Bank of England probably just gave Biden a reprieve

5,375 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sea Speed
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Somebody posted a link a few days ago about container lines canceling scheduled voyages by some large percentage.
YouBet
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Somebody posted a link a few days ago about container lines canceling scheduled voyages by some large percentage.
Demand across all modes is way down over the last several months.
Sea Speed
AG
Right but containers aren't our bread and butter like some other ports.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Cheapest place to bunker now is Houston?

Got that going for us which is nice.

Sea Speed
AG
I'll tell you that the amount of Arab light we are importing and the amount of wti we are exporting doesn't seem to be slowing down. That business is as busy as ever, and there are hundreds of other tankers in and out ofnthe various gulf coast ports every week as well. There are a lot of east coast and west coast ports that are feeling the pinch a little more than us I would think.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Hows the lightering traffic out there?
Sea Speed
AG
There are like 5 VLCCs in GOLA and a few in Corpus. Corpus had FOUR IN PORT AT THE SAME TIME the other day. That is a lot of ship. I think about 5 more VLCCs will be here in the next 2 to 3 weeks. Each one represents 2mm bbls Arab light in and 2mm bbls of wti/cold lake/isthmus crude headed out, but mostly wti. There didn't used to be this much leaving but the growing exports has increased the lightering work significantly.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.