BIO 111 and Chem 101 Tutor

2,909 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 130Ag82
litig8r187
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Little Lit decided to major in a science laden field (there is a reason Litig8r is a lawyer and not an engineer). Her first round of quizzes has her questioning that decision but she still needs to do at least moderately well this semester. I'm sure there are lots of discussions about tutoring services and individual but I am in a bit of a crunch. So, rec on the best local services with individual tutoring in these areas as well as any contacts for private individuals.

If someone wants to contact me directly I am at litig8r at Hotmail dot com.
Oogway
I don't have any recs for the local services having never used them, but while you/she are researching that option if she has not yet tried the Biology Help Desk in Heldenfels I would suggest that she reach out to them.
130Ag82
AG
Our son is a science major. Best for Chemistry 101,102, and Organic is Dr. Sam Perkins at Tutor John. Our son used his private tutor services and he is excellent. A tad expensive, but worth it. Have also heard that A Plus has Biology 111 and 112.
JaneDoe02
AG
Chemistry help desk Heldenfels room 406.

They can help her with lab and lecture.

Also, all of the Chem101 classes have SI sessions and the IAs do review sessions before each test.

UndergroundAg
quote:
Our son is a science major. Best for Chemistry 101,102, and Organic is Dr. Sam Perkins at Tutor John. Our son used his private tutor services and he is excellent. A tad expensive, but worth it. Have also heard that A Plus has Biology 111 and 112.

Ha can't beleive good Ole tutor John is still around. He helped me! Wonder if he still has his cat.
litig8r187
AG
She has been to the SI sessions and the help desk and they helped but she needs some one on one. Her HS science background is just not where it needed to be.
BTHOB
AG
Is she also attempting to find a tutor for herself, or does she require your help to do so? I mention this because she, being local to the university, probably has more access to tutoring resources than you do remotely.
litig8r187
AG
We live in the Brazos Valley. I'm in College Station several times a week so we are "local". That said, yes she is doing some looking. I think she has found someone to try and help her with Biology at least short term. After they meet, we will see how things go and see if they are interested in a permanent arrangement. She is still looking for help with Chem but she is going to check in on Tutor John and Sam Perkins.
vin1041
AG
Any suggestions for Calculus 151?
SassyAggie10
130Ag82
AG
Our son used a tutor/professor from Dallas County Community College. He is superb but expensive. He tutors via FaceTime for a charge and posts free videos online on YouTube for many topics under the name Valdez Gant. He has a masters in both Applied and Pure Mathmatics. His degree is in Electrical Eng, but his true calling is teaching.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.