Men 18-26 Automatically Registered for Selective Service. Women required to Register

19,979 Views | 174 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by oldyeller
will25u
How long do you want to ignore this user?
House passed for men to automatically be registered for the selective service when they turn 18. And next year 18 to 26 could be automatically registered for selective Service if they weren't already.

Armed services committee to send to the house to pass that women be registered for the selective Service.

I don't agree with making women register for the selective Service.

I bet there will be a lot of people who don't agree with the equality of this.

Rapier108
Women scream constantly about wanting "equality."

Well fine, now they're going to get it and have to register for the draft like men have to.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
B-1 83
AG
You just thought you could avoid it by being "gender confused"……
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Artorias
AG
My kids will never be reporting for a draft for a war that isn't a direct imminent threat to the homeland
whoop1995
AG
We are going to war………. There is no other reason to do this when we have a volunteer army. Of men and women.
I collect ticket stubs! looking for a 1944 orange bowl and 1981 independence bowl ticket stub as well as Aggie vs tu stubs - 1926 and below, 1935-1937, 1939-1944, 1946-1948, 1950-1951, 1953, 1956-1957, 1959, 1960, 1963-1966, 1969-1970, 1972-1974, 1980, 1984, 1990, 2004, 2008, 2010
Woods Ag
AG
20 years ago I would have been willingly laid down my life for this country. 10 years ago probably the same. Even 5 years ago I would have.

Today - there's no ****ing way me or my son will fight for this shothole.
AggieT
AG
Recruiting numbers must be garbage. I wonder why.
Old_Ag_91
AG
With as corrupt as this government is… no, sorry, not doing that to my kid.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Gonna join the Quakers if that happens.
Love Gun
Good luck with that. Too many (men and women) in that age group don't have the skills to pay the bills with regard to serving with pride and honor of country and good will. Too many limp wristed skinny soy boys who are medicated after being diagnosed with some mental garbage. That alone will keep them out of the military draft with deferments.

**** Joe Biden
peacedude
AG
Support for Ukraine just went to 0.

We warned ya.

"Daddy, why am I being shipped off to war?"

"Because I'm a fool, baby girl."
SouthTex99
AG
APHIS AG
Rapier108 said:

Well fine, now they're going to get it and have to register for the draft like men have to.
And the ones that will be screaming about this will be feminist. One must understand that a majority of "feminist" us it when it favors them and will go back to "traditionalism" when it does not like men paying for dating them.

Just more hypocrisy from the left.
Jason C.
AG
Hard to harvest the young fellas' votes if they haven't registered for selective service yet!
Tango.Mike
There's never going to be a draft. This is useless legislation

Though it was always annoying that I had to show I had registered for the draft… while I was on active duty

Politicians don't want to institute a draft, and even more so they don't want a population that is engaged and has skin in their war decisions
eric76
AG
Within two or three days after I turned 18, I proudly went down to the courthouse and registered for the draft.
ef857002-e9da-4375-b80a-869a3518bb00@8shield.net
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
My grandfather joined the Army to avoid prison. The judge gave him 2 options.
taxpreparer
AG
eric76 said:

Within two or three days after I turned 18, I proudly went down to the courthouse and registered for the draft.

I did mine on my 18th birthday, at the post office. Then I was ecstatic when my lottery number came up 365.
clarythedrill
For those of you who say you will never allow your kid to be drafted, what exactly are you going to do IF we have a draft and they are indeed drafted?
TexasAggie73
AG
Took a day off of school to go register, didn't miss school at all.
Owlagdad
Plenty Biden supporters headed to Canada.
Lol, once the draft ended the hippy freaks let NIXON bomb hell out of North VietNam. No sweat off their ass anymore
eric76
AG
taxpreparer said:

eric76 said:

I did mine on my 18th birthday, at the post office. Then I was ecstatic when my lottery number came up 365.
I didn't even know my lottery number until years later. It turned out that it was pretty high.

As it turned out, it didn't matter -- there was no way I was going to be drafted. When I tried to join the Navy, I flunked the physical because of a heart issue which led to having it repaired before it was too late to do anything.
ef857002-e9da-4375-b80a-869a3518bb00@8shield.net
Rossticus
Like John Wayne said, "Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."

If you wouldn't be willing to defend the US if it were attacked (which is the only conceivable scenario under which a draft would occur despite the lamentation of the pearl clutching alarmists) then you should identify one that you would, and move there. And if there is no country on the face of the earth you'd prefer to live in than the US and you'd still not fight, then there may be another problem. IMHO, of course.
TexasAggie73
AG
Owlagdad said:

Plenty Biden supporters headed to Canada.
Lol, once the draft ended the hippy freaks let NIXON bomb hell out of North VietNam. No sweat off their ass anymore

And if Trump's son gets drafted will he have bone spurs?
Fat Black Swan
AG
APHIS AG said:

Rapier108 said:

And the ones that will be screaming about this will be feminist. One must understand that a majority of "feminist" us it when it favors them and will go back to "traditionalism" when it does not like men paying for dating them.

Just more hypocrisy from the left.

Sq 17
Registering with selective services probably increases the likelihood 18-26 year old females will register to vote
Which is why this change is happening There isn't going to be a draft
Wildmen06
AG
This is new? I remember registering for selective service when I turned 18.
Hungry Ojos
Rossticus said:

Like John Wayne said, "Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."

If you wouldn't be willing to defend the US if it were attacked (which is the only conceivable scenario under which a draft would occur despite the lamentation of the pearl clutching alarmists) then you should identify one that you would, and move there. And if there is no country on the face of the earth you'd prefer to live in than the US and you'd still not fight, then there may be another problem. IMHO, of course.

swampstander
AG
Emotional Support Cobra said:

My grandfather joined the Army to avoid prison. The judge gave him 2 options.
Happened to a friend of mine in high school (caught with beaucoup weed). Ended up being a helicopter pilot and making bank.
jja79
AG
Quoting a guy that chose not to serve seems odd.
Tango.Mike
Rossticus said:

Pretty ironic flex, since John Wayne was a draft dodger
pfo
AG
In the 70's, when I registered for the draft, our solders were being sent to Vietnam to fight communism. Now there's no need to fly halfway around the world to do that. The communists defeating America are in Washington DC and every big blue city right here in the USA.

What are America soldiers supposed to be fighting for now? For communism, for Ukraine's borders while ours are wide open. Screw that!
Brother Shamus
Send the illegals and permanent residents to be fodder for the Slavic vs Slavic wars first.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
one safe place
Draft? Just where is the ground war going to be?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.