How different are we?

3,712 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Signel
Robert L. Peters
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We talk about a wide variety of topics, not just politics but social issues and breaking news. Scale of 1 to 10, 10 being highest, where are we on this board collectively with regards to knowledge about certain events. Where do you think the average American is? Do they know what's going on?

Why isn't the average person outraged about Biden's literal incompetence? Nobody is saying anything. It's so weird.
YouBet
AG
F16 = 7-8
This board is an outlier on knowledge of current events and politics.

General Public = 1-2
Largely uneducated or miseducated on most topics.
jeremy
AG
YouBet said:

F16 = 7-8

General Public = 1-2

Uneducated and over-entertained
C@LAg
we a probably 9 or 10 on bringing up news or current events.

we are prob 5-6 for actual discussion of things. way too much repetition in discussion points and information. and topics.

HollywoodBQ
AG
I live in LA so we have homeless and illegals who get a negative score so that brings our average down quite a bit.
FCBlitz
The Green Dragon said:

We talk about a wide variety of topics, not just politics but social issues and breaking news. Scale of 1 to 10, 10 being highest, where are we on this board collectively with regards to knowledge about certain events. Where do you think the average American is? Do they know what's going on?

Why isn't the average person outraged about Biden's literal incompetence? Nobody is saying anything. It's so weird.

Sorry. I double posted and this post is not complete….please disregard.
It really isn't wierd…..and it is super simple to answer.

The people who always vote democratic and always will are blacks, queers, thugs, the lazy poor, illegal aliens, the anti police and military, the uneducated , the over educated who either hate religion, the rich(that still means Republicans people) or are gay themselves.

Those folks; (non contributors) who make up the bulk of Democratic Party are so insulated that they don't really economically suffer when the economy is back. In fact they probably do better because they end up getting more assistance from the federal government while paying almost no taxes. They are not starving, they have cell phones, they get welfare and many others types of assistance, still can support their drug habits, get rewarded for being violent towards law enforcement. Lastly, they do not care about truth, fact and have been convinced that the constitution as tool of opposition and should be changes or done away with.

It's the contributors who feel the brunt of everything. Middle class. Too busy to protest, they are the ones who lose businesses, have assets that diminish in value and take the full hit when the economy really is doing poorly.
Then when they do start protesting they immediately get the full force of the government to come down on their heads.

That is a very quick explanation who the Democratic Party is, who their voters are and why their voters continue to vote democratic.

FCBlitz
FCBlitz said:

The Green Dragon said:

F16 always has SOME folks who seemed to be 100% spot on. You just have beable to filter out the BS from the solid information. I give F16 a 10.

The people who always vote democratic and always will are blacks, queers, thugs, the lazy poor, illegal aliens, the anti police and military, the uneducated , the over educated who either hate religion, the rich(that still means Republicans people) or are gay themselves.

Those folks; (non contributors) who make up the bulk of Democratic Party are so insulated that they don't really economically suffer when the economy is back. In fact they probably do better because they end up getting more assistance from the federal government while paying almost no taxes. They are not starving, they have cell phones, they get welfare and many others types of assistance, still can support their drug habits, get rewarded for being violent towards law enforcement. Lastly, they do not care about truth, fact and have been convinced that the constitution as tool of opposition and should be changes or done away with.

It's the contributors who feel the brunt of everything. Middle class. Too busy to protest, they are the ones who lose businesses, have assets that diminish in value and take the full hit when the economy really is doing poorly.
Then when they do start protesting they immediately get the full force of the government to come down on their heads.

That is a very quick explanation who the Democratic Party is, who their voters are and why their voters continue to vote democratic.

Faustus
FCBlitz said:

The Green Dragon said:

NM
B-1 83
AG
FCBlitz said:

The Green Dragon said:

Uh oh…….

Batman victim signal meme is under review.
wbt5845
AG
I think this board is about 7-8 on knowledge of current events.

I would score it higher but there's a noticeable segment that doesn't seem to think things through but instead looks to the hive mentality for what to think.

I say this because I try to think for myself. And when my opinion doesn't match the hive thought, I am accused of being a flaming liberal leftist, even though I've never voted for a Democrat in my entire life.
96AgGrad
AG
There are a several here that have consistently well thought-out takes and are willing to evaluate new data with an open mind. Then there are a whole bunch of people who "know what they know", but don't really entertain any new information. And then there are some who proudly wear their ignorance like a badge of honor.
Joes
YouBet said:

F16 = 7-8

General Public = 1-2

Right, which is why I have no problem believing Biden got as many votes as he did, even if there was cheating with relatively small numbers at strategic points. We're talking tens or hundreds of thousands at most. So when people mock the 81 million number on its face as unbelievable, they look ridiculous because even the people making the fraud claims would acknowledge he got over 80 million.

