Trans "woman" gets woman fired for wrong think

7,319 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by annie88
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Video game company fires employee because she follows conservative Twitter accounts | Daily Mail Online
Quote:

A woman fired from a video game company for following conservative accounts on Twitter believes a trans activist complained about her because she voiced excitement over a new Harry Potter game.

Kara Lynne was 'terminated' by Limited Run Games hours after activist Jessica Blank, a trans woman, who uses the pseudonym Purple Tinker, publicly accused Lynne of being 'a transphobe who follows a veritable who's who of right-wing transphobic creeps'.

Blank shared screenshots of accounts followed by Lynne and said she would stop shopping with Limited Run games until Lynne, who was the company's community manager, was fired.

Quote:

Lynne believes the complaint was triggered because she tweeted her excitement about the release of a new Harry Potter-themed video game, which some people have threatened to boycott because of JK Rowling's views about trans issues.

Blank tweeted Limited Run Games on January 6 complaining that Lynne's 'transphobic follows' included Libs of TikTok, which shares videos made by liberal social media users, YouTuber Blaire White and right-wing commentator Ian Miles Cheung.

Quote:

Lynne released a statement on Sunday which said she was fired in a call on January 6, the same day Blank tweeted her complaints.

Lynne said: 'In that call, I will say that there were a lot of emotions. I could tell they didn't want to do what they were doing and even said they didn't want to. They were being pressured from elsewhere.

'From what I was told there were no other options presented. But they are providing me with a decent severance and letting me keep my health insurance for a couple more months.

'I had never been written up or reprimanded. I had never abused my power or personal opinions on the various social channels. I even refrained from commenting or interacting with any political content or controversial topics on my personal social media accounts.

'This one isolated incident was apparently all it took. At least that is what I have been led to believe. If there was another reason, I was not informed.
NEVER give into the left, especially these freaks, because it only emboldens them.
Ellis Wyatt
The left are the fascists.
Dimebag Darrell
Keep stacking G&A
BadMoonRisin
AG

dude looks like Eric Wereheim.
MGS
"inclusive"
K2Ag97
"inclusive"

great minds think alike, MGS.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
BadMoonRisin said:

dude looks like Eric Wereheim.

So true.
BadMoonRisin
AG
So this person didnt even work there? It was some random person on twitter dug in and screen capped some of the people that this person followed on twitter and that was enough to get her fired?

These people need to be told to ef off.
Clown_World
That "woman" has more balls than the company…
AgNav93
AG
The hormones ain't working on that dude. Good lord.
Street Fighter
AG
I doubt that individual has ever bought any of their games. Any normal person that does should stop.
batchuser
Limited run is a fraudulent company. Hopefully they crumble under a mountain of lawsuits
javajaws
AG
Its pathetic all the whining the leftists are doing over this new Potter game. Rowling isn't even involved in the game and the game itself doesn't have ANYTHING to do with trans life at all - yet everywhere you see comments about Rowling's stance (taken from her comments over the years) and their **** just keeps rolling downhill from there. Complete lunacy to have to make everything about them.

Edit to clarify: The game in question isn't even developed by the company in question here....making it even more silly/woke.
aezmvp
CoachO_08 said:

That "woman" has more balls than the company…
Mostly other peoples kids balls but w/e.
Icecream_Ag
S
Gamers have been canceling orders and demanding refunds since this came out. LRG was originally denying all requests but I think they started giving refunds after that piece of news hit the internet.

And look at the ceo of LRG, he's a flaming leftist
Icecream_Ag
S
javajaws said:

Its pathetic all the whining the leftists are doing over this new Potter game. Rowling isn't even involved in the game and the game itself doesn't have ANYTHING to do with trans life at all - yet everywhere you see comments about Rowling's stance (taken from her comments over the years) and their **** just keeps rolling downhill from there. Complete lunacy to have to make everything about them.

Edit to clarify: The game in question isn't even developed by the company in question here....making it even more silly/woke.
it's also the best selling game on steam, Xbox, and Playstation and it's still a preorder
BMX Bandit

They just want to be left alone and live their lives.

frenchtoast
I hope she can get another job. I imagine a lot of tech companies wouldn't want to take on that risk.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
I never got into Harry Potter but a ton of people love it. If there is something that people love, the left will ruin it. They are just miserable people.
hunter2012
AG
frenchtoast said:

I hope she can get another job. I imagine a lot of tech companies wouldn't want to take on that risk.
Taking on the risk of someone who follows right wing twitter accounts? That's practically riverboat gambling.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Her responses were all super mature, too. Basically said that yeah it sucks that this happened, and that she wishes the person complaining would've spoken to her directly instead of complaining on social media. Also said she doesn't have issues with LGBT community, it only makes her mad when children are at risk.

She'll get picked up by a better company quick.
itsyourboypookie
Also trans woman

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Seems to be a lot of people taking Umbridge with this.
rwtxag83
AG
itsyourboypookie said:

Also trans woman

JEEZ!!
Greater love hath no man than this....
DannyDuberstein
AG
I like video games where men like women and women like men
BaileyAg
AG
Kill it with fire.
Oof
frenchtoast
hunter2012 said:

frenchtoast said:

Taking on the risk of someone who follows right wing twitter accounts? That's practically riverboat gambling.
You never know these days.
YouBet
AG
I don't know who Limited Run games is (will have to check my library just in case) but they just lost me as a future customer.
hunter2012
AG
frenchtoast said:

hunter2012 said:

frenchtoast said:

You never know these days.
New phrase, this isn't wrong-think, it's wrong-following. I really wish she would sue for a whole bunch of money. Any company that folds like this to the mob should be driven out of business.
Texmid
AG
YouBet said:

I don't know who Limited Run games is (will have to check my library just in case) but they just lost me as a future customer.
I hope they have a limited run after this.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Which it shouldn't need to be pointed out that following doesn't mean you support or agree. I may follow Biden just because I like to see pure idiocy on display
agdoc2001
AG
YouBet said:

They aren't a real video game company. They take digital-only games someone else made and release a limited batch of them on physical media.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Urban Ag
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

I never got into Harry Potter but a ton of people love it. If there is something that people love, the left will ruin it. They are just miserable people.
I have read all the books because frankly, they are great books and Rowling can world build like few others in literary history (Maybe GRRM or Tolkien). My wife is a middle school librarian and HP books and such are still the rage with that age bracket (and the last book was released almost 16 years ago).

I've come to the conclusion that Rowling's stance on trans issues (which is hardly offensive or remotely controversial to reasonable people) was simply the inroad the far left found to tear down this franchise. If you read the books and/or watch the movies there is some very simple and wonderful messaging clearly on display. History and traditions matter. Loyalty and sacrifice matter. Family is everything.

No wonder leftists hate it.
AggieVictor10
AG
Outrageous.
Less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real.
C@LAg
agdoc2001 said:

YouBet said:

They aren't a real video game company. They take digital-only games someone else made and release a limited batch of them on physical media.
my Steam megacollection is safe.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.