Murder or no?

21,110 Views | 302 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Stasco
JT05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Clean kill. Dude is a trained badass for sure.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
My take:

1. Depends on which state
2. The dead robber didn't appear to attack the clerk; just grab and go
3. I wonder if the clerk had been robbed at gun pint before? That could come into play.

My defense would be to show that I'd been robbed at gunpoint before or attacked during a robbery (if it was true)

Then I'd also show the likelihood of armed robbery in my area for stores of a similar type.

It is reasonable that he felt threatened merely because of the likelihood that during a robbery the perpetrators were likely to have weapons and to use them against him based on history (if true) and stats for the area.

ETA: I like the opinion that when the dude jumped over the counter he was an immediate threat; the Asian clerk just happened to have INSANELY fast decision making and reflexive talent...

As soon as the robber jumped he made the decision that he was going to have to defend himself and he took action. That is very reasonable and should hold up.
FaceMask
MemphisAg1 said:

I'm just so sick of criminals killing, hurting, and stealing from innocent people -- and getting a pass from leftist politicians in charge -- that I no longer care about people fighting back with a disproportionate response.

It's going to get worse if the libs don't crack down on crime.

Memphis just elected a Soros DA...be prepared for Chiraq style criminals on the loose.
TyHolden
AG
Did he die?
Fightin_Aggie
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

I'm not stabbing some fool over $50 because a lawyer costs WAY more than that
Then you will probably be killed if the perp wants to kill you and not just steal

My Dad's friends mom was choked to death with a neck tie over $6 in front of her kids

I don't want that to happen to anyone. If you fear for your life I suggest using deadly force without hesitation or you may die, that is the world will live in.

The pos that killed my Dad's friends Mom was executed on Texas death row, not really a happy ending but the best justice can do.

Defend yourself, don't depend on hope. A lawyer is cheap compared to the value of your life.
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Loyalty
AG
Rex Racer said:

The perpetrator was white. Not murder.
Oh well, he'll be fine. No charges.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
agsalaska said:

So,

Who died??

Well I didn't have the whole clip at the time I posted; thought for sure that robber bit the dust with the stab to the back of his neck.
TyHolden
AG
what did he stab him with? a knife?
LMCane
GOP needs to run these kinds of ads every day until November

violent crime and theft has exploded in every city in the USA since Biden took over
oh no
AG
LMCane said:

violent crime and theft has exploded in every city in the USA
this is intentional
ShaggySLC
LMCane said:

GOP needs to run these kinds of ads every day until November

violent crime and theft has exploded in every city in the USA since Biden took over
Who's going to run them?
Corn Pop
Seven Costanza said:

This is a more complete clip.

Perp: "don't let me die, sir"

Clerk: "shut up"

Perp: " it wasn't my idea"

Hahaha. Dumbass played a stupid game and won a stupid prize. **** him. Lib DA's keep playing games we're going to see A LOT more of this. I'd absolutely not convict store owner of any charges based on that short video.
OneProudAg
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

I'm not stabbing some fool over $50 because a lawyer costs WAY more than that
After how many times you get robbed? You will be bankrupt either way. Most people I know are family first.
Ags4DaWin
He was going to let them take **** and go until the one hopped the counter.

At that point he did not know what that guy was going to intend to do or what the other guy with a mask was going to do.

It's a two on one situation, they have already shown a willingness to disobey the law (steal) and you have no idea if they will become violent especially since the guy hopped the counter AFTER the clerk told them they could take whatever they grabbed and go.

Anyone stating the clerk should have waited for the thief to brandish a weapon- I hope u get put in this position one day, follow your own advice, have a knife or gun pulled on you, and then have the pleasure of finding out exactly what your recommended course of action results in.

It has nothing to do with protecting property and everything to do with what the clerk was reasonably in fear of in the moment the masked individual hopped the counter in a 2 on 1 situation.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Rapier108 said:

Borderline either way. Really going to depend on how the state's law is written. (Personally, I'm not losing any sleep over the guy being killed.)

Biggest question is if the perp displayed a weapon which I didn't see. Also, the perp did not advance on the clerk or even really pay attention to him. He looked to just be trying to grab the smokes.

I think the owner is probably going to be in trouble.
You right.

I see the clerk as the aggressor here.

