New York Rangers pull "Pride" jerseys

2,960 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Loyalty
Kashchei
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

After previously advertising they would wear LGBTQ+-themed warmup jerseys and use rainbow tape for their seventh annual Pride Night, New York Rangers players reversed course.
-
When asked why they ditched the jerseys, the Rangers gave Fox News Media the following statement:

"Our organization respects the LGBTQ+ community, and we are proud to bring attention to important local community organizations as part of another great Pride Night. In keeping with our organization's core values, we support everyone's individual right to respectfully express their beliefs."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nyc-pride-organization-says-rangers-last-minute-decision-ditch-lbgtq-jerseys-major-disappointment

First Ivan Provorov and now this. Guess there isn't as much support for this perverse virtue signaling **** as people thought.
torrid
AG
How can I signal I'm sick of virtue signalling?
JohnLA762
AG
torrid said:

How can I signal I'm sick of virtue signalling?

Easy:

AGHouston11
AG
People kept supporting so they just didn't care and still don't
whoop1995
AG
So these guys are upset that their logo wasn't displayed during the game on jerseys and on sticks?

How much did they pay for that to happen? I would bet zero

I am sure Coca Cola or any company would be drooling to have their logo on jerseys and sticks and would be shocked at what the rangers would charge them after they are told no about a thousand times,

Put some money in the game and then you can be upset as a true sponsor would be.
I collect ticket stubs! looking for a 1944 orange bowl and 1981 independence bowl ticket stub as well as Aggie vs tu stubs - 1926 and below, 1935-1937, 1939-1944, 1946-1948, 1950-1951, 1953, 1956-1957, 1959, 1960, 1963-1966, 1969-1970, 1972-1974, 1978, 1980-1981, 1983-1984, 1990, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010
TheCurl84
AG
Wonder if the NHL media mob will vent their spleens again?
Kashchei
AG
Well r/hockey is melting down again and it is glorious
WestTexasAg
AG
More and more signs that people of tired of hearing about this ***** They can live their lives however they want, but we shouldn't be asked to celebrate their choice.
File5
AG
Reading that reddit is both encouraging and depressing. Encouraging that there are people on these athletic teams that have had enough of being used as pawns in blatant social engineering, and depressed because there are absolutely people who think that tolerance and inclusion means rooting out everyone with heterodox beliefs. What happened to the two things you profess??? There is no argument, just emotion. On the one hand it's easy to see why all these people are crazy and thus use them as examples of how not to be - on the other hand they wield an obscene amount of power. Our world is so strange. What the heck happened to the grown ups?
B-1 83
AG
Uh oh…….

Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Kenneth_2003
AG
Kashchei said:

Well r/hockey is melting down again and it is glorious
Oh no! Not r/hockey! Whatever will we do if r/ is upset!

Pretty sure Reddit is the primary testing ground for AI. If you thought Twitter was full of bots, there's no way Reddit doesn't beat that by an order of magnitude!
DannyDuberstein
AG
Good. Quit putting other people on the spot to do your perverted virtue signaling. It's pathetic and cowardly
Loyalty
AG
Kashchei said:

Quote:

After previously advertising they would wear LGBTQ+-themed warmup jerseys and use rainbow tape for their seventh annual Pride Night, New York Rangers players reversed course.
-
When asked why they ditched the jerseys, the Rangers gave Fox News Media the following statement:

"Our organization respects the LGBTQ+ community, and we are proud to bring attention to important local community organizations as part of another great Pride Night. In keeping with our organization's core values, we support everyone's individual right to respectfully express their beliefs."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nyc-pride-organization-says-rangers-last-minute-decision-ditch-lbgtq-jerseys-major-disappointment

First Ivan Provorov and now this. Guess there isn't as much support for this perverse virtue signaling **** as people thought.

Freedom!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.