How different are we?

3,667 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Signel
BaitShack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Random but... I made a comment to my Ex the other day about the Feds raiding Mar A Lago. She had absolutely no clue what I was talking about. I was a little taken back.
Joes
Dan Scott said:

If you think that video is representative of the US population then you also think strippers like you.
  • More than a third of American adults (37 percent) can't name any of the rights guaranteed under the First Amendment.
  • Only a quarter of American adults (26 percent) can name all three branches of government.
  • More than half of American adults (53 percent) incorrectly think it is accurate to say that immigrants who are here illegally do not have any rights under the U.S. Constitution.

Puerto Rico provides a new example of how little Americans know about their own country - The Washington Post

Hell, even honest liberals know it.

"Before we tackle any of our daunting specific problems here in America, we have to figure out how a country can solve any problem if so many of its people are so intractably, astoundingly, mind-numbingly stupid," said Maher.

"Being full-grown and thinking a human could walk on the sun, or that the biggest city in the world was Asia, this country simply has no education standards anymore."

Maher: The U.S. Education System Produces "Dumb" Americans (barrettsportsmedia.com)

People are much dumber than you think. Get away from your circle and go ask the first ten people you see at the DMV if the sun is a planet or if they can name at least 10 presidents or if they know who the speaker of the house is.

One of my favorite investor clients is white, 73 years old, and is a retired business owner, as are all his friends. We talk about politics all the time and he constantly says he thinks that liberals are some tiny fringe because no one he knows votes Democrat. "Really? Your white 70-something year old church-going entrepreneurial circle doesn't vote Democrat? What a shock! Let me drive you to the local Walmart and let's ask some random people who they voted for and why."
wbt5845
AG
Monkeypoxfighter
Joes said:

Dan Scott said:

If you think that video is representative of the US population then you also think strippers like you.
  • More than a third of American adults (37 percent) can't name any of the rights guaranteed under the First Amendment.
  • Only a quarter of American adults (26 percent) can name all three branches of government.
  • More than half of American adults (53 percent) incorrectly think it is accurate to say that immigrants who are here illegally do not have any rights under the U.S. Constitution.

Puerto Rico provides a new example of how little Americans know about their own country - The Washington Post

Hell, even honest liberals know it.

"Before we tackle any of our daunting specific problems here in America, we have to figure out how a country can solve any problem if so many of its people are so intractably, astoundingly, mind-numbingly stupid," said Maher.

"Being full-grown and thinking a human could walk on the sun, or that the biggest city in the world was Asia, this country simply has no education standards anymore."

Maher: The U.S. Education System Produces "Dumb" Americans (barrettsportsmedia.com)

People are much dumber than you think. Get away from your circle and go ask the first ten people you see at the DMV if the sun is a planet or if they can name at least 10 presidents or if they know who the speaker of the house is.

One of my favorite investor clients is white, 73 years old, and is a retired business owner, as are all his friends. We talk about politics all the time and he constantly says he thinks that liberals are some tiny fringe because no one he knows votes Democrat. "Really? Your white 70-something year old church-going entrepreneurial circle doesn't vote Democrat? What a shock! Let me drive you to the local Walmart and let's ask some random people who they voted for and why."
We had folks on here in the last week or so who were convinced that the hordes of migrants had no rights under the Constitution, and they were adamant about it even after being shown the SCOTUS rulings.
Get Off My Lawn
Zeitgeist: 5
Visibility on real issues: 9
Insight / knowledge / historical relevancy: 7
Accurate representation of event within page Juan: 8
Shared paradigm with ave dem voter: 1
Shared paradigm with ave rep voter: 6
Sea Speed
AG
TXAGFAN said:

YouBet said:

F16 = 7-8
This board is an outlier on knowledge of current events and politics.

General Public = 1-2
Largely uneducated or miseducated on most topics.
The amount of made up stories/tweets and even satire that make it to this board and receive multiple pages of replies says otherwise (eg george Floyd "brother" story last week).

The absolute worst thing about this board is the propensity for people on it to believe anything and everything they see on Twitter. It is really bad and there are several serial offenders who fall for bs so regularly it is best to just completely disregard their takes.

As someone else said, this board is best as a news and current event aggregator and is sprinkled with great info and knowledge on most topics as we have college educated folks with real world experience from most industries who are capable and willing to go in to detail about their areas of expertise as they pertain to the subject at hand.
Signel
AG
Have you watched the latest comic book TV show, or seen the new Iphone? Did you see the TikTok video of the girl that _______,

Yeah, 85% of the country is totally clueless. The Media is lying to everyone, and foreign countries are contributing to social media with amplification/disinformation of far left and right messaging. On top of that, the Pentagon revealed that US agencies have been conducting psyops against us.

What do you think?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.