People are dumb. Way dumber than most on here realize because most people only talk about this stuff with others at a similar knowledge level. Half the people who vote couldn't find Russia on a globe or tell you who was president in 1991, and the ones that don't vote are even dumber than that. I'm not even talking about ideology, I just mean in terms of basic knowledge of how things work; history, economics, etc.

Bearpitbull
The scale is more on the uninformed versus misinformed continuum. Great quote applies here. If you don't read the news, you're uninformed, if you do, you're likely misinformed. Most folks watch one news source, be it far left or far right and then just let it confirm all their baked in beliefs. The informed try to seek more sources but that is way less fun on the "Hey, WE'VE got it all figured out and THEY don't" scale.
LOYAL AG
AG
Miseducated is right on target for a huge portion of America today. Not six months ago I had a family member tell me Biden is "just a nice man". To which I replied:

"No he's not, he's a career politician which means that he's right in the middle of the DC corruption you said a week ago is a problem. His son has gotten rich selling access to his father, he used the office of the Vice President to protect a corrupt Ukrainian company, he raped a staffer and he has a lengthy history of racist remarks. None of that includes how incredibly creepy he is around little girls. You think he's a nice guy because the Establishment news media told you he was a nice guy but none of that is real. I've told you for years you're being lied to and this is another example."

This is the world we live in. WAY too many Americans don't understand just how badly the news media lies to protect the Establishment's agenda.
Joes
LOYAL AG said:

Miseducated is right on target for a huge portion of America today. Not six months ago I had a family member tell me Biden is "just a nice man". To which I replied:

"No he's not, he's a career politician which means that he's right in the middle of the DC corruption you said a week ago is a problem. His son has gotten rich selling access to his father, he used the office of the Vice President to protect a corrupt Ukrainian company, he raped a staffer and he has a lengthy history of racist remarks. None of that includes how incredibly creepy he is around little girls. You think he's a nice guy because the Establishment news media told you he was a nice guy but none of that is real. I've told you for years you're being lied to and this is another example."

This is the world we live in. WAY too many Americans don't understand just how badly the news media lies to protect the Establishment's agenda.
Yep, I've heard similar stories all my life. "I voted for JFK, he was just so handsome!". "I voted for Obama, he just seemed cool", etc. This is why I never have any optimism about getting a candidate who can "better explain conservative positions" or whatever. I mean, do you really hope to explain how inflation works to someone with a two second attention span and who needs a calculator to add 2+2? You're better off just dangling a shiny object over the candidate's name you want them to vote for.

AtlAg05
AG
Do these videos provide any context around the number of people interviewed?

While funny/sad, if those people they showed (6-7) out of 100, then it's not as bad as people make it out to be.
zephyr88
AG
These people are literally the perfect voter demographic for the dems.

Blue = dumb.
Dan Scott
AG
If you think that video is representative of the US population then you also think strippers like you.
AzAg80
AG
For me the main value of this board is as a news aggregator. There's several commenters who are definitely value added, as well.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
It is entirely too difficult for your average American to be fully informed on most matters. Our media sells drama and chaos, not factual information. Social media is mostly propaganda designed to divide and incite anger. Without some sort of awakening, it's only going to get worse.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
fredfredunderscorefred
I have never ventured to covid board or premium. But from what I have read here about covid board, and if the posters here with all their nascar logos are indicative of premium…..well I won't talk negative about those board, but will only talk positive regarding you folks on this board: you folks here in aggregate are an easy 4-5 higher than premium and 8-9 higher than covid. On 1-10.
TXAGFAN
AG
YouBet said:

F16 = 7-8

General Public = 1-2
The amount of made up stories/tweets and even satire that make it to this board and receive multiple pages of replies says otherwise (eg george Floyd "brother" story last week).
YouBet
AG
TXAGFAN said:

YouBet said:

F16 = 7-8

General Public = 1-2
The amount of made up stories/tweets and even satire that make it to this board and receive multiple pages of replies says otherwise (eg george Floyd "brother" story last week).
Didn't see that but you can chalk it up to the board not being perfect. Of course some bad info makes its way here.

