M&Ms says it's replacing 'beloved spokescandies' with Maya Rudolph

10,339 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by annie88
waitwhat?
How long do you want to ignore this user?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mms-replacing-beloved-spokescandies-maya-rudolph-170220316.html

Go woke, go broke.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
Pookers
AG
The candy is worse than the politics. Stop eating this poison. There's lots of good chocolate out there but M&Ms aint it.
Kansas Kid
waitwhat? said:

Go woke, go broke.

Sorry, but taking go go boots off the green candy and giving her tennis shoes in my mind isn't going woke. It is just reflecting the times as those were outdated by style.
BQ78
AG

How appropriate, wasn't Maya Rudolph the beloved prostitute in the fictional film that has now become a documentary of our country-- Idiocracy?
CDUB98
AG
Guess they should have stuck with, "melts in your mouth, not in your hand."
CDUB98
AG
Kansas Kid said:

waitwhat? said:

Go woke, go broke.

Sorry, but taking go go boots off the green candy and giving her tennis shoes in my mind isn't going woke. It is just reflecting the times as those were outdated by style.

That's not what got people pissy. You're either willfully ignorant, or trolling. Pick one.
GeorgiAg
AG
Why don't companies just focus on their product?

What moron at these companies is like, "we need to turn our product political."
Picard
AG
CDUB98 said:

Real chocolate would melt in your hand

American Hardwood
AG
GeorgiAg said:

No doubt. I am sure there are those in the company that regret ever going down the path on anything other than just making the damn candy. They've dug such a hole for themselves that there is nothing they can do or say that won't just piss off some other interest group. They will never make everyone happy ever again.
DD88
AG
amercer
AG
CDUB98 said:

Kansas Kid said:

waitwhat? said:

Go woke, go broke.

That's not what got people pissy. You're either willfully ignorant, or trolling. Pick one.

Well I'm neither, because I've got no idea what you are talking about. Seriously, people got pissed about M&M commercials last year? I feel like I've seen plenty of them over the last year and not noticed any change in style or substance.
Rip*91
AG
**** M&M's and **** Maya Rudolph. Bunch of woke mother****ers!
TacosaurusRex
For a candy that was designed to get GI's in WWII some candy, they sure have lost the plot.
B-1 83
AG
Pookers said:

The candy is worse than the politics. Stop eating this poison. There's lots of good chocolate out there but M&Ms aint it.
Communist. Peanut M&Ms are the schizzle out of the fridge.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Sid Farkas
AG
Isn't that maya chick just another one of those unfunny comedians?
Rapier108
They tired to go woke, got a **** ton of backlash, so this is their response.

It has nothing to do with shoes despite the left almost instantly coming out with that taking point.

M&Ms launches woke female-only special edition bag of candy featuring 'lesbian' green and brown | Daily Mail Online
Rapier108
Sid Farkas said:

Yes, and big Kamala Harris supporter.
Tanya 93
GeorgiAg said:

Is she really political or just ethnic?
Kansas Kid
CDUB98 said:

Kansas Kid said:

waitwhat? said:

Go woke, go broke.

This started with Tucker Carlson going off last year after they changed the footwear on two of the female characters. So please tell me how I am trolling or ignorant because I don't agree with Tucker's take. This was what I viewed as a typical tweak to a corporate logo done every year as opposed to some brand which would have turned them into a bunch of flag waiving, alphabet soup crap.

wessimo
AG
Pretty sure this is just M&Ms building buzz for a Super Bowl ad. Y'all getting trolled hard.
Oyster DuPree
AG
It's somebody's job to write press releases about how the internet just wasn't ready for their company's 'spokescandies'
amercer
AG
Tucker is a weird dude
Bosco
AG
Sid Farkas said:

Yea but now because the company spokespersons skin color is closer to mine, I can finally consume this product! I just didn't identify with the round characters before and therefore felt like the company owed me something. /idiot
DallasAg 94
The Fife
Who's Maya Rudolph and why should I care?
torrid
AG
Sorry JK Simmons.
Bosco
AG
I'm Mexican and hot white women have separated me from my money more than anything else.

I demand that Megan Fox sell me this candy.
CDUB98
AG
Kansas Kid said:

CDUB98 said:

Kansas Kid said:

waitwhat? said:

Go woke, go broke.

This started with Tucker Carlson going off last year after they changed the footwear on two of the female characters. So please tell me how I am trolling or ignorant because I don't agree with Tucker's take. This was what I viewed as a typical tweak to a corporate logo done every year as opposed to some brand which would have turned them into a bunch of flag waiving, alphabet soup crap.

This latest dust up has nothing to do with whatever that talking head brought up.

It started just a few weeks ago with the all female package bring in two insinuations: 1) That green and purple are "lesbians", and 2) the purple is really a trans since it is a peanut one, you know, a nut. Which is why I put the quotations.

All you did was be a good NPC and parrot some talking point rather than find out what really got people gnashing their teeth. Sound like you fall into the willfully ignorant.

Personally, I don't give two ****s about the candy.
Cromagnum
AG
Guess who predominately wears solid white sneakers?

Hint: it's not white people.

Libs really will cry about everything.

CDUB98
AG
The Fife said:

Who's Maya Rudolph and why should I care?

A not funny comedian and you shouldn't.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Maya Rudolph is tore up from the floor up
javajaws
AG
CDUB98 said:

They said Maya Rudolph, not Kamala Harris.
YouBet
AG
I'm with wessimo. I can't believe this is real.

ITS A TRAP.
Matt_ag98
I don't think it was the Tucker thing, think it was about some new "Purple M&M" that was just "gonna be itself" or some nonsense, there is a hilarious Babylon Bee article that predicted this a year ago about "New Purple M&M identifes as a Skittle" lol
YouBet
AG
Seems like a don't ask don't tell policy would have worked here.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.