Sally Ryan '16 proves that it is never too late to further your education. She's a 54-year-old grandmother raising two grandchildren, but she graduated magna cum laude from Texas A&M University in 2016 with the help of scholarships.

The professors and other students at Texas A&M were totally accepting of, and encouraging to, Sally as she followed her degree path. Of her much younger classmates, Sally said they got along great.

"I knew I could learn from them and thought they could probably learn from me as well," she explained.

This August, she will begin teaching third grade at Anson Jones Elementary in Bryan, Texas.

"Now I am living my dream and I could not have done it without my scholarships," Sally stated.

Learn more about Sally Ryan's journey as an Aggie.

Texas A&M Foundation
The Texas A&M Foundation is a nonprofit organization that receives major gifts and manages endowments for Texas A&M University. This year, the Foundation will provide $103.9 million for scholarships, faculty support, leadership programs and construction projects. Request your A&M Support Kit to learn how you can make a difference at Texas A&M through a gift to the Foundation.