50% of liberal women (self-identifying) have a mental health issue

5,289 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bill Clinternet
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I, for one, am shocked.

Quote:

Interestingly enough, the study, which is titled Pew American Trends Panel: Wave 64, was dated March 2020 over a year ago. Yet it took a Ph.D. candidate in political science posting about the study on Twitter for it to garner even a smidge of attention. He clarifies that the "Pew panel survey included the negative mental health symptoms battery in a subsequent wave (1 month later)."

The study, which examined white liberals, moderates, and conservatives, both male and female, found that conservatives were far less likely to be diagnosed with mental health issues than those who identified as either liberal or even "very liberal." What's more, white women suffered the worst of all. White women, ages 18-29, who identified as liberal were given a mental health diagnosis from medical professionals at a rate of 56.3%, as compared to 28.4% in moderates and 27.3% in conservatives.
Ok, no, not really. I don't mean to express bigotry toward my fellow caucasians, but white liberals are nuts most of the time, imho.
Quote:

Dr. Lyle Rossiter, a board-certified psychiatrist who's treated mental disorders for over 30 years, agrees and adds that white liberalism thrives on supposedly championing "workers," "minorities," "the little guy," "women," and the "unemployed," who they continuously see as "wronged, cheated, oppressed, disenfranchised, exploited, and victimized" with little to no agency of their own (A view that often mutates into the infantilizing and patronizing of certain groups within a narrative).

The people responsible for these crimes? As Rossiter tells it: "poverty, disease, war, ignorance, unemployment, racial prejudice, ethnic and gender discrimination, modern technology, capitalism, globalization, and imperialism. In the radical liberal mind, this suffering is inflicted on the innocent by various predators and persecutors: 'Big Business,' 'Big Corporations,' 'greedy capitalists,' 'U.S. Imperialists,' 'the oppressors,' 'the rich,' 'the wealthy,' 'the powerful,' and 'the selfish'."

That's pretty much an exhaustive list of every grievance and every perpetrator that progressives see as responsible for these injustices which plague our disenfranchised communities while moderates and conservatives seemingly sit idly by unconcerned with anything but their own privilege.

But as the study exemplifies, the champions of these causes (white women in particular) aren't exactly living the liberated utopia they believe we all should be living.
It's good to see this studied/discussed publicly, imho. More at the link/twitter threads, fyi.
Teslag
AG
It all goes back to the hot/crazy scale. Probably why always know what some feminist author looks like before I even see her picture.
DrEvazanPhD
Only 50%?

AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

Only 50%?

And "a mental disorder?" (Singular?)
Funky Winkerbean
AG
The ideology itself is an illness.
Ol Rock
AG
50% of liberal women that sounds way too low, maybe even conservative.

Liberal women believe:
- Killing their babies will bring happiness
- Being subject to a boss at work is better than being a spouse at home
- You can be a carousel rider in your 20s with no consequences
- They done need men in the world men built and sustain
- Husbands who love them are useless but bureaucrats who don't know their name will solve their problems
- oil is bad but electricity from coal they can't see is good
- struggle with math and simple logic
- we should believe all women, but can't define woman
- that a man can give birth
- feminism is good, until the bill comes due
Yesterday
AG
That's only 50% off the true mark.
Bonfire1996
AG
50% of women have a mental disorder

Here are the results of my compliment study: 50% of women don't understand basic economics

See: voting statistics in white, upper middle class suburbs for women
Rydyn
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

100% of women have a mental disorder
FIFY. We could just stop there...
Kenneth_2003
AG
In the simplest terms this should come as little surprise.

Conservative views revolve around a focus on the individual and one's own capabilities, ones goals, and aspirations. Goal setting is a healthy mindset, and the achievement of goals is also good for ones mental status.

Today's liberal on the other hand is focused on the collective and others. The foundational elements are a sense of entitlement and comparison, to others. Entitlement leads to the need for instant gratification. If someone else has something, then I deserve it too and I deserve it now! The inability to keep up with every single Jones' is incredibly unhealthy. The idea that this can lead to crippling depression is unsurprising.
Krazykat
AG
Liberalism is a mental illness. It would be 100%.
Tone2002
Just liberal??? How about all women.
La Bamba
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

Only 50%?

