Men 18-26 Automatically Registered for Selective Service. Women required to Register

19,969 Views | 174 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by oldyeller
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not sure what the change is for males in terms of it being required . It's been this way since 1980. It's required. It just looks like now that instead of you filing out the required form the data will be harvested automatically.

You can't dodge the enrollment. Thats all.
Burrus86
AG
My advice for the young ones, including those that vote DemocRAT….
jja79
AG
Don't think there was a draft then but while the Greatest Generation fought and died to save the world he stayed home and got rich pretending to be one of them.
richardag
taxpreparer said:

eric76 said:

Within two or three days after I turned 18, I proudly went down to the courthouse and registered for the draft.

I did mine on my 18th birthday, at the post office. Then I was ecstatic when my lottery number came up 365.
My lottery number was 235. If I remember correctly the lottery got up to 187 that year. We were listening on the radio in our dorm room, when they called the #1 lottery number(I believe Sept 9th) someone in the adjoining room screamed.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Tango.Mike
jja79 said:

Don't think there was a draft then but while the Greatest Generation fought and died to save the world he stayed home and got rich pretending to be one of them.

Yes, there was a draft in WW2. Yes, he dodged that draft multiple times
richardag
Brother Shamus said:

Send the illegals and permanent residents to be fodder for the Slavic vs Slavic wars first.
Based on the corrupt leadership I wouldn't doubt your statement at all.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Krautag81
After Vietnam and the draft, they went further and stopped registration for a several years until Reagan started it back. I fell right in that window and never had to register, but I would have if required to.
Owlagdad
TexasAggie73 said:

Owlagdad said:

Plenty Biden supporters headed to Canada.
Lol, once the draft ended the hippy freaks let NIXON bomb hell out of North VietNam. No sweat off their ass anymore

And if Trump's son gets drafted will he have bone spurs?

Pees the bed
Kentucky Jeff
Woods Ag said:

20 years ago I would have been willingly laid down my life for this country. 10 years ago probably the same. Even 5 years ago I would have.

Today - there's no ****ing way me or my son will fight for this shothole.

Couldn't have said it better!
Hubert J. Farnsworth
What is so different? I had to register when I turned 18 in 2006. Are there a bunch of people that don't register?
JB!98
AG
Wildmen06 said:

This is new? I remember registering for selective service when I turned 18.
I remember my Grandpa going with me to the post office to register. Part of him was sad because of what he experienced in Korea and part of him was proud. Different times in 1989.
Cromagnum
AG
Just ship all the liberals and their kids off for the selective service. They voted for all this *****
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Cromagnum said:

Just ship all the liberals and their kids off for the selective service. They voted for all this *****

I would be perfectly fine with that. Let the liberals be the cannon fodder.
Krazykat
AG
Sign the illegals up too! They're on the government teat. Time to pay the piper!
secAg_098
useless legislation
geoag58
AG
If the draft is a reaction to Ukraine, it has become glaringly clear you will be fighting for a federal government that had a big hand in causing the war and is run by grifters who profit from the war.
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
jamey
AG
Artorias said:

My kids will never be reporting for a draft for a war that isn't a direct imminent threat to the homeland

Is that code for Russia is no threat and they have sweet shopping carts according to Tucker Carlson
Hubert J. Farnsworth
jamey said:

Artorias said:

My kids will never be reporting for a draft for a war that isn't a direct imminent threat to the homeland

Is that code for Russia is no threat and they have sweet shopping carts according to Tucker Carlson

Who the hell are you? Such a stupid post. Just another fly by premium poster I guess.
jamey
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

jamey said:

Artorias said:

Who the hell are you? Such a stupid post. Just another fly by premium poster I guess.

What else could that post mean?

It's at best only pro American if some agreed upon variable is met.

So whats the variable?
Aggie4Life02
AG
F the federal government.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Aggie4Life02 said:

F the federal government.

Amen.
justcallmeharry
S
taxpreparer said:

eric76 said:

Within two or three days after I turned 18, I proudly went down to the courthouse and registered for the draft.

I did mine on my 18th birthday, at the post office. Then I was ecstatic when my lottery number came up 365.
I went to the Brazos County Courthouse and registered on my 18th birthday, too. My lottery number was approx. 315.
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
jamey said:

jamey said:

Artorias said:

So whats the variable?

You were obviously mocking someone that doesn't want their kids fighting a war for our worthless government that has proven to have no interest in winning wars.
jamey
AG

jamey said:

jamey said:

Artorias said:

So whats the variable?

You were obviously mocking someone that doesn't want their kids fighting a war for our worthless government that has proven to have no interest in winning wars.

I'm looking for clarification from someone I suspect does not respect the worlds largest nuclear arsenal and doesn't consider it a threat despite it being controlled by a psychopath

It's a current fad
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Fat Black Swan said:

APHIS AG said:

Rapier108 said:

Women scream constantly about wanting "equality."

Well fine, now they're going to get it and have to register for the draft like men have to.
And the ones that will be screaming about this will be feminist. One must understand that a majority of "feminist" us it when it favors them and will go back to "traditionalism" when it does not like men paying for dating them.

