNWR Rankings 2018

trippledip
AG
As a current member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie School of Law Class of 2018, I am through the roof with excitement. When I applied it was an unranked school that was full of potential. Now if our sports programs can do the same!
blingard
AG
I do like A&M's niche in IP Law, number 7 in the country. Seems like the law school acquisition is working out.
94chem
Quote:

Now if our sports programs can do the same!
Hey now, that's about the same ranking as our defense.
End Of Message
AG
Ill admit that I was very skeptical of this move by TAMU. Very happy for the brand and current TAMU law students.
P.C. Principal
Agreed. This big of a jump in only 5 years is pretty impressive.
GoldenGun00
AG
Based on the momentum and investment, as well as a quick look at the schools ahead in the rankings, I'd speculate that A&M will be in the top 75 within another five years and top 50 within ten years. At that point, you start bumping against significantly higher quality schools that also have strong resources, so further increases may be slower to come. That said, it's not impossible, as the law school at Washington University in St. Louis made a huge investment and shot up from around 40 to 18 in roughly the 2000-2005 period.
GoldenGun00
AG
Looks like I may have been a little conservative with my prediction, as A&M moved up to #80 this year. They may have a legitimate chance of moving into the top 50 within 5 years.
GoldenGun00
AG
It turns out I was way too conservative. With a likely assist from the thoroughly revised rankings system this year, Texas A&M School of Law has now moved all the way up to #29. That's a pretty shocking climb from where it was as Wesleyan just ten years ago, and even its 149th rank in 2016.
TexAg2k8
AG
Agreed. My offer letter was from Wesleyan with an asterisk that it was pending acquisition by A&M, and the acquisition closed a week before my first semester started in the fall of 2013. As an Aggie undergrad it was exciting to watch the transition to A&M, but I never imagined it would be a top 30 law school in 10 years. I was fortunate to end up with an excellent return on my investment.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.