Some Good News As We Approach Independence Day

2,376 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by An L of an Ag
LegalDrugPusher
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just spoke with my nephew Marine Corporal attached with the Black Knights F-35 squadron out of Miramar has made it back to the United States from a 6 month deployment to Asia as the USS Abraham Lincoln entered Peal Harbor today and will be back home to San Diego on August 10.

Encountered some Chinese subs near Singapore and Taiwan and pilots would come back telling about doing experimental dog fights with Chinese pilots. Had some Russian MiGS fly over a few times.

Semper Fidelis!!
fullback44
AG
Good stuff
TresPuertas
AG
I guess i'm not understanding. Are we working WITH the Chinese?
LegalDrugPusher
TresPuertas said:

I guess i'm not understanding. Are we working WITH the Chinese?

Good question! I asked my nephew that same question he said No!!
CanyonAg77
AG
Better news than saving 16 cents on hot dogs
SKY1
Gigem314
AG
Were they…keeping up foreign relations?

You know…giving them the bird?
Old Sarge
AG
I'd think that doing "experimental" dogfights with Chinese aircraft would be a no-go unless we were sandbagging them.

But then, we are in unique times.
Green is the new RED.
LegalDrugPusher
Old Sarge said:

I'd think that doing "experimental" dogfights with Chinese aircraft would be a no-go unless we were sandbagging them.

Don't shoot the messenger and I know you are not just relaying what my nephew was telling me. I didn't want to dig to hard into him he was at the Honolulu airport waiting on his GF to land, he has better things to be doing than talking to his uncle lol
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
LegalDrugPusher said:

Just spoke with my nephew Marine Corporal attached with the Black Knights F-35 squadron out of Miramar has made it back to the United States from a 6 month deployment to Asia as the USS Abraham Lincoln entered Peal Harbor today and will be back home to San Diego on August 10.

Encountered some Chinese subs near Singapore and Taiwan and pilots would come back telling about doing experimental dog fights with Chinese pilots. Had some Russian MiGS fly over a few times.

Semper Fidelis!!

LDP, I like you and a lot of what you stand for and I agree with most of what you have to say…

But you really need to proof-read your posts. That first paragraph in your OP is the runniest of run-on sentences I think I've ever seen. Half the time you post I have to decipher what you're trying to say because your syntax and word choice are so disoriented; not to mention you have almost no concept of punctuation as a means of sentence fragmentation.

I really think you can be a voice for good in this forum (and more often than not you are), but you've got to work on your grammar.

The republic depends on it.

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
Stat Monitor Repairman
'Experimental'
LegalDrugPusher
Guy on a Buffalo said:

LegalDrugPusher said:

Semper Fidelis!!

LDP, I like you and a lot of what you stand for and I agree with most of what you have to say…

But you really need to proof-read your posts. That first paragraph in your OP is the runniest of run-on sentences I think I've ever seen. Half the time you post I have to decipher what you're trying to say because your syntax and word choice are so disoriented; not to mention you have almost no concept of punctuation as a means of sentence fragmentation.

I really think you can be a voice for good in this forum (and more often than not you are), but you've got to work on your grammar.

The republic depends on it.

Oh I understand it's because I'm multitasking and I don't take the time to actually type it out I just use Siri
Urban Ag
AG
Old Sarge said:

Not unique at all actually. This is the real world for AF and Naval aviators and always has been since the onset of the Cold War. This is all very common. We push, they push back. They push, we push back.

My buddies dad died in 2020 at 91, he was career AF fighter pilot. I loved his stories about being stationed in England in the last 50's to early 60's and "going to office" 3-4 times a week over the north Atlantic. They ****ed with each other so much he could tell his Soviet shadows by just the way they flew the plane.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Anyone inverted?
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Old Sarge
AG
Wow, Your Siri does well. Mine transcribes my voice like I was a 3rd Grade dropout with a facial deformity and a speech impediment.
Green is the new RED.
MaroonStain
AG
Old Sarge said:

Wow, Your Siri does well. Mine transcribes my voice like I was a 3rd Grade dropout with a facial deformity and a speech impediment.

Siri is great at pronouncing Hindi names...Spanish names ummm not so much...
LMCane
is your relative calling everyone by their "proper pronoun" on the Lincoln?!

because that seems to be pretty important for the US military in the last two months.
BoDog
AG
This thread became confusing very fast...
An L of an Ag
AG
To summarize:
1) speech to text sucks if you're drunk, hurried, or have any hint of accent
2) Top Gun is a damn cultural touchstone and if you haven't seen the sequel yet, get yer ass to a theater before July 4th!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.