Ted Cruz calls out harsh Ugandan anti-gay law

14,097 Views | 233 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by boboguitar
RebelE Infantry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Horrible look here from Cruz. Absolutely no need to comment on this at all and just signals support for the opposition.
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
The Real Napster
But but but the United States is so homophonic
Teslag
AG
But he's not wrong
Jason C.
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

Horrible look here from Cruz. Absolutely no need to comment on this at all and just signals support for the opposition.

Yeah, super weird. Not like a liberal will ever like him even if he got a rainbow face tattoo, and it's not like it's a matter of justice, so why bother?
Tanya 93
RebelE Infantry said:

You are upset he thinks killing people for being gay is a bad thing?

Are you sure you want to be that poster?
Im Gipper
What a dumb criticism!

Cruz is right. We should condemn such laws.

Not thinking gay should be a death sentence is not supporting the gays. staff?? Clean up on misleading title?

I'm Gipper
Tanya 93
Jason C. said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Yeah, super weird. Not like a liberal will ever like him even if he got a rainbow face tattoo, and it's not like it's a matter of justice, so why bother?

He's a man of integrity and calls out things when they are wrong?

I disagree with a lot of his politics, but this is real brave stance. The OP is already upset he rightly called it out.

Bravo Ted.
BigRobSA
Blue Diamond of OPFail.
RebelE Infantry
AG
You would have a point if that law was about killing homos.

Instead, it imposes the death penalty for things like same sec child rape. Something that many posters here endorse.

Nice effort though.
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Hate the sin, love the sinner.
You cannot legislate morality and no government should criminalize sexual behavior between consenting adults.

Or do you want political refugees?
Ol_Ag_02
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

Why am I not surprised your siding with the Ugandan president on this.
Tanya 93
RebelE Infantry said:

You would have a point if that law was about killing homos.

Instead, it imposes the death penalty for things like same sec child rape. Something that many posters here endorse.

Nice effort though.

Having gay sex with HIV, and knowing that, should not be punished by the government killing you.

Having gay sex should not be a prison sentence. Period.

RebelE Infantry
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

Hate the sin, love the sinner.
You cannot legislate morality and no government should criminalize sexual behavior between consenting adults.

Or do you want political refugees?

This might be the dumbest and most persistent take among the "right."

All law is legislation of morality to one degree or another.

And whether you like it or not, a consent based morality will inevitably lead to legalization of pedos. Guaranteed .
astros4545
AG
AOC is silent

Pretty clear she supports killing gays
guadalupeag
Jason C. said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Because it's the right thing to do.
Rapier108
Tanya 93 said:

RebelE Infantry said:

You are upset he thinks killing people for being gay is a bad thing?

Are you sure you want to be that poster?
Yes he is. Look at his posting history.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
MemphisAg1
AG
LGBTQ isn't my lifestyle, but I don't want to see them mistreated either. Everybody should be treated with basic respect and dignity, regardless of political affiliation, lifestyle choice, etc. It's what we called "manners" when I was growing up. It's ok to call out evil people and unjust laws. In fact, it's a moral obligation to call them out. Good Ted.

And this is coming from somebody who is madder than hell at the grooming of children, biological males competing against women in sports, Bud Light, Target, and you name it.
Get Off My Lawn
Cruz the colonizer trying to impose european values on disadvantaged minorities.
TexAgs91
AG
Jason C. said:

Why do you think in terms of getting libs to like you?
gonemaroon
AG
Good Ted
D-Fens
White liberals in America pretend the LGBTQ community is under attack or marginalized here. Ted is just showing them how stupid they are by ignoring legitimate civil rights issues abroad.
Quantum Entanglement
As a John Birch society member I have to agree with Uganda.
Dies Irae
Glad for Uganda supporting legislation that was the law of the land in this country all of 1 generation ago, when things were more sane.

We gave the homosexuals some leeway and what you see in our country now is the thanks we got. Republicans can't stop from virtue signaling how "woke" they are in supporting liberal platforms.

Dies Irae
Quantum Entanglement said:

As a John Birch society member I have to agree with Uganda.

That's weird because the John Birch society was pro-gay
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Now the whole crew is here!
snowdog90
Death for being gay is wrong and horrible. Nothing wrong with what Cruz said.
Get Off My Lawn
MemphisAg1 said:

LGBTQ isn't my lifestyle, but I don't want to see them mistreated either. Everybody should be treated with basic respect and dignity, regardless of political affiliation, lifestyle choice, etc. It's what we called "manners" when I was growing up. It's ok to call out evil people and unjust laws. In fact, it's a moral obligation to call them out. Good Ted.

And this is coming from somebody who is madder than hell at the grooming of children, biological males competing against women in sports, Bud Light, Target, and you name it.
The left's incrementalism is working. A few generations back there was no issue with anti sodomy laws in our country.

Now - these were largely impractical - which makes them bad laws from a workability standpoint - but that doesn't mean that they were devoid of shaping influence on society.

We have a slew of indecency laws on the books - when sodomy came off the books it should have been replaced with a more workable 18+ restriction on 2SLGBTQAAI+ advocacy.
RebelE Infantry
AG
snowdog90 said:

Yes but what about death for homosexual child rape?
frenchtoast
Good for Cruz.
Dies Irae
MemphisAg1 said:

How do you think we got to where we are in a span of 20 years, since homosexuality was decriminalized.

I'll also point out Scalia, Thomas, and Rehnquist voted against Lawrence v Texas. You know, the Conservative justices?
Ol_Ag_02
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

snowdog90 said:

Aren't you supposed to be anti-death penalty. The whole sanctity of life thing.
Tanya 93
RebelE Infantry said:

snowdog90 said:

Why make it about homosexual child rape?

It is much, much more likely a young girl is raped by a man her family knows.

FIDO*98*
AG
D-Fens said:

White liberals in America pretend the LGBTQ community is under attack or marginalized here. .

Exactly. And the reality it that community is attacking children by supporting abuse and pedophilia
Dies Irae
Tanya 93 said:

RebelE Infantry said:

snowdog90 said:

Why make it about homosexual child rape?

It is much, much more likely a young girl is raped by a bisexual man her family knows.

Fify
Rapier108
Dies Irae said:

MemphisAg1 said:

How do you think we got to where we are in a span of 20 years, since homosexuality was decriminalized.
The laws weren't even enforced (the case that resulted in Lawrence v. Texas was an intentional setup with the two guys willing participants in order to get arrested and challenge the law in the federal courts) and none of the laws on the books were capital crimes to begin with.

This country was not founded as medieval Europe with a government based on the damned Spanish Inquisition despite what some of you people want it to be.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.