I'm pretty sure he has a duty to retreat here.

He wasn't in imminent danger of serious bodily harm … imo.

Bottom line is he ran towards the guy.

You can't use deadly force to defend personal property. At least not in this situation.

So thats the problem the guys got. If somebody brought this case under the right circumstances … I think you in real trouble. Jury might nullify but if they follow the law you might be in real trouble here.

Everybody on here would have shot the mfer 8 times. I get that.

But,

You got to really look into and think about whats going on here. And it might not be what you think.
TyHolden
AG
this - no way he knew what that guy's intentions were.
eric76
AG
BQ_90 said:

Other thread said the guy didn't die
Yeah, but the guy said he was dead.
Jayhawk
Corn Pop said:

Seven Costanza said:

This is a more complete clip.

Perp: "don't let me die, sir"

Perp: " it wasn't my idea"

Hahaha. Dumbass played a stupid game and won a stupid prize. **** him. Lib DA's keep playing games we're going to see A LOT more of this. I'd absolutely not convict store owner of any charges based on that short video.
This guy is cool as a cucumber making that 911 call too. Like he was calling animal control about a raccoon or something. So mild mannered too, you'd never know what he is capable of. I am a little bit in awe of that guy, most guys even if they had the knife skills would probably afterwards be a little short of breath and freaking out a bit.

Edit to add: The thief forfeited his life when he assaulted over the counter and entered the protected space of the shop.
Not a Bot
AG

That's the issue. Rekieta frequently has Andrew Branca on his show. Branca is an attorney who is an expert in use of force and self-defense law. It's all he does. A lot of people have misguided ideas of what the law allows and does not allow you to do in a situation like this.

He has a Youtube channel and I suspect he will be covering this case.
Kashchei
AG
You think that clerk wanted to be in that situation? He was forced into it and did what he felt he had to do. He now deserves to have his life ruined because some of Obama's white sons thought they should git somma dat?
City Dumme
Great work but next time stab harder and faster.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
MouthBQ98 said:

As much as I utterly dispose property crimes like theft, did they have arms, make a threat of force, or initiate an attack on his person, or were they just trying a grab and run?

I'd agree if they came at him into reach and he was outnumbered he definitely had a right to defend a perceived threat. The question is if he can pursue to continue the defense?

How would he know if they had guns or not and were about to blast him?
Ags4DaWin
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Rapier108 said:

Borderline either way. Really going to depend on how the state's law is written. (Personally, I'm not losing any sleep over the guy being killed.)

Biggest question is if the perp displayed a weapon which I didn't see. Also, the perp did not advance on the clerk or even really pay attention to him. He looked to just be trying to grab the smokes.

You right.

I see the clerk as the aggressor here. yes...the clerk walked up on two innocently masked kids, forced one of them to jump the counter.

I'm pretty sure he has a duty to retreat here. ummm there was no exit. Did you not see that the guy jumping the counter was between the clerk and the employee area. His accomplice was at the store entrance. The clerk had nowhere to retreat to.

He wasn't in imminent danger of serious bodily harm … imo.so you knew for certain the second you saw those two thugs wearing masks and baggy clothes that they did not have a gun on them or a knife? You wanna bet your life on that? I mean, I know you're willing to bet the clerk's life on that- i mean its not your life so that's real easy for you to do with all the authority of a beer bellied Monday Morning quarterback-...but would you bet YOUR life? How about if there was even a 1% one of these thugs had a knife on them...would you take the chance and hope that this one was not the one time out of a hundred? Or is your life worth that 1% chance?

Bottom line is he ran towards the guy. there were two of them. They had separated. He had no idea what all they were going to do...he had a chance to defend himself 1 on 1 with one of the robbers when the thug jumped the counter and neutralize that threat so that after that instead of 2 on 1 it was now 1 on 1 and the only remaining threat was the thug near the store entrance. This is a sound tactical decision

You can't use deadly force to defend personal property. At least not in this situation.