This was my first thought.
Ag87H2O
AG
Blaming society for all the problems without a hint of regard for personal responsibility. It's a recipe for a miserable life.

Sad thing is that these same people get to vote. These folks are a Democrat's dream. It's no wonder we are where we are.
CDUB98
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

Only 50%?

Definitely would have expected close to 90%.
YouBet
AG
Quote:

while moderates and conservatives seemingly sit idly by unconcerned with anything but their own privilege.

While also being the ones doing the most charitable work and giving. If we all adopted this mindset, this country would be so much better.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
that why i just don't believe there can be reconciliation with these people. they are quantifiably insane. how do you come back to the same page with people who actually think you can fuel a car with pink unicorn farts. or that a man can have a period. there just isn't a middle ground.
misterguinness
AG
Social Media is brainwashing. You listen to lies long enough, you start to believe them.
2+2=5
JohnLA762
AG
To be fair, it's 50% of self identifying liberal women. Hell 30% of liberal women identify as a cat, right? They would be excluded from this figure.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
Get Off My Lawn
Modern leftism is a religion which seeks to replace God with humanism and government.

You cannot remove God without also removing absolute truth, universal morality, and personal purpose. You are left with nihilism as the only logical foundation and hedonism as the only reasonable behavior pattern.

On that foundation, I don't know how a person DOESN'T develop depression and anxiety.

You cannot cultivate a healthy mind off of a paradigm of meaninglessness.
TRADUCTOR
40.5MM*
fixer
nortex97 said:

I, for one, am shocked.

Quote:

Interestingly enough, the study, which is titled Pew American Trends Panel: Wave 64, was dated March 2020 over a year ago. Yet it took a Ph.D. candidate in political science posting about the study on Twitter for it to garner even a smidge of attention. He clarifies that the "Pew panel survey included the negative mental health symptoms battery in a subsequent wave (1 month later)."

The study, which examined white liberals, moderates, and conservatives, both male and female, found that conservatives were far less likely to be diagnosed with mental health issues than those who identified as either liberal or even "very liberal." What's more, white women suffered the worst of all. White women, ages 18-29, who identified as liberal were given a mental health diagnosis from medical professionals at a rate of 56.3%, as compared to 28.4% in moderates and 27.3% in conservatives.
Ok, no, not really. I don't mean to express bigotry toward my fellow caucasians, but white liberals are nuts most of the time, imho.
Quote:

Dr. Lyle Rossiter, a board-certified psychiatrist who's treated mental disorders for over 30 years, agrees and adds that white liberalism thrives on supposedly championing "workers," "minorities," "the little guy," "women," and the "unemployed," who they continuously see as "wronged, cheated, oppressed, disenfranchised, exploited, and victimized" with little to no agency of their own (A view that often mutates into the infantilizing and patronizing of certain groups within a narrative).

The people responsible for these crimes? As Rossiter tells it: "poverty, disease, war, ignorance, unemployment, racial prejudice, ethnic and gender discrimination, modern technology, capitalism, globalization, and imperialism. In the radical liberal mind, this suffering is inflicted on the innocent by various predators and persecutors: 'Big Business,' 'Big Corporations,' 'greedy capitalists,' 'U.S. Imperialists,' 'the oppressors,' 'the rich,' 'the wealthy,' 'the powerful,' and 'the selfish'."

That's pretty much an exhaustive list of every grievance and every perpetrator that progressives see as responsible for these injustices which plague our disenfranchised communities while moderates and conservatives seemingly sit idly by unconcerned with anything but their own privilege.

But as the study exemplifies, the champions of these causes (white women in particular) aren't exactly living the liberated utopia they believe we all should be living.
It's good to see this studied/discussed publicly, imho. More at the link/twitter threads, fyi.
I call this " no **** sherlock" territory.
TefIon Don
AG
[When you call out and attack other posters, you will get an automatic ban. Continue and they'll increase in length -- Staff]
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I mean... just to play devil's advocate... we're talking liberals here... are we sure this number is correct? I mean, they don't exactly know what a woman is....
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
dreyOO
DrEvazanPhD said:

Only 50%?

