Today is the day I realized I am a true Libertarian

9,322 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TheMasterplan
The Fall Guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Screw the right, Screw the left. I am not Anti Abortion nor Pro Abortion. There was a logical middle to all of this. RAPE, INCEST, HARM TO MOTHER. abort. Ypu having casual sex and get pregnant, condom breaks, Have the child.

The ones that want to tell me or others how to live Screw off. Too much power trip on both sides
AggieIce
AG
K
AggiePetro07
AG
So you don't like the idea of individuals being able to vote their conscience at the state level and decide for themselves? Weird.
Commander Gorn
AG
Artorias
AG
The Fall Guy said:

Screw the right, Screw the left. I am not Anti Abortion nor Pro Abortion. There was a logical middle to all of this. RAPE, INCEST, HARM TO MOTHER. abort. Ypu having casual sex and get pregnant, condom breaks, Have the child.

The ones that want to tell me or others how to live Screw off. Too much power tripon both sides
A lot of pro-life are open to exceptions in case of rape, incest, threat to mother, which is an extremely small % of all abortions. The vast majority are for convenience.
fixer
The Fall Guy said:

The ones that want to tell me or others how to live Screw off. Too much power trip on both sides

Sounds like today is the day you want to invent a new definition of libertarianism based on abortion.

But I'm just reading and interpreting your words.

BrotherChad
AG
"A prince is also esteemed when he shows himself a true friend or a true enemy, that is, when, without reservation, he takes his stand with one side or the other. This is always wiser than trying to be neutral, for if two powerful neighbors of yours fall out they are either of such sort that the victor may give you reason to fear him or they are not. In either case it will be better for you to take sides and wage an honest war." -- Niccol Machiavelli
oh no
AG
Just move to a libertarian state
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Capital L libertarians are the cosplay furries of the political world. Libertarianism has never, and will never be implemented at large scale in any country or society. It's great in theory (if you ignore reality and human nature), just like communism is great in theory at the "family/tiny village just trying to survive" level.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
Signel
AG
Libertarian can mean anything nowadays.

Technically this just lets the states decide, so if you really were, you'd be fine with it. You know. Liberty to decide in your own area.
Aggie Jurist
AG
Quote:

Still doesn't make it a Constitutional right. I'm also libertarian - the issue is left to the states, where the representatives are more accountable - and that's where it belongs.
LGB
txaggie_08
AG
The Fall Guy said:

Well….it sounds like you're anti-abortion except for certain, special cases. Soooo….

My Name Is Judge
TheScotus decision leaves it up to the states, Genius
Nitro Power
AG
The Fall Guy said:

When the mother files a false claim of rape or incest? The father's life is ruined trying to defend himself, and at that point the babies life is not only harmed, but terminated.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
javajaws
AG
The Fall Guy said:

You sound more like a dictator that wants to tell everyone else what is right vs wrong.

The best you'll ever get is what we have now - the ability for each state to decide for themselves. Some may indeed choose the position you espouse while others won't.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
A is A
AG
The Fall Guy said:

Please define Harm to Mother.

Do you not think that pregnancy is harmful? Have you pushed a baby out of your body? Have you had your organs shoved in places they do not belong due to a human inside you?

No, Harm to Mother is not a good reason for killing a human.
texagbeliever
The Fall Guy said:

You found this out today? On the day the Supreme Court ruled in favor of libertarian policy ie returning power to the states. Odd.
Htownag11
AG
If you oppose abortion because you believe it is killing a child, what does the mother previously being raped have to do with it?

You kill the child because its biological father was a rapist?

Not saying that is where I stand, but always thought these carveouts made no sense.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
The Fall Guy said:

1. "There was a logical middle to all this" is not how the Court works...either Roe and Casey prevail or they don't. The Court doesn't have the power to just legislate rape, incest, harm to mother as the new law of the land.

2. "There was a logical middle to all this" doesn't make a libertarian.
Marcus Brutus
Here is an idea...

Vote to do whatever you want in the state in which you live.

Giving the decision to a central Federal Court is not libertarian. Power and decision making should always be as close to the people affected as possible, in this case the state.
fixer
Essentially the same approach to Libertarianism based on freedom to get high.
The Fall Guy
AG
If your daughter is raped or a creepy relative gets her pregnant she must suffer the consequences right? If you think that way you won't be going up after the afterlife. You supported evil.

Already said ypu have promiscuous sex and get pregnant 100 percent have the child.
BrotherChad
AG
The Fall Guy said:

If your daughter is raped or a creepy relative gets her pregnant she must suffer the consequences right? If you think that way you won't be going up after the afterlife. You supported evil.

Already said ypu have promiscuous sex and get pregnant 100 percent have the child.
Emotional language, did not register
aggietony2010
AG
The Fall Guy said:

Congrats on showing your ignorance on this issue and lack of morality.
A is A
AG
aggietony2010 said:

The Fall Guy said:

Congrats on showing your ignorance on this issue and lack of morality.
double whammy for fall guy. yikes.
The Fall Guy
AG
Htownag11 said:

If you oppose abortion because you believe it is killing a child, what does the mother previously being raped have to do with it?

You kill the child because its biological father was a rapist?

Not saying that is where I stand, but always thought these carveouts made no sense.

Yikes...
FireAg
AG
Artorias said:

The Fall Guy said:

The ones that want to tell me or others how to live Screw off. Too much power tripon both sides
A lot of pro-life are open to exceptions in case of rape, incest, threat to mother, which is an extremely small % of all abortions. The vast majority are for convenience.
That's where I stand on abortions...
aggietony2010
AG
The Fall Guy said:

What crime/evil did the child being murdered commit in these rape/incest examples?
Dad-O-Lot
AG
Why is the baby punished for rape or incest?

How would you define "harm" to the mother? By whose judgment? Is an episiotomy, or the possibility of an episiotomy enough justification to be called "harm" to the mother and allow an abortion?

Labor is painful. Is that enough to justify a "harm to the mother" exception?

While these exceptions make one appear to be "middle of the road" on the subject of abortion, for someone who believes human life is sacred and that that life starts at conception, these exceptions are unprincipled compromises which deny the humanity of the life within the womb.

Where else is it considered just to punish a child for the crimes of their father?
Coog97
A is A said:

The Fall Guy said:

Please define Harm to Mother.

Do you not think that pregnancy is harmful? Have you pushed a baby out of your body? Have you had your organs shoved in places they do not belong due to a human inside you?

No, Harm to Mother is not a good reason for killing a human.
“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
Silvertaps
AG
Seems people jumped to emotional reactions to the decision rather than first understanding it. The decision was made that this is NOT, and should NEVER have been, a federal matter. It's a matter of the people to decide and should stay at the state level. Not sure what Libertarianism has to do with it. In a nut shell: IT WASN'T BANNED!
deddog
AG
The Fall Guy said:

A true libertarian would be glad states can now decide the issue and an individual has the liberty to move to whichever state they want. The people of the state can decide and they can change the law
Marcus Brutus
The Fall Guy said:

There are these things called cars and planes that can take your daughter to kill her baby in another state.
Get Off My Lawn
It is indisputably HOMICIDE.

In our system, homicide is handled at the STATE level. Murder vs Self-Defense vs Involuntary (etc).

The USSC returned an improperly acquired power back to the state.

A true libertarian (of any flavor) would realize that it was the correct call.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Looks like the Fall Guy took a beating for himself this time

ouch
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.