So thats the problem the guys got. If somebody brought this case under the right circumstances … I think you in real trouble. Jury might nullify but if they follow the law you might be in real trouble here.maybe but that's only because people like you have been groomed to believe that it's your duty to be a victim before you are allowed to defend yourself and that it is your duty to sit there and take it until a male more masculine than yourself wearing a blue uniform and carrying a badge shows up to do what you're too afraid to do

But,

You got to really look into and think about whats going on here. And it might not be what you think.yeah...this 30 second interaction with masked thieves left the clerk alot of time to sit back and reflect before they robbed the store and jumped the counter. That clerk really should have taken the time to meditate on this situation before reacting to protect himself from the people threatening him. Shame on him for not removing himself from the situation, asking for a brief time out, so he could gather himself and react appropriately to a situation that would have left you with a big wet spot on the front of your trousers.

I have nothing but contempt for your line of thinking. You have obviously never been in a situation like this and know nothing about it.
JamesBREI06
AG
Why would anyone ever work retail if you can't protect yourself?
Whirligigs
Like somebody posted before - cops and politicians have no intention of protecting normal citizens. At some point, citizens are going to be forced to take matters into their own hands.
TyHolden
AG
Whirligigs said:

Like somebody posted before - cops and politicians have no intention of protecting normal citizens. At some point, citizens are going to be forced to take matters into their own hands.
at some point it's going to be better to have cameras turned off while the store is open.....just take care of bizness and hide the evidence.
Seven Costanza
AG

A 60-year old clerk in NY was recently charged with murder after stabbing a guy that went behind the counter to attack him. The charges were eventually dropped amid public pressure, but the clerk had to spend 6 days in jail.
TyHolden
AG
Seven Costanza said:

A 60-year old clerk in NY was recently charged with murder after stabbing a guy that went behind the counter to attack him. The charges were eventually dropped amid public pressure, but the clerk had to spend 6 days in jail.
link?
Fat Black Swan
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Rapier108 said:

You right.

I see the clerk as the aggressor here.

I'm pretty sure he has a duty to retreat here.

He wasn't in imminent danger of serious bodily harm … imo.

Bottom line is he ran towards the guy.

So thats the problem the guys got. If somebody brought this case under the right circumstances … I think you in real trouble. Jury might nullify but if they follow the law you might be in real trouble here.

But,

You got to really look into and think about whats going on here. And it might not be what you think.

This is friggin absurd. The aggressor was the *****wit who walked into the store masked up with an accomplice and jumped over the counter after being asked why he was was wearing a mask; and after he was asked to leave.

There's only one person responsible for that entire situation.
Stat Monitor Repairman
You are saying what you would say inside the jury room if you on the jury.

You making an emotional argument.

I'm telling you whats about to go down after its all over.

The video isn't a good look man.

There's no way around that fact.
eric76
AG
See
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/murder-or-self-defense-new-video-shows-nyc-bodega-worker-stab-man-inside-nyc-shop/3765929/

From the story:
Quote:

The 61-year-old is facing murder charges after police said he fatally stabbed a man inside a Washington Heights convenience store. There is growing outrage regarding his arrest, however, with many left wondering: Was it murder or self-defense?

Investigators said the brawl started after Simon's girlfriend tried paying for a bag of chips, but her card was declined.Surveillance video from inside the Blue Moon Convenience Store on Broadway, near 139th Street, shows 35-year-old Austin Simon storm behind the counter and shove Alba into a wall. Moments later, a fight breaks out, and Alba grabs a knife, stabbing Simon at least three times.

Investigators said the brawl started after Simon's girlfriend tried paying for a bag of chips, but her card was declined.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

I have nothing but contempt for your line of thinking. You have obviously never been in a situation like this and know nothing about it.
You'd be surprised man. You really would.
Not a Bot
AG
It isn't about what we think the guy deserved, it is what the law actually allows.

At the moment he was stabbed, the guy was using both hands to take things from the shelf. At the moment he was stabbed, he was not accosting the clerk. The clerk stabbed him and in fact it was the clerk who quickly closed the distance and stabbed him when it may not have been necessary to prevent imminent risk to his life. Imminence is a huge legal factor in self defense claims. That's going to be the major point of contention moving forward IMO.

This is a big difference from the NY case. In the NY case, the guy was being physically and verbally threated with bodily harm and the threat was still imminent.
TyHolden
AG
thanks - i hope he got off. that's ridiculous.
eric76
AG
The video is also at

https://nypost.com/2022/07/05/video-shows-nyc-bodega-worker-allegedly-stabbing-man-to-death/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.