Democrats Want a Pay Raise for Federal Works Because of "Suffering" Under Trump

3,658 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Squadron7
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

House Democrats proposed legislation this week that would give more than 2 million federal workers an 8.7% pay raise in 2024, a raise they say is needed because they suffered through both the COVID pandemic and the Trump administration.

"For years now, federal employees have risked their health and safety working on the frontlines of this pandemic," said Rep. Gerry Connolly, D-Va., who sponsored the bill. "They were subjected to the Trump Administration's cruel personal attacks, unsafe work environments, pay freezes, government shutdowns, sequestration cuts, furloughs, and mindless across-the-board hiring freezes."

"Still, our federal workforce serves with dedication and distinction every day," he said. "Federal employees are our government's single greatest asset, and they deserve better."
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-propose-8-7-pay-raise-for-federal-workers-to-make-up-for-covid-trump
Squadron7
AG
Did a single one of them miss a paycheck through any of it?
BQ_90
AG
If this was such a priority then why didn't the POS Dems propose this,when they had control
whoop1995
AG
Squadron7 said:

Not one federal employee, state employee, local govt employee was laid off or lost a paycheck or you would have heard about it through the media.

Offices were shut down but I didn't hear of any lay offs - the 20% of people who lost jobs were from private sector.
I collect ticket stubs! looking for a 1944 orange bowl and 1981 independence bowl ticket stub as well as Aggie vs tu stubs - 1926 and below, 1935-1937, 1939-1944, 1946-1948, 1950-1951, 1953, 1956-1957, 1959, 1960, 1963-1966, 1969-1970, 1972-1974, 1978, 1980-1981, 1983-1984, 1990, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010
I am always wrong
**** the federal government and its useful idiots. Cut all of their pay.
one safe place
lol, they are federal workers and didn't risk anything. Probably spent less time at their place of employment (I avoided saying at work) than any other group of people. They don't deserve an extra dime.
Buying_time
AG
Telework is so hard. D and their perpetual creation of victims were there are none.

GAO report from Feb 2022

https://www.gao.gov/blog/federal-employees-teleworked-more-during-covid-19-what-does-future-work-look

Excerpt

"In our new report, we collected data from 24 major federal agencies to see how telework had changed during COVID-19. All 24 agencies reported a substantial increase in the use of telework. For example, some federal agencies reported that during the pandemic, telework hours comprised more than 80% of total work time. Full-time telework increased during the pandemic as well14 of the agencies we spoke with had at least a quarter of teleworking employees doing so full time."
LatinAggie1997
AG
Morons the majority of them. Wasteful the lot.

Keep getting big colorful multi page pamphlets about government assistance. The same exact pamphlet coming from different departments. I keep getting phone calls from Medicaid.

They want more people using their services to justify hiring more govt workers and raising taxes.

Actual conversation :

G - You might qualify for Medicaid
M -No thanks, don't qualify and don't want. I have had individual insurance or workplace insurance since my mid 20's.. all PPOs.
G - You might still qualify, let me...
M - No no no, thank you. Have a good day, click.
Jock 07
AG
Squadron7 said:

Exactly this. How tone deaf can you be? And this is coming from someone employed by the federal government
ABATTBQ87
AG
I am always wrong said:

Fire them all
aggieforester05
AG
Squadron7 said:

Only the ones who were cruelly discharged from the Military for refusing to submit to the Democrats vax mandate. One of many reasons why Democrats are unAmerican scum bags.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
BQ_90 said:

If this was such a priority then why didn't the POS Dems propose this,when they had control
So the party of evil commie rats can blame the party of spineless go-along-to-get-along'ers.
Picard
AG
Their real suffering is under Bidenflation

Rodney Ruxin
****ing joke. A ton of them are already overpaid dead weight with cushy pensions that get away with basically doing nothing all day. Most Americans didn't get a 9% raise to keep up with inflation, but of course they will make sure they ever expanding bureaucracy. It really is gross.
Squadron7
AG
Dumbass politician wants to give them a raise when what should happen is for an Elon to come in and cut them out like the deadwood they are.
JW
AG
front lines. hilarious. if you weren't in a hospital or HEB checkout, you weren't front lines.
KT 90
AG
Picard said:

