TAMUG, Corps, ROTC, Nursing, Transferring

1,851 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stressboy
Stressboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This question has many moving parts as you can see from the title. My son did not get admitted to the CS campus but did get admitted to TAMUG. He is determined to be an Aggie and he wants to go ROTC to become an Army nurse.

Thus you can see the many moving parts. I know he can get many of his nursing pre-reqs at TAMUG in year one and then transfer to a new major in CS as there are a few classes he would need in year 2 before applying to the nursing program at the CS health sciences center.

He wants to join the NRotc program and be a fish at TAMUG.

1. How difficult is it to transfer to the CS Corps his soph year?
2. Would he still be considered a fish his first semester in CS even though he had been in the TAMUG Corps?
3. How hard is it to switch from NRotc to ARotc within the Corps?
4. How is the Corps handling nursing students with clinicals etc? I know other school's ROTC programs make accommodations like switching the order of some of their summer training programs etc. Is their a particular unit for such students so they can study together etc like the learning communities on many other campuses ( A&M probably does that for nonregs)

After all of those what are we not thinking about?

Stressboy
AG
Got some answers.

Have to do DNC with the Corps at TAMUG and apply to Army ROTC when transferring to A&M.

Would be a Fish the first semester at TAMU even though did first year at TAMUG Corps.

Ocean Health is the degree plan at TAMUG but you just schedule pre-nursing classes and you will want to transfer to TAMU to community health. Check the pre-reqs for changing degrees.
Dirk Diggler
AG
I have 3 close friends who did TAMU Galveston as Cadets for a year and then transferred to the Corps at A&M. They do not regret taking that route and they are all doing very well!
Stressboy
AG
Thanks Jock. Great to have some confirmation.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.