MTG Divorce and a reminder

13,863 Views | 159 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by An L of an Ag
Athanasius
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A reminder that most of us on TexAgs seem to ignore over and over...

Character matters.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11260893/Marjorie-Taylor-Greenes-husband-files-DIVORCE-just-years-met-gym-manager-lover.html

Here's a quick list of virtues and vices. Our public officials, to be true servants of the Republic, ought to demonstrate the virtues and avoid the vices. By electing people with character is the true way to lasting change.

The GOOD:
  • Chastity
  • Temperance
  • Charity
  • Diligence
  • Patience
  • Kindness
  • Humility

The BAD:

• Wrath
  • Greed
  • Sloth
  • Pride
  • Lust
  • Envy
  • Gluttony
ocling
AG
The nature of today's politics draws self-absurd, generally ****ty people. To both sides of the isle.
Sea Speed
AG
Athanasius said:

• Wrath
  • Greed
  • Sloth
  • Pride
  • Lust
  • Envy
  • Gluttony

Whats in the boooooooox
CDUB98
AG
MTG is the Republican version of AOC. dumb as a box of rocks and a waste of taxpayer money.

Wish she would have been primaried.
CDUB98
AG
Sea Speed said:

Athanasius said:

• Wrath
  • Greed
  • Sloth
  • Pride
  • Lust
  • Envy
  • Gluttony

Whats in the boooooooox

Apparently, everyone.
Secolobo
AG
Who got a BJ in the whitehouse?
Deplorable
Nah, disagree.

Trump cheated on his wives and chased tail. But politically he was freaking great.

Being a narcissist with questionable morals is a long tradition with great politicians. Jefferson ****ed his slaves. Hell, Ben Franklin had literal kids skeletons in his basement for some reason.
black_ice
Secolobo said:

Me
c-jags
CDUB98 said:

MTG is the Republican version of AOC. dumb as a box of rocks and a waste of taxpayer money.

ditto.

i'm not saying i don't like firebrands and they don't serve their purpose, but she's never been it.

i will say she does have an interesting story about how they tried to do a voice vote, it passed, she called BS then called a (quorom?) and then the whole house came in and had to vote on record and it failed.

was a good highlight to how lazy and ineffective people were.

she's a lot like Trump, I'm sure i agree with a lot of things he votes for, but there could be a lot better messengers out there.
Tom Doniphon
Sea Speed said:

Athanasius said:

• Wrath
  • Greed
  • Sloth
  • Pride
  • Lust
  • Envy
  • Gluttony

Whats in the boooooooox

John Doe has the upper hand...
Get Off My Lawn
Politicians are mercenaries. Don't care.
AGHouston11
AG
Look after the nationwide acceptance of the BIDEN family who is actually in the Whitehouse leading the country there isn't a lower bar to measure by any longer
FamousAgg
Secolobo said:

Probably every president ever.
cisgenderedAggie
Quote:

Chastity

aggiedent
AG
My parents taught me that a persons character matters more than anything else about them. I always applied that to my political decision making.

20 years ago I would never had voted for Trump. I thought the man was malignant long before he came into politics and nothing he has done since, has changed my mind.

But…………………., there is a problem to that now. The quality of human being (character, morals, ethics, etc.) on both sides of the aisle has generally declined the last 20-30 years.

If I refused to vote for someone because of ethical/moral reasons, I probably couldn't vote for anyone.

So now I vote solely based on political philosophical alignment. It is what it is.
doubledog
ocling said:

The nature of today's politics draws self-absurd, generally ****ty people. To both sides of the isle.
We need idiots on the right to offset idiots on the left, to draw attention away from the idiots in the middle.

FYI : Replace the word "idiot" with a descriptor of your choosing.
Old Army Ghost
Caliber
AG
cisgenderedAggie said:

Quote:

Chastity

Do a google search, male chastity is a huge kink. So maybe it's not the virtue most are thinking it is.
oh no
AG
Quote:

Marjorie Taylor Greene praises her husband after he filed for divorce - following her affairs with gym manager and tantric sex guru: 'He gave me the best job title you can ever earn: Mom'
  • Marjorie Taylor Greene 's husband is filing for divorce from the controversial 48-year-old Georgia Republican congresswoman
  • Husband, Perry Greene, filed for divorce on Tuesday after 27 years of marriage
  • The pair were married in August 1995 whilst she was still a student at the University of Georgia - the pair brought up three children, all now adults
  • In 2012, Marjorie Taylor Greene had filed for divorce following affairs with tantric sex guru Craig Ivey and fitness gym manager Justin Tway
  • Last year it was revealed how she planned to leave Perry in July 2012 but reconciled with him two months later
  • Divorce papers show Taylor Greene blamed the marriage breakdown on their relationship being 'irretrievably broken'
  • She had met her two lovers while working at a gym in Georgia in 2012
  • The court papers note that she and her husband were able to reconcile possibly because her affairs with Ivey and Tway had come to an end

