Democrats Want a Pay Raise for Federal Works Because of "Suffering" Under Trump

3,712 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Squadron7
cheeky
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In response, I propose laying off 50% of federal workers immediately. That is how business should work when inefficiencies exist, and the Fed is largest domestic employer of a highly unmotivated and under productive workforce.
TexAgs91
AG
So the dems launch seditious / treasonous atta KS against the president and then want to sue him because Orange Man Bad?
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
agracer
AG
Squadron7 said:

Did a single one of them miss a paycheck through any of it?
they got a BONUS during covid lock downs

https://reason.com/2022/06/02/governments-covid-relief-funds-employee-bonuses/

Quote:

Federal funds intended to be used for pandemic relief efforts were used instead to pad the paychecks of government employees from coast to coast.

In San Diego, California, for example, some 9,595 county workers were awarded bonuses funded with more than $27 million in federal COVID aid, according to a Treasury Department program set up to track the $350 billion in pandemic funds distributed to state and local governments as part of the American Rescue Plan. Bonuses of $2,500 were paid to County of San Diego employees working in "detention and medical facilities" and other places where county officials deemed "COVID-19 exposure was more likely." But employees who faced no heightened risk of job-related exposure were rewarded with $1,500 bonuses as well.

In Lexington, Kentucky, public workers deemed to have "held positions and performed duties" that included a "greater risk of contracting COVID-19" were rewarded with $5,000 bonuses, according to the Treasury's records. In the suburbs of Atlanta, more than 4,400 employees of Gwinnett County, Georgia, received temporary raises ranging from 7.5 percent to 15 percent thanks to more than $11 million in federal COVID aid. And more than $13 million in federal aid flowed to 16,000 employees of Cook County, Illinois, who were awarded bonuses up to $3,000 for the work they performed during the pandemic.

agracer
AG
JW said:

front lines. hilarious. if you weren't in a hospital or HEB checkout active war zone, you weren't front lines.
FIFY
Satellite of Love
Wasn't there an analysis that showed that like 25% of federal workers or was it the CDC didn't even log-on during the height of the pandemic?
slaughtr
AG
one safe place said:

lol, they are federal workers and didn't risk anything. Probably spent less time at their place of employment (I avoided saying at work) than any other group of people. They don't deserve an extra dime.
I'm a federal worker and I came to work every damn day throughout the pandemic and lockdowns. Just say'n.
ArbAg
AG
slaughtr said:

one safe place said:

lol, they are federal workers and didn't risk anything. Probably spent less time at their place of employment (I avoided saying at work) than any other group of people. They don't deserve an extra dime.
I'm a federal worker and I came to work every damn day throughout the pandemic and lockdowns. Just say'n.

Yeah, just like the rest us out here in the private sector.
TheEternalPessimist
Rapier108 said:

Quote:

House Democrats proposed legislation this week that would give more than 2 million federal workers an 8.7% pay raise in 2024, a raise they say is needed because they suffered through both the COVID pandemic and the Trump administration.

"For years now, federal employees have risked their health and safety working on the frontlines of this pandemic," said Rep. Gerry Connolly, D-Va., who sponsored the bill. "They were subjected to the Trump Administration's cruel personal attacks, unsafe work environments, pay freezes, government shutdowns, sequestration cuts, furloughs, and mindless across-the-board hiring freezes."

"Still, our federal workforce serves with dedication and distinction every day," he said. "Federal employees are our government's single greatest asset, and they deserve better."
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-propose-8-7-pay-raise-for-federal-workers-to-make-up-for-covid-trump

Federal Workers can get their 8.7% raise when I get mine.

I just got told I could be laid off and that our annual raises will NOT match inflation. Not even half.
--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
Trajan88
AG
"raise they say is needed because they suffered through both the COVID pandemic and the Trump administration."

Suffered through the Trump administration?

Suffered from what exactly? Seeing Trump's photograph as they rolled into their federal office building? Oh the humanity... they've been triggered.

Suffered because of a hiring freezes? Probably mad that they actually had to pick up the slack instead of parsing out work duties to new hires.
AgDad121619
AG
Yes they worked so hard and were on the frontline so much that you couldn't go to any of the offices live. Everything was online and functions that required office visits were on hold. What a joke
APHIS AG
And where were these scumbags when Obama froze federal pay raises for three years.
whoop1995
AG
I own a small service/retail store and it was so weird to be called on the front lines. I was in the military as well. What was even weirder was as my staff called it " we went from "hero's" to zeros real quick". Meaning that the press called us hero's etc and people fell for this stuff to now zeros as covid wore off tempers flare at the smallest thing.

We had a lady doing a return get mad at us because she ordered the wrong size dress and she shouldn't be in our store because it was our fault she ordered the wrong size dress and we were endangering her life.
This happened last week - she was still masked up, phone Saran wrapped, double gloved.