Just more hypocrisy from the left.

and like that abortion rates plummet
jja79
AG
Tango.Mike said:

jja79 said:

I stand corrected on the draft. My dad dropped out of grad school at Baylor and joined the USMC. He got a tour of tropical islands like Iwo Jima, Tarawa, etc. He had nothing good to say about John Wayne. Remarkable people consider him some sort of hero.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
jamey said:

jamey said:

jamey said:

Artorias said:

So whats the variable?

I'm looking for clarification from someone I suspect does not respect the worlds largest nuclear arsenal and doesn't consider it a threat despite it being controlled by a psychopath

It's a current fad

We have nukes too. Once those things start flying, we are all done for. Your mistake is thinking that Russia is the enemy. Our government has proven that they have zero interest in winning wars. They handcuff our soldiers with ridiculous ROE's while the enemy doesn't have to play by those rules. The last 20 years has proven that our government never wanted to win the war. I don't blame a soul for not wanting to fight for our government.
jamey
AG

jamey said:

jamey said:

jamey said:

Artorias said:

So whats the variable?

It's a current fad

We have nukes too. Once those things start flying, we are all done for. Your mistake is thinking that Russia is the enemy. Our government has proven that they have zero interest in winning wars. They handcuff our soldiers with ridiculous ROE's while the enemy doesn't have to play by those rules. The last 20 years has proven that our government never wanted to win the war. I don't blame a soul for not wanting to fight for our government.

You make the mistake of thinking Russia is rational, much less not run by an evil authoritarian sitting on the words largest nuclear arsenal. Not a threat, you're naive

You aren't even talking Russia. You're mad at the US gov and saying Russia is OK because of it
4the_Record
John Wayne did not dodge the draft. He was exempt as were all married men. He was 34 at the beginning and, while he could have still volunteered as did his friend Jimmy Stewart, it is completely untrue to say he dodged the draft.
one safe place
jja79 said:

Tango.Mike said:

jja79 said:

I stand corrected on the draft. My dad dropped out of grad school at Baylor and joined the USMC. He got a tour of tropical islands like Iwo Jima, Tarawa, etc. He had nothing good to say about John Wayne. Remarkable people consider him some sort of hero.
Be interested to know how he was at Iwo and Tarawa. Tarawa was a 2nd Division fight and if memory serves me, Iwo was a 3rd, 4th, and 5th Division fight. Maybe he changed divisions? I haven't run across that yet.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
jamey said:

jamey said:

jamey said:

jamey said:

Artorias said:

So whats the variable?

It's a current fad

You make the mistake of thinking Russia is rational, much less not run by an evil authoritarian sitting on the words largest nuclear arsenal. Not a threat, you're naive

You aren't even talking Russia. You're mad at the US gov and saying Russia is OK because of it

Would you send your son to go fight for a government that had no intention of winning a war? Yes, I see our own government as more of an enemy to us than Russia. Russia is bogged down in Eastern Ukraine. I really don't see them as a major threat.
one safe place
I didn't register when I turned 18. I kept meaning to, but was busy working in the rice fields and didn't go to town to register. Finally, about a month past my birthday, they called my boss and told him if I didn't come register they were going to send someone to get me. Not sure if they would have or not, but he took me to town.

I remember walking into the draft board office and just before walking in I turned down the upper part of my hip boots. I filled out whatever form or forms and when I got up, I had left quite a puddle of mud and water. I felt kind of bad because the mother of a friend of mine was the draft board person, whatever they were called back then.

My lottery number was 12 but they stopped the draft before they got me.
jamey
AG

jamey said:

jamey said:

jamey said:

jamey said:

Artorias said:

So whats the variable?

It's a current fad

Would you send your son to go fight for a government that had no intention of winning a war?

My daughter you mean and yes. I believe in America even if I'm not a fan of our politicians, both D and R.

It's not about our government, it's about the spread of evil that exists in the world, like Russia. You want to pretend Russia is not a threat becauseyou'ree mad at our government? Evil sociopath controls words largest nuclear arsenal is not a threat? Com'on

As messed up as many of our politicians are, most are not so far gone as to excuse Russia as not an enemy. At least not yet.
Gilligan
AG
Nothing to see here. All males are required to register for Selective Service. Had been that way for at least 26 years since my oldest aged out in March. I have one more that has two years and three months to go.

This just does it automatically.

I am curious what the military is going to do about all the different genders if they call them up. In basic I was a platoon guide and had to deal with the guys that got the letters from home that their GFs were breaking up with them, cheated, etc.

I can't imagine what reception would be like with guys with piercings, gauges, painted fingernails and wanting their Mommies.
one safe place

jamey said:

jamey said:

jamey said:

jamey said:

Artorias said:

So whats the variable?

It's a current fad

Would you send your son to go fight for a government that had no intention of winning a war?
My dad didn't think we were trying to win the Vietnam War. His dad died an early death due to lung issues from being gassed in WWI and dad was twice wounded in the Pacific. He felt I was obligated to serve if drafted but was adamant about me not going to Vietnam. As it turned out they stopped the draft so the decision never wound up having to be made.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.