Do you agree with this statement from my black conservative neighbor down the street?

5,756 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by sts7049
2012heisman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He looked at my house with a Abbott sign from down the street and told me the following statement while walking his dog in October 2022:

"Every Black American's net worth would be 3 times greater than what it is right now if Thomas Sowell was President of the United States in the 60s instead of LBJ. He also said LBJ was more harmful for Black Americans than Hitler was for Jews in Europe."

Keep in mind this guy told me he keeps a Daniel Defense in every room of his house, he voted for Don Huffines in the primaries, went to UT Law, and works in Oil and Gas Law.

Nevertheless, it is good to see that some people understand the harm that LBJ's Great Society did.

Edit: He also told me to read Shelby Steele
nortex97
AG
Lost me at sip law. Vile scum. Weird, everything else about him sounds pretty cool.
jrdaustin
AG
I'm not a fan of LBJ, but I never came to that conclusion about him. I am intrigued by your friend's take on the man. Definitely sounds like someone I would enjoy having a beer with and hearing him lay out his thoughts on the matter...
Sea Speed
AG
OP is AI
dead
AG
"[M]ore harmful ... than Hitler was for Jews in Europe" certainly is a take
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
LBJ and his great society have been worse for black people than the kkk ever was. before 1964 7 out of 10 black families were two parent households today it's 3 out of 10. the great society replaced the father with govt.
2012heisman
nortex97 said:

Lost me at sip law. Vile scum. Weird, everything else about him sounds pretty cool.
He told me he is a in-house attorney for an oil and gas company. Don't really know much about either field. I work in bioinformatics.
Franklin Comes Alive!
Anyone with an ounce of common sense believes that statement

It should be noted though that Abbott is establishment barely better than the liberal trash he rubs elbows with & makes inane shady deals
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
captkirk
AG
The average black family would certainly be better off

Maroon Dawn
AG
He's not wrong.

The more incredible thing is that Dems can look at places like Baltimore that haven't had a single Republican since the 50s or further back and say "no we need to stick with the Dems because they'll eventually bring us paradise!"
Tom Doniphon
I agree with your neighbor.

LBJ and his ilk set minorities back half a century with their selfish vote grabbing crapola. It's hard to convey facts about the necessities of personal responsibilities and bettering one's station in life when the other side is offering "free" candy for votes.
MookieBlaylock
AG
LBJ and the Dems even agree with this
Kenneth_2003
AG
jrdaustin said:

I'm not a fan of LBJ, but I never came to that conclusion about him. I am intrigued by your friend's take on the man. Definitely sounds like someone I would enjoy having a beer with and hearing him lay out his thoughts on the matter...

LBJ was a vile, hateful, power hungry, misogynistic, racist, sob.

There was a thread on LBJ a while back that five into some of his sickening behavior.

It's been postulated that internal within the Democrat party, the Civil rights legislation was viewed/sold as a way to book the black community on the government take and a loyalty/vote buying scheme.
samurai_science
jrdaustin said:

Really? The data proves he, and democrat polices failed Black America.
2012heisman
Franklin Comes Alive! said:

Anyone with an ounce of common sense believes that statement

It should be noted though that Abbott is establishment barely better than the liberal trash he rubs elbows with & makes inane shady deals

I wish Desantis was born in Fort Worth instead of Jacksonville.

Nevertheless, Abbott is light years better than Beto.
LMCane
2012heisman said:

He looked at my house with a Abbott sign from down the street and told me the following statement while walking his dog in October 2022:

"Every Black American's net worth would be 3 times greater than what it is right now if Thomas Sowell was President of the United States in the 60s instead of LBJ. He also said LBJ was more harmful for Black Americans than Hitler was for Jews in Europe."

Keep in mind this guy told me he keeps a Daniel Defense in every room of his house, he voted for Don Huffines in the primaries, went to UT Law, and works in Oil and Gas Law.

Nevertheless, it is good to see that some people understand the harm that LBJ's Great Society did.

that's frankly a moral abomination

to claim that LBJ was worse for blacks

than the Nazis butchering and gassing and starving, and bayoneting, and shooting six million men, women and children
Proc92
In the running for worst president based on lasting negative impact of policies.
frenchtoast
Clearly an Uncle Tom. He deserves to have his life ruined.
Tom Doniphon
Quote:

Nazis butchering and gassing and starving, and bayoneting, and shooting six million men, women and children

Now do marriage rates and abortions in the black communities across America...
Burrus86
AG
2012heisman said:

Keep in mind this guy told me he keeps a Daniel Defense in every room of his house.
Are the weapons all chambered the same? I am waiting to pass judgement on your neighborhood until I receive more pertinent information.
2012heisman
He also told me to read Shelby Steele.
2012heisman
Tom Doniphon said:

Quote:

Nazis butchering and gassing and starving, and bayoneting, and shooting six million men, women and children

Also do the genocide of black on black violence in cities and counties with Democrat Soros DAs, Democrats judges, and Democrat county and city leadership. Every major city is a war zone right now because of Democrat soft on crime policies.
nortex97
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

jrdaustin said:

LBJ was a vile, hateful, power hungry, misogynistic, racist, sob.

There was a thread on LBJ a while back that five into some of his sickening behavior.