However, if you don't think this board is more informed and educated than the general populace then you are delusional.
Maroon Dawn
AG
YouBet said:

F16 = 7-8

General Public = 1-2

Sadly this

I use my middle brother as my "Average Joe America" barometer (HS degree, no advanced skill training, very basic blue collar sales job, married with 3 kids, lower middle class income) and he simply doesn't care at all what's happening in politics or current events just sports and TV shows, and if he is aware of an issue it's only at the LIV level. Loves him some government cheese and doesn't care how bad it is for society because it's good for him and sees it as a "hustle" thinking he's actually scamming the government when the government WANTS him to be as dependent on their hand outs as possible
Ag CPA
AG
YouBet said:

F16 = 7-8

General Public = 1-2
Sure it is...

F16, the sophisticated think tank.
I Am A Critic
This board is a case study in the Dunning-Kruger effect.
Username checks out.
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
YouBet
AG
Ag CPA said:

YouBet said:

F16 = 7-8

General Public = 1-2
Sure it is...

I'm not saying we are a sophisticated think tank. We aren't perfect and bad information is shared here at times. What I am saying is that compared to the general populace we are much more informed and educated.

Most people pay little attention to what's going on and simply don't want to discuss or hear about politics. They only know what directly impacts them when it hits them in the face or directly in the wallet.
Proposition Joe
YouBet said:

Ag CPA said:

YouBet said:

F16 = 7-8

General Public = 1-2
Sure it is...

I'm not saying we are a sophisticated think tank. We aren't perfect and bad information is shared here at times. What I am saying is that compared to the general populace we are much more informed and educated.

Most people pay little attention to what's going on and simply don't want to discuss or hear about politics. They only know what directly impacts them when it hits them in the face or directly in the wallet.

But you could also make a strong case that spending massive amounts of time being informed and educated on an issue only to wield that power in the form of posting on a message board isn't exactly smart. If you want to campaign, get on city council, or any number of active pursuits, that's great...

While it certainly may fall under the "ignorance is bliss" category, these "sheep" out there not paying attention to these things and just living their lives are doing just that... living their lives. Can we really say the people who spend hours upon hours going over the same topics in an echo chamber (whether that's the politics forum or the A&M football forum) are really the smart ones?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

I live in LA so we have homeless and illegals who get a negative score so that brings our average down quite a bit.
Liberals are worse.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
YouBet
AG
Proposition Joe said:

YouBet said:

Ag CPA said:

YouBet said:

F16 = 7-8

General Public = 1-2
Sure it is...

But you could also make a strong case that spending massive amounts of time being informed and educated on an issue only to wield that power in the form of posting on a message board isn't exactly smart. If you want to campaign, get on city council, or any number of active pursuits, that's great...

While it certainly may fall under the "ignorance is bliss" category, these "sheep" out there not paying attention to these things and just living their lives are doing just that... living their lives. Can we really say the people who spend hours upon hours going over the same topics in an echo chamber (whether that's the politics forum or the A&M football forum) are really the smart ones?
Valid take.
Joes
AtlAg05 said:

While funny/sad, if those people they showed (6-7) out of 100, then it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

I've known enough people like that personally in my life that I don't need any more context. There is an enormous group of people just like that. ENORMOUS. For crap's sake, look at the quotes by our own vice president, if her IQ is over 75 I'd be shocked.
Raptor
AG
The issue isn't the knowledge of the people.

The problem is the way the news/media portrays the issues to the people. Then we compound that with the way people perceive that knowledge with limited to no background knowledge upon which to make informed and rational/reasonable decisions.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

YouBet
AG
Joes said:

AtlAg05 said:

I've known enough people like that personally in my life that I don't need any more context. There is an enormous group of people just like that. ENORMOUS. For crap's sake, look at the quotes by our own vice president, if her IQ is over 75 I'd be shocked.
Valid or not, I use the reality of this countries savings rate as an analogy. The vast majority of the population has almost no savings. Fifty percent of the population literally has $0 in savings and the remainder has an average retirement nest egg of somewhere between $40k and $80K depending on the financial source you are reading. Even if those numbers are off by multiples (but they are fairly consistent across multiple sources) we are screwed.

We are a massively dumb populace at this point thanks to decades of poisoned public education and cultural rot and an ever leftward move, politically. America is in its sunset phase. Fairly obvious.
BenFiasco14
AG
I'm a 10 and everyone else is a 1, duh
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.