So this lady cheated on her husband more than 10 years ago, almost got divorced a decade ago, but reconciled. And now that their children are all grown adults, they're getting divorced. Not my plan with my wife, but he that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. I'm not sure this should necessarily preclude her from American politics. I think she has said a lot of the right things as far as putting America first and against all the globalist establishment America-last policies, but she's been a bit of a side show distraction and the D controlled house has kept her blackballed off committees as a junior rep. I think she ran unopposed in a district in GA. If someone better runs in her district next time, the voters there will respond, but I don't see how her decade old adultery or divorce should be some huge story or referendum against her right now. How many wives had Trump had before he was POTUS?
oh no
AG
aggiedent said:

My parents taught me that a persons character matters more than anything else about them. I always applied that to my political decision making.

20 years ago I would never had voted for Trump. I thought the man was malignant long before he came into politics and nothing he has done since, has changed my mind.

But…………………., there is a problem to that now. The quality of human being (character, morals, ethics, etc.) on both sides of the aisle has generally declined the last 20-30 years.

If I refused to vote for someone because of ethical/moral reasons, I probably couldn't vote for anyone.

So now I vote solely based on political philosophical alignment. It is what it is.

exactly. What? are we supposed to put someone like Mike Pence up against corrupt crime families like the Bidens?
cisgenderedAggie
Caliber said:

cisgenderedAggie said:

Quote:

Chastity

Do a google search, male chastity is a huge kink. So maybe it's not the virtue most are thinking it is.

Emoticon checks out.
torrid
AG
I find it pretty easy to judge MTG as a vile human being without regard to her personal life from ten years ago. In fact, being able to patch up her marriage and make it work at least until the kids are grown is probably one of the more humanizing things about her.
AgNav93
AG
John F. Kennedy
Caliber
AG
cisgenderedAggie said:

Caliber said:

cisgenderedAggie said:

Quote:

Chastity

Emoticon checks out.
intentional use of the ballgag icon.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
CDUB98 said:

She's one of the bath salts Republicans.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
tk111
AG
Any time someone is naive enough to start talking about character and integrity when it comes to how they'll vote I can't resist a giant eyeroll.

I've got news: If you go pursuing what you think looks like character/integrity/morality/whatever in politicians, you're absolutely going to be sorely disappointed.

You vote based on how their platform for policy will affect your life, and hopefully they have a history of generally sticking to those policies. Boggles my mind how many airheads act like they are still voting for 7th grade class president.
titan
S

One thing is for sure. They cannot have read many political biographies even about good and well acclaimed leaders. Especially if going to focus on relations with women.

These days it is beside the point--- really don't think our election system and media process type promotes other than the egotistical at the minimum much. Let alone self-serving.
AVX Engineer
AG
Romans 3:23
Matthew 7:3-5
Aggie83
ABATTBQ11
AG
Secolobo said:

Everyone
oh no
AG
torrid said:

I find it pretty easy to judge MTG as a vile human
Why?
agracer
AG
aggiedent said:

No it hasn't, you just hear about it more now.

Kennedy was a womanizing skirt chaser and he's still revered by everyone as some great President and leader. The media just kept quite about his affairs.
The Banned
OG UNF said:

Nah, disagree.

Trump cheated on his wives and chased tail. But politically he was freaking great.

Being a narcissist with questionable morals is a long tradition with great politicians. Jefferson ****ed his slaves. Hell, Ben Franklin had literal kids skeletons in his basement for some reason.

This, especially the narcissist part, is the unfortunate truth. What George Washington did by walking away from power is a rare moment that helped this country become what it did. A couple hundred years later, we're much more likely to see someone win power and refuse to relinquish it.
bigcat22
AG
aggiedent said:

Feel the same way. The last "morally ethical" president was Jimmy Carter and we all know how that turned out
twk
AG
MTG appeals to people who think politics should be more like professional wrestling. Unfortunately, there's not much more to her than that.
TRADUCTOR
You could say the affairs were 'age appropriate'. But that is it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.