Their real suffering is under Bidenflation

#truth
Funky Winkerbean
AG
BQ_90 said:

It's open season on virtue signaling from both parties.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Ummm... No.
Ag87H2O
AG
BQ_90 said:

Spot on. It's Grade A Democrat political pandering. They could have done this at any time over the first two years of the Biden Administration.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Dems are such ****ies
Owlagdad
Buying votes and allegiance to the swamp.
You guys just wait until you go to SS office.
Most post office people can't read.
IRS, FBI - nuff said.
PCC_80
AG
Are they even back in the office yet ? ? ? I could not even get a phone call answered for months in 2020. Screw them all.
Maroon Dawn
AG
1) They didn't risk **** for even 1 day during COVID

2) Dems could have easily done this a year ago but are doing it now purely because they want a headline saying "Heartless Republicans refuse to give hardworking swamp creatures a raise as inflation increases!"
doubledog
ABATTBQ87 said:

I am always wrong said:

Fire them all
No! fire half of them and with the money saved, give the other half a raise.
Win Win
B-1 83
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

I am always wrong said:

Fire them all
Why do you hate the military and Customs/Border Patrol at a time like this?
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
BadMoonRisin
AG
Squadron7 said:

Nope. They had no problem shutting down private business' just weeks after they made a big deal about the government shutdown....somehow other people not getting paid was A-OK. Weird how that works.
aggieforester05
AG
doubledog said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

I am always wrong said:

Fire them all
No! fire half of them and with the money saved, give the other half a raise.
Win Win

Let's start by abolishing the ATF and gutting the FBI. If the latter is going to continue to exist their headquarters should be in a flyover state.
AggieMD95
AG
I propose a pay and hiring freeze for all depts effective immediately
Old Sarge
AG
The Taxpayer will keep the 8.4% raise because we have to suffer the ineptitude and inefficiency of the Federal Government and its workers, and call it even.
RGLAG85
AG
Ag87H2O said:

BQ_90 said:

Spot on. It's Grade A Democrat political pandering. They could have done this at any time over the first two years of the Biden Administration.
Pure and simply a vote buy by the Democrats that they're hoping the Republicans will say no too. They want to play victim that the Republicans don't respect the federal employees.
Central Committee
AG
Suffering?

A lot of federal workers got paid 12-18 months to sit at home and do nothing, as many agencies did not permit work from home. I have never seen an analysis of the percent that were pai for zero work, but there were many non-essential governmental agencies whose employees got an extended free ride.

Also, the 4 1/2 years I worked in DC from 2014 to 2019 one thing I learned was that many government employees were on a 4 day work week, 10 hours a day. Based on the timing of the rush hour commute I doubt that 10 hour day was enforced.

Also, for those who have not spent much time there, when I was in DC, I-66 from the Beltway to downtown was HOV/Toll during rush hours. Not a few lanes - the entire interstate. And the toll was $35 each way.
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
Loyalty
AG
BQ_90 said:

They are simply putting together list of talking points for the next election. "You see what we tried to do for you? Those mean nasty Trumpets shot it down. Vote dem!"
ArbAg
AG
How about firing the most partisan 50% of them, taxpayers will be much happier…
richardag
whoop1995 said:

Squadron7 said:

Not one federal employee, state employee, local govt employee was laid off or lost a paycheck or you would have heard about it through the media.

Offices were shut down but I didn't hear of any lay offs - the 20% of people who lost jobs were from private sector.
It is worse than you state, many federal, state and city workers were laid off or fired because they wouldn't take the "vaccine" for COVID-19.

The Democratic Party leadership is using this as a hammer to beat the conservatives over their heads.

edit spelling
-We understand why children are afraid of darkness ... but why are men afraid of light?
Plato
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.