Transfer to Mays. Summer or Fall?

2,585 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by zachfb
zachfb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm deciding whether to apply for Summer or Fall. Does it make a difference to admissions? Or are the chances of being excepted the same?

I'll update on my progress.

[Edit] Thank you for the replies. I decided summer made the most sense for me so hopefully there is a spot open for me... Fingers crossed
TAMUAdmissions
AG
It depends partly what type of applicant would you be. Do you want to be a freshman, a transfer, a graduate, post-bacc., non-degree seeking or a readmit? In addition, would you be a domestic or international applicant? There are fewer students applying for the summer but fewer slots as well. Some departments don't allow students to begin in the summer. For some of the applicant types above, the academic department makes the decision and not Admissions. Fewer classes are available in the summer as well.

You can call an admissions counselor at 979-458-0950. You can also review the applicant types at http://www.tamu.edu/admissions/index.html.

TAMUAdmissions
AG
The course sheet for Mays (http://admissions.tamu.edu/transfer/majors) has a great deal of detail on what they look for. They will make the decision and not Admissions for transfer applicants. They do take summer/fall applicants but not spring.
WestGalvestonAggie

My Grandson will study business at Texas A&M after taking a gap year from Blinn to hike the Appalachian Trail.

Question: Can he use his Appalachian Trail hike to substitute for PE?

Question: Will his trail experiences make him a more competitive applicant to the business school?

He plans on selling arts and crafts that he makes from materials found on the trail to help fund the journey. He also plans to kill and eat his own food and make clothing, toys and dolls from the remaining bones and skin. To me, that shows a true business spirit and the kind of moxie a school like A&M will appreciate. Agree or disagree?

Your response to these questions will help guide the direction of his admission essay, so I really need some thoughtful feedback from you. Please do not simply direct me to another webpage or course sheet. Thank you!
TAMUAdmissions
AG
He probably will not be able to substitute the hike for PE. However, I encourage him to call an Admissions Counselor at 979-458-0950. They are trained to answer that type of question.

What he is doing does show a true business spirit and fine qualities. Mays Business School will be making the decision and not the Admissions office. They give preference to applicants ready to join Mays' junior class upon arrival at Texas A&M. Applicants need a grade of 'A' in most courses to be competitive. Courses in progress at the time of application are considered incomplete. The above is what Mays will focus on to determine whether he is a competitive applicant.

Applicants are encouraged to use the required essay as an opportunity to identify their past accomplishments, discuss what they hope to study at Texas A&M University, and describe how their education will help them meet goals after graduation. Application essays are read and reviewed for content, presentation and style.
zachfb
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.