Tampax getting creepy again.

3,641 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by whatthehey78
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Followers were outraged at this sentiment, which they claimed was "sexualizing" tampon usage.

"Peak patriarchy: a company making women's products insults its entire customer base and thinks this is OK. You utter creeps," one person shared.

"A women's period products company is getting off on the idea of their products being inserted in girls and women getting there first while men are chatting them up hoping for sex. Overtones of rape, [pedophilia], misogyny what a hat-trick," another agreed.

"So…A tampon is saying to a dude framed as a sexual rival to the tampon basically, 'hey, bro. You're too slow. I totally *hit* that already. How do you like THEM apples' And this is supposed to appeal to your customers in some way?" another person wrote.

"No, it's disgusting and creepy," another reaction read.

Many outraged users pointed out how girls as young as 11 were likely to use tampons, which they claimed made the sexual joke even more inappropriate.

The social media fight evolved into some users accusing critics of being "transphobes" for insisting on a boycott and taking offense to the joke.

"Has anyone else noticed that the people screaming #BoycottTampax aren't really upset about the joke? They're actually a bunch of transphobic bigots attacking a company that showed support for a group of people they like to be cruel to," one person wrote.

prior creepiness:

In September 2020, Tampax inspired controversy by posting a tweet that said, "Fact: Not all women have periods. Also a fact: Not all people with periods are women. Let's celebrate the diversity of all people who bleed!"
_mpaul
AG
I don't get it. Any of it.
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
_mpaul
AG
C@LAg said:

In September 2020, Tampax inspired controversy by posting a tweet that said, "Fact: Not all women have periods. Also a fact: Not all people with periods are women. Let's celebrate the diversity of all people who bleed!"

So we know Tampax has no idea what a fact is
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
10thYrSr
_mpaul said:

I don't get it. Any of it.

A woman's utility product is trying to extend their market. To men who claim to be women but don't bleed monthly. Women wonder why.
Muktheduck
_mpaul said:

C@LAg said:

So we know Tampax has no idea what a fact is

Fact: literally any garbage following the colon
leachfan
So, what? They are advertising to like 30-40 people?
My Name Is Judge
MouthBQ98
AG
I don't do social media. WTF is a DM?

Also, there's about a 99% chance a female composed that tweet.
Eliminatus
AG
For the olds.

Tampa's is one upping men trying to be with a woman. DM = direct message. Their chat/message/text conversation.

Being in their DMs is a euphemism for trying to get close with and have sex with them. "Lemme slide in the DMs"

Tampax is mocking these dudes by saying we are already in the vagina and ergo, win the contest. The way it is framed says that Tampa's has already sex with the woman. "We are not like you, sitting there trying to. We already did. I am better than you. "

HTH
zephyr88
AG
Then, they doubled down on the tweet for some reason?

They are so edgy cringy.

Decay
AG
Social media accounts for many companies have decided to go the Howard Stern route and just post whatever it takes to get the most engagement.

However I will always enjoy woke companies totally missing the mark and pissing off their fans.
YouBet
AG
Eliminatus said:

For the olds.

Tampa's is one upping men trying to be with a woman. DM = direct message. Their chat/message/text conversation.

Being in their DMs is a euphemism for trying to get close with and have sex with them. "Lemme slide in the DMs"

Tampax is mocking these dudes by saying we are already in the vagina and ergo, win the contest. The way it is framed says that Tampa's has already sex with the woman. "We are not like you, sitting there trying to. We already did. I am better than you. "

HTH

Tampa or Tampa Bay? There is a difference.
redcrayon
AG
Their audience includes teen girls. Just stop. It's not cute or edgy. It's just gross.
YouBet
AG
So the trans community is trying to hijack a debate on tampons now? Are there no topics that mentally insane men wont steal from women?
MouthBQ98
AG
Eliminatus said:

For the olds.

HTH

I get that, but I'm less of an old and more of a DGAF about stuff that's trite and narcissistic like most social media. Wanted to verify my guess at the acronym for an attempt to talk one's way into casual reproduction based on context. Thanks for verifying DM.
titan
S
YouBet said:

So the trans community is trying to hijack a debate on tampons now? Are there no topics that mentally insane men wont steal from women?
From shooters to this upside down stuff of letting 14 year olds make life altering decisions society needs stop catering to mentally ill fringes. They do not contribute in any proportion to their negative impact.
GAC06
AG
I for one am glad Tampax has the courage to declare to the world that men are not the same as…

*checks notes*

a tampon company?

Glad they cleared that up. How brave.
whatthehey78
AG
IMHO, some of the most degenerate people are employed in advertising & marketing. Most of their output misses its target because it is either too stupid to register with the audience...or, it's too perverted for the normal individual.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.