House voted to hold AG Garland in contempt of Congress

3,227 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by aggiehawg
will25u
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Along party lines of course.

So will the DOJ prosecute itself? LOL.

DannyDuberstein
AG
I still relish the fact this POS never made it to being a SC Justice. You are just a zit on the ass of US DOJ history and that's all you'll ever be, Merrick. Fester, pop, and ooze for a brief time, then you'll be gone and forgotten.
Rockdoc
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I still relish the fact this POS never made it to being a SC Justice. You are just a zit on the ass of US DOJ history and that's all you'll ever be, Merrick. Fester, pop, ooze, then you'll be gone and forgotten.

That's why he's got such a huge burr under his saddle.
itsyourboypookie
But will it happen?
pfo
AG
It's truly grotesque how frequently lawyers and judges ignore and break the law. It makes me vomit when a lawyer, I know to be a complete POS, says to a judge "As an officer of the court, I blah blah blah".
Ellis Wyatt
Rockdoc said:

DannyDuberstein said:

I still relish the fact this POS never made it to being a SC Justice. You are just a zit on the ass of US DOJ history and that's all you'll ever be, Merrick. Fester, pop, ooze, then you'll be gone and forgotten.

That's why he's got such a huge burr under his saddle.
That, or he's just a fascist. Smells fascist to me.
Ellis Wyatt
itsyourboypookie said:

But will it happen?
Doesnt matter. Use the powers you have and keep hitting them. They're using powers they don't even have.
stetson
AG
No.
FJB
Who?mikejones!
So it goes to the DC da and they have to present it to a grand jury.

We all know grand jury presentations are totally an unbiased review of the facts. I'm sure they'll return an indictment lickity split.
Who?mikejones!
Oh and this actually a legit case by the Republicans

1. An oversite committee requested documents as part of an official investigation.
2. Oversight committee has reason to believe the transcripts have been edited and request a copy of the audio recordings to verify the accuracy of the transcript
3. Agency doesn't produce and delays and outright declares they will not comply with the lawful request

The Republicans had to hold him in contempt because he is in contempt. The DA should also clearly hold him to account, but we all know the DA won't do amything
ts5641
democrats don't get arrested. Nothing will happen.
TTUArmy
Garland is an activist POS and deserves to hang for his treachery, but this a bread and circus move.
Who?mikejones!
This one is not.
CDUB98
AG
ts5641 said:

democrats don't get arrested. Nothing will happen.
DD88
AG
TTUArmy
Agthatbuilds said:

This one is not.

I want you to be right - I do.

I'm sick of being on the side that thinks we should always take the high ground. We need start breaking our boot off in the leftists' 4th point of contact now or we're not going to have a country we recognize anymore.

You'll have to forgive my lack of faith in the current R's to do anything about these treasonous snakes on the left. All too often, they appease these child-like thinking dumbasses with concessions or go light on them.
Ag with kids
AG
Since there isn't a dual set of laws as the Dems have told us, Garland will now be tried, just like Bannon was, right?

Right?
Ellis Wyatt
stetson said:

No.
Yes.

Republicans are being crushed by rules that only apply to the right.

Hammer the fascists and make them respond so the American people can see who they are.
Who?mikejones!
What else, in this is particular case, can the Republicans do?

They actually voted the sitting AG in contempt
Claverack
If you want DoJ's attention in these issues, then give them a 50% budgetary haircut.

Things aren't great at the IRS. But it is much better than what it was under Obama when they were targeting Republicans. Funny how a budget cut makes a group of unelected bureaucrats much more compliant to requests for reform.

DoJ will not be answerable to public oversight until the Party controlling the House uses the power of the purse they have at their disposal.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Quote:

If you want DoJ's attention in these issues, then give them a 50% budgetary haircut.
How does that even work if the government already disregards the budget?
annie88
AG
MarkTwain
Typical coward RINOs. They line up to vote unanimously for the toothless contempt but when the paperwork is put forward to hold Garland for 3.1 Inherent contempt they vanish like a virgin on prom night
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
will25u

aggiehawg
AG
Soooo, Executive Privilege does not apply when reading what Biden said as recorded in a transcript?

But it does with hearing what Biden said in the audio? That is supposed to be the same?

Riiiight.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.