Kevin McCarthy has won me over. Extremely impressive.

6,703 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by deddog
2012heisman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Malibu
Bravo Mister Speaker, well answered.
Ag87H2O
AG
That is the most coherent, concise, articulate statement from a Republican Speaker in a long time. Maybe since Gingrich. Glad McCarthy is sticking to his word.
TheEternalPessimist
Gaetz did what he needed to do.

Good job pulling Mac into being accountable and actually going after the Dems.
VaultingChemist
AG
Schiff and Swallwell should be censured or indicted for their despicable conduct towards other congressmen and the president.

And the voters who re-elected them should be ridiculed.
C@LAg
McCarthy bombs reporter from Moon.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3357894
HollywoodBQ
AG
VaultingChemist said:

Schiff and Swallwell should be censured or indicted for their despicable conduct towards other congressmen and the president.

And the voters who re-elected them should be ridiculed.
Tragically, 71% of my neighbors voted to re-elect Schiff.

They should be far more than just ridiculed.
Sam and Dean
AG
2012heisman said:

I seldom have listened to an entire clip by McCarthy, but this one was well worth it. Mr. Speaker, if you have more of that in you somewhere, keep going.
"I am besieged, by a thousand or more of the Mexicans under Santa Anna...I shall never surrender or retreat."
Noblemen06
AG
More of this, please!
mslags97
AG
Damn impressive.
aggiedent
AG
I'm assuming you didn't listen to the whole thing before you decided to make a snarky post. If you had, you would have realized he DID do something.

He stopped Schiff and Swalwell from serving on intelligence committees.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Ag87H2O said:

That is the most coherent, concise, articulate statement from a Republican Speaker in a long time. Maybe since Gingrich. Glad McCarthy is sticking to his word.

Could not read your first sentence without it sounding like the Judge from My Cousin Vinny. Yes I'm juvenile…..
RGLAG85
AG
aggiedent said:

I'm assuming you didn't listen to the whole thing before you decided to make a snarky post. If you had, you would have realized he DID do something.

He stopped Schiff and Swalwell from serving on intelligence committees.
Until the dems take the house back. They need to be investigated and prosecuted if possible, and continually ridiculed if nothing else.
Im Gipper
Good FIRST step. HE needs to be A LOT more.

I'm Gipper
PA24
AG
what a about the other idiots who work in that government building?
Franklin Comes Alive!
This all theater

He's rino trash
BlueSmoke
FrioAg 00
AG
Who is and who isn't a rhino is pretty difficult to determine these days, honestly. I've been fooled a few times.

Regardless, that response was great.
Jeeper79
AG
But the press DOES get to determine if he's answered a question. He may decide not to answer it, but that doesn't mean it's answered.

He's not admonishing press behavior, here. He's simply announcing that he'll only cooperate with the press when he feels like it.

His supporters will like that. His non-supporters won't. But this smells like dodging accountability.
IndividualFreedom
Just wait for the spending cuts.
fka ftc
Jeeper79 said:

But the press DOES get to determine if he's answered a question. He may decide not to answer it, but that doesn't mean it's answered.

He's not admonishing press behavior, here. He's simply announcing that he'll only cooperate with the press when he feels like it.

His supporters will like that. His non-supporters won't. But this smells like dodging accountability.

"But this smells like dodging accountability"… if that is really the case, what does KJP and the Biden admin smell like? It ain't roses.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Jeeper79 said:

Good grief.
Martin Cash
AG
Jeeper79 said:

There must have been another clip on here that got deleted.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
aggiedent
AG
"But the press DOES get to determine if he's answered a question. He may decide not to answer it, but that doesn't mean it's answered.

His supporters will like that. His non-supporters won't. But this smells like dodging accountability."

Did you listen to the whole video? He did answer her question. He directly told her that Schiff and Swalwell would be on some committees, but why they would NOT be on intelligence committees. Referencing things like FBI reports.

Jeez……. Do people read and listen before they start tying stuff.
Jeeper79
AG
fka ftc said:

Jeeper79 said:

"But this smells like dodging accountability"… if that is really the case, what does KJP and the Biden admin smell like? It ain't roses.

It happens on both sides. If everything were on the up and up, there's be no questions to dodge. But if you've done something wrong, own it. And if you're doing something you know Americans won't like, either stop it or be ready to own that, too.
Jeeper79
AG
Jeeper79 said:

fka ftc said:

Jeeper79 said:

It happens on both sides. If everything were on the up and up, there's be no questions to dodge. But if you've done something wrong, own it. And if you're doing something you know Americans won't like, either stop it or be ready to own that, too.

The follow up…

I think very few politicians in this country (few enough that I can't think of any) can safely say they're working for everybody. Usually, they're working for their voters at the expense of the people that didn't vote for them.

When a politician dodges a question, they're reaffirming that hypothesis. Other wise, they'd have nothing to spin, deny, downplay, or hide.
fka ftc
Jeeper79 said:

Jeeper79 said:

fka ftc said:

Jeeper79 said:

The follow up…

I think very few politicians in this country (few enough that I can't think of any) can safely say they're working for everybody. Usually, they're working for their voters at the expense of the people that didn't vote for them.

When a politician dodges a question, they're reaffirming that hypothesis. Other wise, they'd have nothing to spin, deny, downplay, or hide.

So KLJP lying through her teeth on a daily basis reflecting the ever growing lists of lies and gaslighting by her boss is all okay because they are just representing what 81 million ballots wanted?

You would have done marginally better without "the follow up".
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
BboroAg
AG
If my comments/replies are worthy of deletion then the replies to my comments should be deleted as well….try to be consistent
Jeeper79
AG
fka ftc said:

Jeeper79 said:

Jeeper79 said:

fka ftc said:

Jeeper79 said:

The follow up…

So KLJP lying through her teeth on a daily basis reflecting the ever growing lists of lies and gaslighting by her boss is all okay because they are just representing what 81 million ballots wanted?

You would have done marginally better without "the follow up".

You missed my point, didn't you? Did I not say I t runs both ways? But go ahead and be mad.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Jeeper79 said:

fka ftc said:

Jeeper79 said:

Serious question...what are you talking about?
fka ftc
They have no idea that why their argument has reduced to whataboutism and "both sides do it" to justify their disgusting behavior.

In reality, Kayleigh and Sarah Sanders had to use the pulpit to combat MSM misinformation. It's not the same for both sides, its actually completely opposite.

Jeeper79
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Jeeper79 said:

fka ftc said:

Jeeper79 said:

If people like McCarthy (or virtually any politician) would stop doing things that about half the country (or more) doesn't like, they wouldn't have to dodge the questions they get from the media about them.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Jeeper79 said:

Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Jeeper79 said:

fka ftc said:

Jeeper79 said:

If people like McCarthy (or virtually any politician) would stop doing things that about half the country (or more) doesn't like, they wouldn't have to dodge the questions they get from the media about them.

OK. What did McCarthy, in this example, do that people didn't like?

And don't assume some screeching MSM reporter = "half the country (or more)".
TequilaMockingbird
Good McCarthy.
aggiedent
AG
"If my comments/replies are worthy of deletion then the replies to my comments should be deleted as well….try to be consistent."

Why are you directing this toward me? I didn't delete your post, nor did I flag it. Take it up with staff. And if you don't want your posts deleted, don't say ridiculously uniformed things.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.