Trans Skater at European Figure Skating Championships

5,222 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bubblez
Bubblez
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This was just an opening ceremonies exhibition, not the actual competition
TXAGFAN
AG
One Louder said:

TXAGFAN said:

Surely we can agree a trans woman has no advantage over cis women in figure skating though, right?

Only by virtue of their social status. Apparently, this abomination was worthy of marks that led to a second-place finish. No one in their right mind can objectively call that skating graceful or even adequate.
Thats not true re: 2nd place finish. If it is post a link/source. Not everything you see on internet is true.
BadMoonRisin
AG
He looks like he's wearing glasses that he stole from a librarian. Who the **** wears glasses when they are figure skating?

Basically someone who learned about the sport 15 minutes before they were thrown on the ice to be the "first something".
Bondag
AG
I have been ice skating once in my life, and I can skate better than that. How did they even get to that point? Did no one else try?
japantiger
S
Blades of Glory was a documentary
“It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.”
Joseph Heller, Catch 22
DannyDuberstein
AG
It's basically George Costanza in a dress.
one safe place
Do they have a mercy rule in ice skating?
pdc093
I don't know. That foot work in the beginning was pretty impressive ....

One Louder
AG
TXAGFAN said:

One Louder said:

TXAGFAN said:

Surely we can agree a trans woman has no advantage over cis women in figure skating though, right?

Only by virtue of their social status. Apparently, this abomination was worthy of marks that led to a second-place finish. No one in their right mind can objectively call that skating graceful or even adequate.
Thats not true re: 2nd place finish. If it is post a link/source. Not everything you see on internet is true.

Ehhh...I saw it in one of the related links. It's stupid that this person was even allowed to compete. I think we can agree on that. Just being subject to a trendy mental illness shouldn't make you qualified to compete at that level.
BadMoonRisin
AG

Same vibe
TXAGFAN
AG
One Louder said:

TXAGFAN said:

One Louder said:

TXAGFAN said:

Ehhh...I saw it in one of the related links. It's stupid that this person was even allowed to compete. I think we can agree on that. Just being subject to a trendy mental illness shouldn't make you qualified to compete at that level.
A tweet is not a related link and same issues, but anyways…feelings over facts!
APHIS AG
MuchosPollos said:

Tramp96 said:

Mental illness on display.

From article

A 59-year-old male Finnish farmer, Markku-Pekka Antikainen, took up figure skating at age 50, declared himself trans, and has now performed under the female name "Minna-Maaria" at the opening ceremony of the European Figure Skating Championship. Finland was proud to announce that they would be including the world's "first trans figure skater" at the proceedings, only to discover Markku could not skate.

Previous warnings that the trans "athlete" may not be qualified for the event were present, but strangely, ignored.

Markku has competed before with similar results. However, he received higher marks from judges for his routines anyway, likely due to his trans status. Take a look at this routine, in which Markku dresses up as a Gisha, stumbles about and yet still gets a 2nd place score:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/inexperienced-trans-figure-skater-performs-european-championship-hilarious-results

I'm starting to think he's not the mentally ill one……
The ones I feel sorry for are the women that lose not to the competition but to "wokeness".

The only people that can stop this nonsense are the women themselves.
fullback44
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Lol wtf?!?

It's like something out of a South Park episode.

I fell out of my recliner watching that .. WTF is going on here ?
One Louder
AG
TXAGFAN said:

One Louder said:

TXAGFAN said:

One Louder said:

TXAGFAN said:

A tweet is not a related link and same issues, but anyways…feelings over facts!

That's rich coming from you. If "feelings over facts" wasn't a thing, the democrats would have no platform.

Bottom line...do you think this person deserves to compete with skaters who are much more elite? If so, why? Because feelings?
Rex Racer
AG
The girl carrying the flag that helped him up can skate a LOT better than him!
AgBQ-00
AG
Easy 8 said:

Surprised they didn't let him just hang on to the wall all the way around the rink.
88planoAg
AG
TXAGFAN said:

One Louder said:

TXAGFAN said:

Here is the link with the mention of 2nd place:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/inexperienced-trans-figure-skater-performs-european-championship-hilarious-results

Quote:

However, he received higher marks from judges for his routines anyway, likely due to his trans status. Take a look at this routine, in which Markku dresses up as a Gisha, stumbles about and yet still gets a 2nd place score:

But I'm. guessing that this has to do with the competition order - he went second and was therefore 'in second place' with an abysmal score.

The exhibition that is in the OP was one 'celebrating diversity' - I don't think he competed, based on the tweet convo I read.

But he has competed before. Who knows if because he was allowed he bumped other more qualified women from the competition. Impossible to know as most of the coverage is in Finnish.
LMCane
A_Gang_Ag_06 said:

Because I honestly can't tell anymore, was that satire?

Immediately thought of…

all of American and western society has turned to satire in the last decade
RGLAG85
AG
TXAGFAN said:

Surely we can agree a fake trans woman has no advantage over real women in figure skating though, right?

FIFY
spider96
AG
Bubblez said:

Well, that certainly makes it ok then.
redcrayon
AG
TXAGFAN said:

One Louder said:

TXAGFAN said:

You sure about that?
notex
AG
I feel bad for the clown trying to skate and pretend he's a she in the OP. Wow.
Bubblez
spider96 said:

Bubblez said:

Well, that certainly makes it ok then.
I've seen some poor opening ceremonies acts at the Olympics and other sporting events. This was nothing more than that.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.