Trump Says He Will Be Arrested On Tuesday

45,994 Views | 612 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Im Gipper
Gigem314
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Trump broke the Manhattan DA…lol

Ellis Wyatt
justcallmeharry said:

How about that...

Of course we have known that since...2018.
Ellis Wyatt
LMCane said:

This is not good news for Trump
Will you stop? You're acting no differently than Whistle Pig. And that isn't a compliment.
Ellis Wyatt
Whistle Pig said:

agent-maroon said:

Like I posted earlier, Trump called their bluff. They never had a case.

Yeah, that's not what's going on.
Oh? What's going on?

Is Trump colluding with Russians again? Is that what's going on?

To lose credibility, a person has to first have it.
Premium
AG
It took Costello blowing it up with testimony, a week of news agreeing an arrest was about to happen, and a House investigation of funds being used to prosecute political opponents for Bragg to hide behind "but Trump…. muh…. um… Trump… he created False Expectations"
justcallmeharry
S
Ellis Wyatt said:

Of course we have known that since...2018.
Hopefully the grand jury was given this information.
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
Bryanisbest
AG
Act 15: It boomerangs back on their own head every single time.
Gigem314
AG
So to sum this up...

(Trump bad because he says mean things!)

(Stormy again! This time we got him!)

(Wait, the DA is backing down?? No perp walk??)

(This isn't over!!)

(We mean it!)
BMX Bandit
there is no actual evidence the DA is backing down. but you have to hand it to Trump once again. Played the media like a fiddle as he always does.
Irish 2.0
BMX Bandit said:

there is no actual evidence the DA is backing down. but you have to hand it to Trump once again. Played the media like a fiddle as he always does.
Actual evidence; no. But there is no arguing that Costello blew up Braggs' case and now he is scrambling because he can't use anything Cohen says.

Even the CNN, MSNBC, etc. guests that are lawyers are saying Costello blew it apart and if Bragg continues they think he'll face reprimand.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

But there is no arguing that Costello blew up Braggs' case and now he is scrambling because he can't use anything Cohen says.
I don't think this is true. they knew that was the defense for quite some time. They will still use the Cohen testimony.

this is not agreeing with the charges or the way they are handling it. but a prediction on how it plays out.
Irish 2.0
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

But there is no arguing that Costello blew up Braggs' case and now he is scrambling because he can't use anything Cohen says.
I don't think this is true. they knew that was the defense for quite some time. They will still use the Cohen testimony.

this is not agreeing with the charges or the way they are handling it. but a prediction on how it plays out.
Bragg can't use Cohen's testimony. His testimony is entirely tainted based off of Costello's testimony. If they were still going to use Cohen's testimony they would've called him like planned yesterday. There is no case without Cohen and his credibility is completely shot. When an officer of the court in good standing (Costello) calls a disbarred former officer of the court (Cohen) a cumpulsive liar, it kind of matters.
BMX Bandit
I think its a very big deal on credibility. But its an issue they have known existed all along.

Bragg is going to use Cohen's testimony.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Even the CNN, MSNBC, etc. guests that are lawyers re saying Costello blew it apart and if Bragg continues they think he'll face reprimand.
IMO, that's a gray area in general but from what I have read and heard, this is not a case of Costello said versus Cohen said. There are letters and other documents supporting Costello and refuting Cohen's version.

Now would a reasonable lawyer decide using Cohen as a witness gets all of the way to subornation of perjury? Or that Bragg's apparent failure to present exculpatory evidence to the grand jury rise to the level of prosecutorial misconduct? At the moment, that is for the judge overseeing the grand jury to decide.
Gigem314
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Could be. But we've seen this play out before. "Hold on! This time we really got him!"

The fact that Trump is goading them into doing it means he's pretty confident they don't have much, even if the dog and pony show still happens.
Irish 2.0
BMX Bandit said:

I think its a very big deal on credibility. But its an issue they have known existed all along.

If Bragg uses Cohen's testimony, he'll risk disbarment IMO.
BMX Bandit
maybe it should, but I guarantee you it doesn't.
aggiehawg
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

BMX Bandit said:

If Bragg uses Cohen's testimony, he'll risk disbarment IMO.
That is doubtful to me. NY state is still completely controlled by Democrats that support lawfare against selected targets.
Irish 2.0
He *should face disbarment...
Stat Monitor Repairman
What is the difference between an actual arrest of Trump and the virtual reality arrest of Trump that we saw play out in the media for the past 2-weeks?

All the stories have been written. All the speculation has been done. A lot of strokes have been stroked over speculating about photos of Trump in hand cuffs, being fingerprinted and what Trumps mugshot is gonna look like.

Hell, we even had AI renderings of a Trump arrest.

A virtual Trump arrest is as effective as an actual Trump arrest. So 'what difference, at this point, does it make?'
aggiehawg
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

He *should face disbarment...
He hasn't Nifonged yet. This is a sitting grand jury, still in session. He can drop the matter and present no further evidence, nor submit the issue to the GJ for a vote. OR he can present further exculpatory evidence as identified by Mr. Costello.

Nifong took his phony case to trial. There's a big difference.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

So 'what difference, at this point, does it make?'
other than not being arrested?
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

So 'what difference, at this point, does it make?'
other than not being arrested?
But he has been in a lot of minds already. Several times.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
TexAg1987
Trump just turned the tables on them.

Shout the Lie, whisper the retraction.

The DA planned to arrest him and make a big show even if he didn't have much of a case. Even if Trump got off, it would take a long time.

Trump brought it to the attention of everyone and the exculpatory info comes out before he can be indicted therefore knocking the DA off his plan. DA trying to play it off like Trump lied saying he was going to be arrested.
Problem is, no one believes that. DA ran his whole campaign on getting Trump.
FireAg
AG
You wouldn't know good news/bad news for Trump if it sat on your face and wiggled…

You pretty much don't know ****, to be honest…

Trump loves attention…he's getting attention…
Rockdoc
AG
Man Trump knows how to set a hook deep in the lib medias big mouth.
BMX Bandit
he truly is a media master.
Stat Monitor Repairman

I've seen it all now. We've run the full spectrum of all possible scenarios. I'll be shocked if they come up with something that can top this.

Outstanding work by all.
aggiehawg
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

I've seen it all now. We've run the full spectrum of all possible scenarios. I'll be shocked if they come up with something that can top this.

Outstanding work by all.
What happened to that Bragg email to all his employees about "not being intimidated"?
Build It
AG
Wondering how much money he raised after posting about his impending arrest? His fundraising team went into overdrive after that. This guy is a media wizard. How soon everyone forgets.
will25u

Prosperdick
AG
will25u said:

Bragg got caught bragging...how ironic.
MarathonAg12
Did he get arrested today?
techno-ag
AG
Still waiting.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Rockdoc
AG
techno-ag said:

Still waiting.

Wondering why pig disappeared today?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.