Bill to Ban China, Iran, Etc from buy TX Real Estate

3,116 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by fka ftc
Texasclipper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/texas/sb147-houston-protest/285-1cffb019-3a14-49a9-bbfc-9e93ac8e9b53

Have we discussed this? There was a protest over it yesterday. Sylvester isn't for it.
ts5641
It's a good idea so naturally dems will not like it.
BCSWguru
Why should any non-citizen be allowed to purchase land in the US?
MouthBQ98
AG
The left automatically falsely conflate nationality with race if they think it is useful to attack conservatives with. They know they are ignoring the obvious national security implications, but it is also a lost grift opportunity with special interest representing those governments through businesses.
Jeeper79
AG
LSCSN said:

Legitimate vacation homes, commercially or industrially zoned land all seem reasonable to me, but I'm against non-residents snatching up residential real estate as speculative or rental properties that jack up our home prices.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
LSCSN said:

My wife saw this on the news and asked me that. She was shocked they were ever allowed to.
Saxsoon
AG
The deals that are truly brazen are Chinese Entities buying farm land near US military bases and infrastructure
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
chris1515
AG
Saudi?
DamnGood86
AG
The Treasury sells our debt to China.
Politicians sell their influence to China.
Universities sell their research to China.
Tech companies sel their advancements to China.

The list goes on and on but all we want to focus on is real estate. Why is that?
You may not be a moron, but some people think you are.
UTExan
LSCSN said:

Condition the purchase on recriprocity. If I cannot buy real estate in New Zealand, then New Zealanders should not be able to purchase land in the US.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
cajunaggie08
AG
I don't get why green card holders are banned. The country has granted them the right to live here and work here with limited conditions and usually are on their way to becoming citizens. Why should they not be allowed to buy a house with the money made working here?
fka ftc
Because it allows for the Chicoms to buy out all the farmland then mess with our sovereignty when they pwease.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
TexAgs91
AG
Texasclipper said:

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/texas/sb147-houston-protest/285-1cffb019-3a14-49a9-bbfc-9e93ac8e9b53

Have we discussed this? There was a protest over it yesterday. Sylvester isn't for it.
So he's making money off it. I wonder how much?
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Eliminatus
AG
Said it before and I'll say it again. This should have been codified at the federal level about a couple hundred years ago.
LMCane
Texasclipper said:

I am fully in support of this.

Add Russia, Venezuela, South Africa and North Korea.
cajunaggie08
AG
fka ftc said:

Because it allows for the Chicoms to buy out all the farmland then mess with our sovereignty when they pwease.
So you'd rather Bill Gates buy it all

It seems like we're throwing baby out with the bathwater and doing harm to THOUSANDS of residents. They may not be citizens yet but I work with and live near many green card holders. It doesn't seem fair to limit them when they are here to live out the American Dream we've been telling everyone about.
fka ftc
If they are here legally and follow the rules, they can become US citizens. Yes it takes time, but it should motivate them to behave and do good and such.

That is fair.

And for the record, yes I would prefer Bill Gates over Chicoms any day of the week, and twice during Lunar New Year.

You like the Chinese so much, then partner with them to buy some lands. As long as it goes in your name I have no issue.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
TxTarpon
Texasclipper said:

What about the land they already own?
Can we do the same for meskins?
fka ftc
Take it all back. Tell foreign land owners they must sell within x days to qualified buyer.

For compliance, tell country where the land owners are from that all interest payments on debt held by that Country will be suspended or cancelled until compliance is achieved.

America used to have a nutsack. It needs to grow one back.

Ciboag96
So old Sly is on the payroll of the Chicoms? Whodathunkit?
evan_aggie
AG
I'd ban any country that has an existing limitation in place.

Foreign investors are not allowed to buy land in China. The land in China belongs to the state and the collectives.

evan_aggie
AG
UTExan said:

LSCSN said:

Condition the purchase on recriprocity. If I cannot buy real estate in New Zealand, then New Zealanders should not be able to purchase land in the US.

TxTarpon
fka ftc said:

America used to have a nutsack. It needs to grow one back.
Yeah!
We can have more of them now since chicks can get them now (for some reason).
fka ftc
Sly is absolutely agnostic as to where his "contributions" come from. He would show up at a Baptist church pro life rally and stand alongside Abbot if he thought he could grift some bucks from the experience.

He is a special sort of low life DemLib grifter.

Chef Elko
AG
Eliminate the EB-5 program
geoag58
AG
DamnGood86 said:

The Treasury sells our debt to China.
Politicians sell their influence to China.
Universities sell their research to China.
Tech companies sel their advancements to China.

The list goes on and on but all we want to focus on is real estate. Why is that?

It's a start.
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
not hedge
Good now ban investment and real estate companies and limit housing to max five houses per citizen
Gigem314
AG
ts5641 said:

It's a good idea so naturally dems will not like it.
dallasiteinsa02
For any Chinese person following this thread, I am more than happy to purchase all the real estate you need as the managing member of the LLC for a small percentage.
not hedge
Enemy of the state, any American citizen or entity that does so should be stripped of citizenship and deported to the country they are dealing with
Rapier108
WTAW had a story this morning about A&M pitching a fit over this, saying it wouldn't be fair for all of the Chinese professors not being allowed to buy a house.
fka ftc
not hedge said:

Enemy of the state, any American citizen or entity that does so should be stripped of citizenship and deported to the country they are dealing with
Let me clear this up for you as you do not seem to comprehend the issue at hand.

US citizens investing in America - such as buying developing, selling, renting real estate = good thing for America.

China and other countries and their citizens who are all GUESTS in this Country and DO NOT have our Country's well-being at the top of their list = a very bad thing.

You basic argument is that banning Chinese (or other foreign) ownership is not the issue. The issue is anyone owning, developing, buying, selling or renting real estate and potentially making a profit is a bad thing.

Completely bizarre take. Want to explain (if possible)?

fka ftc
Rapier108 said:

WTAW had a story this morning about A&M pitching a fit over this, saying it wouldn't be fair for all of the Chinese professors not being allowed to buy a house.
They can lease all house they want. Or move to Cali.

Would make for some opening for US citizens to take over those roles / positions. Again, positive thing.

cajunaggie08
AG
fka ftc said:

Rapier108 said:

They can lease all house they want. Or move to Cali.

Would make for some opening for US citizens to take over those roles / positions. Again, positive thing.
Good luck finding Americans to fill those roles. its rare for an engineering undergrad to pursue a masters degree or PhD as the private sector pays way more. its very much a job of passion.
Jeeper79
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

So you'd rather Bill Gates buy it all

While Bill Gates owns a ton of farmland, .3% is far from "all".
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.