I think about college days. The other 50% are just trying to fit and go with the flow. Putting little thought into it.

So you have a perfect balance of ignorance and crazy. Sums up the libs perfectly.
one safe place
Have six girl cousins on the left coast and my wife has a sister and her two daughters (with their families) on the right coast. 100% liberal and 100% messed up in the head. Christmas before last, the east coast bunch had their Christmas meal outside and did not sit across from each other for fear the wind would blow germs from one side of the table to the other.
jokershady
AG
rocky the dog said:

me: *laughing at picture*

wife: what's so funny?

me: nothing….not a dang thing….
PCC_80
AG
I think that 50% crazy is about right.

I believe that the other 50% of Lib women are just completely convinced that they are right in their opinions or that they really care about others more than conservatives. They generally refuse to listen to or consider facts that contradict their views/opinions. They will actually reject math, science and economics that go against their ideology. That 50% is just closed minded.
IndividualFreedom
Quote:

It all goes back to the hot/crazy scale.
I mentioned this in another thread. The hot/crazy scale needs to be revamped/updated. The same fella needs to revisit his work by introducing politics into it.
nortex97
AG

Case in point. Sad.
Squadron7
AG
nortex97 said:

Case in point. Sad.

Lemme guess…..the one with the bullhorn is on a sex strike to protest the patriarchy.
TexAg1987
The interesting number would be how many people with mental disorders identify as liberal?

70-80%? Higher?
Smeghead4761
DrEvazanPhD said:

Only 50%?

Liberalism is a mental disorder, except they don't qualify it as such.
nortex97
AG
Agreed. Here's, politically speaking, a 'liberal' woman of higher political rank than any other in the US presently, the First Lady of the US, who got an ED.D degree specifically so people could address her as a titled person as she was jealous of her husband being addressed as "Senator" at the time (by her own accord), still demanding people call her a doctor today;

Quote:

Yes, let's start with the principle that if you have earned an Ed.D., you have a "doctorate." Even if you have a poorly written, inconsequential mess of a position paper that earned you that degree from a school connected to your husband.

But normally outside of academia, it was considered pretentious to insist on people calling you "Dr." and that's what I think Kelly is saying there.

The funny thing about this is that it was the general policy of much of the media in the past not to refer to anyone even with a Ph.D. as a "Dr.," much less an Ed.D. That was reserved for medical doctors, dentists, and the like.

As the Los Angeles Times wrote back in 2009 when they were writing about Jill Biden (but could still be
honest about her and Joe):
Quote:

Newspapers, including The Times, generally do not use the honorific "Dr." unless the person in question has a medical degree.

"My feeling is if you can't heal the sick, we don't call you doctor," said Bill Walsh, copy desk chief for the Washington Post's A section and the author of two language books.
As the Times noted, they wrote how Joe said Jill wanted to get the doctorate because she felt she was "second-class" when the mail was addressed to "Sen. and Mrs. Biden." That says so much about her right there. It wasn't to achieve more in her field, it was to ease her psyche about feeling inferior. Which is why she wants everyone to call her the title now.

But folks on the left and in liberal media flipped out at Kelly for daring to question the edict to call Jill Biden "Dr." Many responses revealed the problem they didn't even understand what degree Jill had, with most claiming she had earned a Ph.D., which would require far more research scholarship than what she did for her degree.
And yet our 'media' and liberals wide and far insist on pretending this is all a-ok/normal. She wrote these words to get her doctorate in education when she was 56, for goodness sakes.

Quote:

"The needs of the student population are often undeserved, resulting in a student drop-out rate of almost one third." Were their needs "undeserved" or did she mean "underserved," as I suspect?

Then there were some other fun ones: "Three quarters of the class will be Caucasian; one quarter of the class will be African American; one seat will hold a Latino; and the remaining seats will be filled with students of Asian descent or non-resident aliens." How many quarters is that, Dr. Biden?
That she is (and has been) mentally deficient is clear, and that's not simply to be blamed on her chromosomal content, but it's an exemplification of liberal women, imho. This woman is largely serving as POTUS.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.