It's been postulated that internal within the Democrat party, the Civil rights legislation was viewed/sold as a way to book the black community on the government take and a loyalty/vote buying scheme.
Since we are laughing at white people now, here is something completely different.

https://abc7.com/viral-video-northern-california-couple-dog-crates-locks-themselves-in/12714350/

I am 99.98 percent sure these are Biden-Newsom voters.
LMCane
Tom Doniphon said:

Quote:

so you are claiming that morally- it is the exact same thing for a black female to voluntarily choose to abort her baby

and that's the same thing as the Nazi SS throwing 12 year old girls into a gas chamber where they asphyxiate over two minutes.

that's the same thing morally to you?
Dimebag Darrell
LMCane said:

2012heisman said:

that's frankly a moral abomination

to claim that LBJ was worse for blacks

than the Nazis butchering and gassing and starving, and bayoneting, and shooting six million men, women and children
I don't even want to know how many million black babies have been murdered over the past few decades. Also don't want to know how many black men have been murdered in fatherless crime riddled democrat-destroyed ghettos.

i see what you are saying, and agree to a large extent. But his statement made it sound like it was in the context of a lasting impact. Jews are doing great today. Something like 80% of blacks are born to single mothers. They are shockingly behind in education and labor participation. The black community has been all but destroyed. Every predominantly black neighborhood looks like a war torn dystopian nightmare. I challenge you to find me ONE that does not. but even so, my point would still stand. It would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

"I'll have those n-ers voting democrat for 200 years" LBJ was the opposite of this...

Tom Doniphon
No... nor did I say that. And I certainly believe Hitler to be as vile as maybe any human that ever drew breath - what he did was completely inexcusable.

But I would submit that over the past 60 years, the course of blacks in America has been every bit as negatively impacted by liberal policies. It may certainly not "look" as gruesome or immoral, but the results over the last half century have certainly set them back just as much - if not more. (Which I believe was the point).
Dimebag Darrell
LMCane said:

Tom Doniphon said:

Quote:

so you are claiming that morally- it is the exact same thing for a black female to voluntarily choose to abort her baby

and that's the same thing as the Nazi SS throwing 12 year old girls into a gas chamber where they asphyxiate over two minutes.

that's the same thing morally to you?
In a way, it's almost more low key sinister and diabolical to brainwash millions of humans into thinking it's perfectly fine, heroic even, to kill off their own offspring. To assign zero value to the most precious of all life. To think of it as a parasite, or meaningless sack of tissue. Turtle eggs are much more valued and protected. You can beat genocide eventually (that only happened to the Jews for a few yrs, as horrific as it was....and they have more than bounced back), and heal from it...I don't think this level of brainwashing and manipulation can be reversed.

It's kind of like the thought that we could survive numerous September 11th style attacks. But liberalism is a low key lurking cancer that threatens to kill us from within.

But yeah, I do think it is messed up that you generally will find the largest mega baby killing factories (like this one in Houston's 3rd Ward) in the blackest of areas. Regardless of the intentions, you cannot argue that Hitler would be filled with joy over such a glorious sight!

nortex97
AG
Bingo, and in absolute human terms, many more blacks have been killed directly since the 'great society' of LBJ, let alone indirectly via the willful (not negligent) destruction of black family/religious structures/facilitation of violent crime in their/said communities.

Just because we don't have pictures of the 'others' a la Auschwitz or sad lamentations about the daily destruction and it's actual/real causes, doesn't make the damage/deaths any less.

Anyway, back to worrying about the ecological impact of the aquifer in Nantucket if a couple hundred units of 'affordable' housing are built there. "White liberal problems."
MouthBQ98
AG
If you include abortion in the death toll of leftist policies, the Hitler equivocation doesn't seem so far fetched with regards to government policy leading to widespread death.
Tramp96
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

LBJ and his great society have been worse for black people than the kkk ever was. before 1964 7 out of 10 black families were two parent households today it's 3 out of 10. the great society replaced the father with govt.
This.

LBJ even said something to the effect that if they pass this legislation, he would have them voting solidly Democrat for decades. I know some will say that was about the Civil Rights bill, but he said that about this.
DeSantis 2024
Dimebag Darrell
MouthBQ98 said:

If you include abortion in the death toll of leftist policies, the Hitler equivocation doesn't seem so far fetched with regards to government policy leading to widespread death.
There is also a widescale generational misery/quality of life component to this imo. We can focus exclusively on deaths, but look at the misery and despair you will find in communities where the government has sunken it's nasty teeth into the populations the most. Indian reservations...black ghettos. The level of despair, misery, poverty and hopelessness is off the charts.

Imagine if WWII had never been fought and eventually after a decade or so, Germany saw the light and decided to engage in forced "reparations" programs...i.e. free housing in certain sections to Jews, welfare etc. It's possible you might see suffering Jewish ghettos to this day there had that been the case.
Shooter McGavin
AG
I was admiring the new curb cut at my neighbor's house down the street. Said it cost him around $6k to smooth it out so cars wouldn't bottom out going over it.

Asked him why he did it - he ordered a new Ferrari or some Italian sports car, I can't remember the make. Said it was over $300k. We talked about his trip to Italy to visit the plant, etc.

Did I mention he's a black guy?

Does pretty well it seems, despite the hardships and systemic racism I'm sure he endures. His next door neighbor, also a black family, has a very nice home that backs to the 13th teebox. You know who else has a nice house across the street? Another black guy, former D-1 football guy, now a Sales Manager at a big company. But don't confuse those guys with the three other black families on my street.

Integrate this Brandon!
rab79
AG
2012heisman said:

Edit: He also told me to read Shelby Steele
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
Sq 17
Pretty sure a black man was not winning the presidency in the 60's so his original premise is garbage, Next president is not king , so even if Sowell won unlikely he could have pushed all of his policies through.

Is Sowell more like a Nixon Conservative or a Goldwater Conservative or an Eisenhower Conservative ?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.