It is so weird and I really now feel sorry for these people.
I collect ticket stubs! looking for a 1944 orange bowl and 1981 independence bowl ticket stub as well as Aggie vs tu stubs - 1926 and below, 1935-1937, 1939-1944, 1946-1948, 1950-1951, 1953, 1956-1957, 1959, 1960, 1963-1966, 1969-1970, 1972-1974, 1978, 1980-1981, 1983-1984, 1990, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010
TheMasterplan
whoop1995 said:

I own a small service/retail store and it was so weird to be called on the front lines. I was in the military as well. What was even weirder was as my staff called it " we went from "hero's" to zeros real quick". Meaning that the press called us hero's etc and people fell for this stuff to now zeros as covid wore off tempers flare at the smallest thing.

We had a lady doing a return get mad at us because she ordered the wrong size dress and she shouldn't be in our store because it was our fault she ordered the wrong size dress and we were endangering her life.
This happened last week - she was still masked up, phone Saran wrapped, double gloved.

Jesus H. Christ. Phone saran wrapped?
EMY92
AG
Would they be willing to fire the work from home federal workers that never logged into their work systems while working from home?

If yes, we may be able to discuss a small increase.
slaughtr
AG
ArbAg said:

slaughtr said:

one safe place said:

Almost everyone I knew in the private sector stayed home during the lockdown. That's why it was called a lockdown.
WaldoWings
ArbAg said:

slaughtr said:

one safe place said:

I believe he is just saying not every one of them just farted around - that he is not lazy or useless and did work every day for his paycheck just like you did. Not all fed employees wanted to or did milk this deal. There are plenty out there that work hard every day. A huge raise for hardships though…. Eh…. that sounds a little ridiculous.
slaughtr
AG
WaldoWings said:

ArbAg said:

slaughtr said:

one safe place said:

I believe he is just saying not every one of them just farted around - that he is not lazy or useless and did work every day for his paycheck just like you did. Not all fed employees wanted to or did milk this deal. There are plenty out there that work hard every day. A huge raise for hardships though…. Eh…. that sounds a little ridiculous.

I'll take a huge raise if offered, but mainly because I make so much less than I would if I was still in the private sector.
B-1 83
AG
Rodney Ruxin said:

****ing joke. A ton of them are already overpaid dead weight with cushy pensions that get away with basically doing nothing all day. Most Americans didn't get a 9% raise to keep up with inflation, but of course they will make sure they ever expanding bureaucracy. It really is gross.
Tell us about these "cushy pensions". The old Civil Service Retirement System ended with employees hired after 1/1/1987. Feds after that pay into social security and a 401k like program similar to the private sector.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
whoop1995
AG
TheMasterplan said:

whoop1995 said:

Jesus H. Christ. Phone saran wrapped?
Funny but not funny thing was that when she was trying to get the code from her phone - her combination of Saran Wrap and double gloves couldn't press the right buttons on the app so she tried to hand me the phone and asked for help. - I didn't want to touch it and politely said I didn't know how to work the app as it was a third party return.
I collect ticket stubs! looking for a 1944 orange bowl and 1981 independence bowl ticket stub as well as Aggie vs tu stubs - 1926 and below, 1935-1937, 1939-1944, 1946-1948, 1950-1951, 1953, 1956-1957, 1959, 1960, 1963-1966, 1969-1970, 1972-1974, 1978, 1980-1981, 1983-1984, 1990, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010
slaughtr
AG
B-1 83 said:

Rodney Ruxin said:

****ing joke. A ton of them are already overpaid dead weight with cushy pensions that get away with basically doing nothing all day. Most Americans didn't get a 9% raise to keep up with inflation, but of course they will make sure they ever expanding bureaucracy. It really is gross.
Tell us about these "cushy pensions". The old Civil Service Retirement System ended with employees hired after 1/1/1987. Feds after that pay into social security and a 401k like program similar to the private sector.
There is still a Federal Pension, it's just much reduced. 1% of your salary X the number of years you work. So even if you make $100,000 per year and work 30 years, your pension is only $30,000 per year. But it's a nice compliment to Social security and your 401K, which you also get.
B-1 83
AG
That's IF you do the full ride to 62, isn't it? If you change jobs you get your 1% back and that's all as I recall. Sort of a "stick around incentive". One thing the old CSRS did was encourage longevity, for better or worse. My base retirement is kissing 80%, and by no longer paying in to CSRS or Thrift Savings anymore, I come out not far from my active duty paycheck.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
slaughtr
AG
You are eligible for the pension after 5 years. If you leave before 62, you can either take a payout or wait till 62 and take it then. The pension annuity is linked to the same COLA adjustments as Social Security.
Squadron7
AG
Related, I think:

Thousands Of Pandemic Unemployment Claims Listed The Names Of Still-Employed Government Workers
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.