Bill to Ban China, Iran, Etc from buy TX Real Estate

3,179 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by fka ftc
fka ftc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Slightly off topic, but are there funds / mechanisms to invest in smaller to mid-size (really just not corporate) american owned, managed, farmed agriculture in the US? Never looked into it, but I would consider putting money where my keyboard is on this.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
flyrancher
AG
LMCane said:

Texasclipper said:

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/texas/sb147-houston-protest/285-1cffb019-3a14-49a9-bbfc-9e93ac8e9b53

Have we discussed this? There was a protest over it yesterday. Sylvester isn't for it.
I am fully in support of this.

Add Russia, Venezuela, South Africa and North Korea.
You folks are all missing the mark. Non citizens of the United States should not/never be allowed to purchase/own U.S. real estate. If they want to own here, let them become citizens first.

And amnesty, anchor babies, or any other liberal created category of illegal emigrant can not be an exception to the law.

Anything short of this is futile.
flyrancher
javajaws
AG
flyrancher said:

LMCane said:

Texasclipper said:

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/texas/sb147-houston-protest/285-1cffb019-3a14-49a9-bbfc-9e93ac8e9b53

Have we discussed this? There was a protest over it yesterday. Sylvester isn't for it.

You folks are all missing the mark. Non citizens of the United States should not/never be allowed to purchase/own U.S. real estate. If they want to own here, let them become citizens first.

And amnesty, anchor babies, or any other liberal created category of illegal emigrant can not be an exception to the law.

I agree with that in theory - but what type of corporate entities should or shouldn't be able to buy/own land?
Jeeper79
AG
flyrancher said:

LMCane said:

Texasclipper said:

So a company like Toyota that creates tons of American jobs and contributes to our economy shouldn't own the land that their factories and offices sit on?

What do you think those companies will do when we make it harder or more expensive to do business here?
Signel
AG
We should never be selling land or resources to external hostile countries. I am not sure how this even needs to be proposed. We shouldn't be selling to friendly countries either. You want to invest in our country, so be it.

It is especially important with a country like China that has open initiatives like belt and road, and has a history of screwing countries that take them up on their offers.

OnlyForNow
AG
Can we make this also apply to California residents and California based companies?
Dan Scott
AG
The largest refinery in the US should not be owned by foreigners. Restrictions should not apply to permanent legal residents. But rich Chinese people in China should not be able to park their wealth in American real estate.
fka ftc
Their may be some hairs to split regarding US based subsidiaries of multinational companies.

So Toyota Motor North America may be permitted to own property but Toyota Motor Corporation (of Japan) may not.

Shell domestic LLCs holding land need not apply. Talking legitimate operating subsidiaries registered in the US and subject to US taxes and laws.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.