GMAT Prep Course Recs

1,955 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Sh-to-the-Izzo
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking st applying for a professional MBA, and was wondering if any of y'all had taken a GMAT prep course.

If so:
-what was the course
-cost?
-do you feel it helped?
-specific things you liked/disliked about it

Tia
Token
AG
I used Manhattan GMAT (1600 for live class), Target Test Prep ($250 for 3 months), E-Gmat ($300 for a year) and Magoosh ($99/year) to prep for the gmat. Loved them all. I also used a private Manhattan GMAT tutor ($225/hr)

Manhattan helps you build a stronger base. TTP helps you go from 43Q to 47+Q, E gmat helps you build your verbal from zero to hero, and Magoosh is great to reinforce topics.
tandy miller
AG
Token said:

I used Manhattan GMAT (1600 for live class), Target Test Prep ($250 for 3 months), E-Gmat ($300 for a year) and Magoosh ($99/year) to prep for the gmat. Loved them all. I also used a private Manhattan GMAT tutor ($225/hr)

Manhattan helps you build a stronger base. TTP helps you go from 43Q to 47+Q, E gmat helps you build your verbal from zero to hero, and Magoosh is great to reinforce topics.
Have you heard back from any of the Ivy Leagues you applied to? Tried calling you a few weeks ago, no answer
Ridge14
I used empowergmat. Knocked out the math and general strategy for $99. I think I'm pretty strong at math, but it was still helpful. Wouldn't recommend their verbal stuff.

I used Thursdays w/ Ron for sentence correction videos, and then the official guide and verbal supplement guide for additional sentence correction/cr/rc. GMATclub forums are helpful too. Also would recommend GMATPrep Exam Packs 1, 2.

I improved 140 points from first unprepped gmat exam to real thing.
hangman
700 GMAT. Magoosh and the official gmac book for extra problems are the two things I'd recommend for most useful. I also bought Manhattan prep but it was a slog compared to Magoosh video problems. I watched all Magoosh math videos and did all math problems. I took all manhattan prep practice tests and the two free gmac practice tests for a total of 7 tests. Id also recommend focusing on grammar it's a huge point earner compared to math. I didn't do grammar at all and realized too late I could have easily been in the 740s if I had from the beginning. Good luck.
May_May
+1 for Magoosh
Sh-to-the-Izzo
AG
Princeton Review - it was several years ago but it cost more than $1000. I felt it was well worth it for no other reason than it forced me to study.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.