BYU being targeted with another race hoax?

4,086 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
redcrayon said:

C@LAg said:

redcrayon said:

JWinTX said:

Yeah, because Mormons in 2022 are just so well-known for their racist and immoral ways.

Seriously, Mormons are the nicest people you ever meet. At work, neighborhood, or in school, these people are the ones that the other faiths want to claim as their normal behaviors. Clean, devoted, and nice.

Outwardly.
I would take a Mormon as a friend or employee over any other religion.

Cool. I lived in Utah for a short stint. I saw some really messed up stuff done in the name of Mormonism. There's an ugly undercurrent that I never knew existed. A LOT of the women and teen girls were absolutely miserable but you wouldn't have known that by just looking at them. There's a VERY high value placed on appearances.

That said, I don't believe these race accusations at all.

Ditto. There is a lot of legalism in Mormonism and an ugly underside, but I don't believe these accusations either.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
torrid
AG
redcrayon said:

C@LAg said:

redcrayon said:

JWinTX said:

Yeah, because Mormons in 2022 are just so well-known for their racist and immoral ways.

Seriously, Mormons are the nicest people you ever meet. At work, neighborhood, or in school, these people are the ones that the other faiths want to claim as their normal behaviors. Clean, devoted, and nice.

Outwardly.
I would take a Mormon as a friend or employee over any other religion.

Cool. I lived in Utah for a short stint. I saw some really messed up stuff done in the name of Mormonism. There's an ugly undercurrent that I never knew existed. A LOT of the women and teen girls were absolutely miserable but you wouldn't have known that by just looking at them. There's a VERY high value placed on appearances.

That said, I don't believe these race accusations at all.
This is why all these accusations against BYU don't pass the smell test. Any other Mormons in attendance would simply not put up with it. Doesn't matter if it is a football game with ten of thousands of people attending, or a volley/soccer game with tens of people attending.
wbt5845
AG
When that first incident occurred, the first thing I posted on that thread was "how could this happen and all the goody two-shoed Mormons around the dude not say a word?"

Turns out it was because it didn't happen.
CanyonAg77
AG
Mormons chanting anything during the National Anthem, much less racial slurs, just doesn't pass the smell test.

The only chanting you'd hear from Mormons during the Anthem would be

"Oh say, can you see…"
happy days
That was a Let's Go Brandon chant.
Serotonin
AG
I went to urban public schools growing up and can confirm this type of behavior.

We had a young man who was a Mormon and the young black men at my high school had to constantly live in fear of him from the harassment and intimidation.
Ol Rock
AG
I'm all for turning the other cheek, but BYU should sue these Universities for slander unless they come out with a strong apology and punish the students who are trying to gain fame via a political hit job by racist leftests .

We should do it as well if this happened to us, but I doubt we would.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Stand up, lying ****s
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.