Credit Suisse on the brink?

5,579 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by techno-ag
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Maybe Lehman Bros, European style. One bad decision after another already led to a depressed share price for CS. With the recent drop, it's in the $3 range now. This will only exacerbate the mess over there as the days grow colder and the money supply gets tighter.

Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
aggiebq03+
Quick! To the printing presses!!
DallasAg 94
evestor1
My link to CS quit in spring after 20 years. I guess he saw it coming.

I hope all the liberals at investment banks go bankrupt someday. The conservatives...I wish better upon!
MemphisAg1
AG
Quote:

ZURICH, Sept 30 (Reuters) - Credit Suisse has solid capital and liquidity, Chief Executive Ulrich Koerner told staff in a memo seen by Reuters on Friday and confirmed by a spokesperson for the Swiss bank that is due to announce the outcome of a strategic review next month.

"I know it's not easy to remain focused amid the many stories you read in the media in particular, given the many factually inaccurate statements being made. That said, I trust that you are not confusing our day-to-day stock price performance with the strong capital base and liquidity position of the bank," he wrote, adding that he was unable to share details of transformation plans before Oct. 27.
https://www.reuters.com/business/finance/credit-suisse-has-strong-capital-base-liquidity-ceo-memo-2022-09-30/
Stat Monitor Repairman
50% of Credit Suisse and UBS revenue comes from Wall Street.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
MemphisAg1
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

MemphisAg1 said:

Quote:

ZURICH, Sept 30 (Reuters) - Credit Suisse has solid capital and liquidity, Chief Executive Ulrich Koerner told staff in a memo seen by Reuters on Friday and confirmed by a spokesperson for the Swiss bank that is due to announce the outcome of a strategic review next month.

"I know it's not easy to remain focused amid the many stories you read in the media in particular, given the many factually inaccurate statements being made. That said, I trust that you are not confusing our day-to-day stock price performance with the strong capital base and liquidity position of the bank," he wrote, adding that he was unable to share details of transformation plans before Oct. 27.
https://www.reuters.com/business/finance/credit-suisse-has-strong-capital-base-liquidity-ceo-memo-2022-09-30/
Reads like "We fully support the coaching staff and the direction we are headed," right before the coach is cut loose.
Lol, I'm not vouching for or against their statement, just sharing the news.

You might be right. We see people all the time swearing that something isn't happening when the rest of the world can clearly see it is.
YouBet
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

evestor1 said:

My link to CS quit in spring after 20 years. I guess he saw it coming.

I hope all the liberals at investment banks go bankrupt someday. The conservatives...I wish better upon!
Tech heavy Nasdaq is down over 20% since Biden took over. LOTS of wealth lost by those supporting Dems and ESG. Hope it was worth it.
And they continue to double down on it.
techno-ag
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

Quote:

I wish them well. Along with the one person who starred your post who must have shares in CS.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Adverse Event
Weird.
Kozmozag
To big to fail
Clob94

Uh....... this is bad. Like.... really bad.
richardag
DallasAg 94 said:

I have a plan... divest investments in O&G and Agriculture and invest heavily in Wind, Solar, and ESG.
The bank(s) that drop this idiocy should make a fortune.
Those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it.
Edmund Burke
techno-ag
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

MemphisAg1 said:

Quote:

Reads like "We fully support the coaching staff and the direction we are headed," right before the coach is cut loose.
Lol, I'm not vouching for or against their statement, just sharing the news.

You might be right. We see people all the time swearing that something isn't happening when the rest of the world can clearly see it is.

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
C@LAg
Clob94 said:

Laughs in Soros.
Stat Monitor Repairman
smucket
AG
Their securitized products group is fantastic and profitable. When they told me they were shopping SP I knew there was trouble.
techno-ag
AG
Not looking better tonight. Will be interesting to see how the market reacts in the morning.

https://www.benzinga.com/amp/content/29111470
Quote:

Credit Suisse's Credit Default Swaps, or CDS, a derivative instrument that allows an investor to swap their credit risk with another investor, surged on Friday, reflecting the market perception of increasing risk. It is now approaching the highs seen during the 2008 financial crisis, which saw U.S. investment bank Lehman Brothers go bankrupt.

ETA the Financial Times has a pretty sober look at the issues: https://www.ft.com/content/6104a699-fa7f-4a81-9c35-a9a2f8ff92d2

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
91AggieLawyer
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

Quote:

Yeah, strong capital base and liquidity position of banks are rarely important in their stock price performance. Analysts look at twitter feeds now.

(Sadly, some probably do, but I doubt the former has NOTHING to do with anything.)
Swan Song
AG
richardag said:

DallasAg 94 said:

I have a plan... divest investments in O&G and Agriculture and invest heavily in Wind, Solar, and ESG.
The bank(s) that drop this idiocy should make a fortune.
They're called credit unions.
YouBet
AG
Lot of people still saying there is no way 2008 will happen again. I'm sure as hell not that confident.
Sq 17
Don't leave out probably their most lucrative service , laundering oligarch money,
that is a revenue area that has to be way down in the last 6 months
CDUB98
nortex97
AG
Sq 17 said:

Don't leave out probably their most lucrative service , laundering oligarch money,
that is a revenue area that has to be way down in the last 6 months
Is it? With the billions we are throwing at various causes like Ukraine? I'm skeptical the Hunter Biden/Pelosi/HRC's of the world are really dealing with a lack of cash flow.
tremble
AG
The oligarch population in Russia was much bigger than any other. The added bonus of cutting out the legs from half of the Uk oligarchs who were pro-Russia probably didn't help either.
HumbleAg04
AG
They got Bill Hwang'd.

The greed is unfathomable to knowingly let that guy play with billions.
nortex97
AG
tremble said:

The oligarch population in Russia was much bigger than any other. The added bonus of cutting out the legs from half of the Uk oligarchs who were pro-Russia probably didn't help either.
Russian energy oligarchs are benefitting, not suffering, from the sanctions/war. The manchin green new deal alone offset any graft from other suffering russian oligarchs dropping.
LMCane
Clob94 said:

just opened a new position in Deutsche Bank.

come on Germans!!
techno-ag
AG
LMCane said:

Clob94 said:

just opened a new position in Deutsche Bank.

come on Germans!!
CS is back above $4 in this rally. Barely.

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.