This does NOT help November mid-terms for Republicans at all

10,413 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by The Dog Lord
Agthatbuilds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DDub74 said:

this might be a victory for conservatives, but this will be the rally cry for the Dems/Media for the next 6 months. No talk about economy and all the other sh*t wrong in this country.

It will be "Republicans took away your right to abortion, now they are coming for gay marriage, right to vote if your a minority . . " etc etc

There are a lot of women who are conservative or moderate that this is a hot button issue and they will lean towards the Dems when it comes time to vote.

Winning this battle will right now will greatly hurt the war come November. my two cents.

I disagree. It's not gonna change anything. Few, if any, will swap sides becuase of today. The right is already super motivated. Maybe the left will get more motivated but abortion will not overtake the economy so far as motivation goes.
LMCane
I just read that the Mississippi law in this case:

actually allows for an abortion in the first three months and then prohibits from 3 months-birth..

anyone else seeing that?
Marcus Brutus
The court did this, not the politicians running for office.

Dont even care. Abortions now illegal in my state. Go elsewhere to kill your kid.
Aggie95
AG
OP is clearly underestimating the level of stupidity the DEM's will go to in response to this. Packing the court, ending the filibuster, etc. They will overplay this in the next 4 to 6 weeks and piss people off again.
TexAgs91
AG
DDub74 said:

this might be a victory for conservatives, but this will be the rally cry for the Dems/Media for the next 6 months. No talk about economy and all the other sh*t wrong in this country.

It will be "Republicans took away your right to abortion, now they are coming for gay marriage, right to vote if your a minority . . " etc etc

There are a lot of women who are conservative or moderate that this is a hot button issue and they will lean towards the Dems when it comes time to vote.

Winning this battle will right now will greatly hurt the war come November. my two cents.

redball
Nitro Power said:

DDub74 said:

Will change nothing. The ****ty economy (which is going to get way worse between then and now), and that effects many more people than this. In the absence of cheating, its going to be a bloodbath in November.

ETA: There is no need to discuss the economy. Even the media cannot cover it up because people actually witness / feel / experience daily.
The proper word is "affects".
redcrayon
AG
Today is why you work hard to win elections. What good are election victories if they never affect the big issues that matter? If you're not pro-life, I can see how this doesn't mean anything to you but some of us have been praying for this day for years. The midterms are secondary to human lives.
Trucker 96
It's the economy, stupid.
redcrayon
AG
LMCane said:

I just read that the Mississippi law in this case:

actually allows for an abortion in the first three months and then prohibits from 3 months-birth..

anyone else seeing that?

And?
AzAg80
AG
They would have found something, if not this, to try and rally the base. I still remember the campaign ad showing a "Republican" trying to push Granny over a cliff in a wheel chair. Something about Social Security or Medicare I think. Then there was the one about Republicans wanting to starve school children. They'll use whatever issue is handy or just make something up. If you are afraid of doing what's right then they've already won.
TAMUallen
AG
It helps because people love God and good.

The media and screaming women who want abortions don't represent this God blessed country.
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
DDub74 said:

well then screw the babies and let them die?

jwright4288
AG
If you believe abortion is murder (which is pretty much the reason anyone is pro-life) this post is absurd.

You're ok with murdering millions of babies if it gets more republicans elected?
dmart90
AG
This was the correct ruling. Legislating from the bench is not acceptable. But there are consequences:

• There are state laws that make abortion all but illegal. So in some places, abortion is effectively illegal. Get ready for the sob stories.
  • The Dems will use this to their advantage. They will bring legislation forward to make abortion legal nationwide, When it fails, they will use it as a trigger to get EVERY SINGLE liberal out to vote. The mid-terms were going to be low turnout for the Dems - Joe motivates no one. This issue will get them ALL out. This will out weigh the economy for those voters.
  • If a national abortion law is not passed - be prepared to see a significant increase in crime in about 15 years. We show very little interest in social spending when it comes to unwanted children.
Aggie95
AG
Also, this outcome has been known for several weeks. The ****-storm when the leak came out died down quickly due to economic and other issues.
The Dog Lord
AG
It's hard to know the full impact this will have on how people vote, especially since other things could happen before November. Many are entrenched in their views/party already, but even a small number of individuals who switch sides impact our elections.

I've already heard someone say they intend to vote D even though they aren't fans of Biden or the rest. It wasn't just today's decision though, it was Clarence Thomas's additional comments that have them feeling like that.

Again, it may not be the majority of people, but there are some who have a wide range of views. That person who was pissed today is a supporter of the 2A, and their family member who is happy today is generally conservative but thinks people are crazy for fighting for 2A rights in light of all the shootings.
Old McDonald
if anything this is the most opportune time for this to happen. with inflation and gas prices as bad as they are, this might temper the red wave but certainly won't stop it. americans have short memories.
Agthatbuilds
Old McDonald said:

if anything this is the most opportune time for this to happen. with inflation and gas prices as bad as they are, this might temper the red wave but certainly won't stop it. americans have short memories.

If gas is still $5 a gallon and groceries costs are still extremely inflated, no one except extreme partisans will care about this ruling
Ags77
AG
You do what is right and let the chips fall where they will. IF you lose some elections it shouldn't stop you from doing what is right.
WolfCall
AG
DDub74 said:

Rush was right. Pro-Life is right/correct and it is a winning proposition.
JoeAggie5
OP is right, a month's worth of riots / lawlessness by the left will definitely swing votes in November. And economists have always said the best thing for the economy is a riot.
BoydCrowder13
Red wave will still happen with the economy the way it is. It is too prevalent in people's lives. However, the Dems really didn't have anything at all to run on prior to today. Nothing. Now they could at least run on Roe v Wade codification. Socially liberal but fiscally conservative Republicans may take the bait and it will reenergize the far left.
2023NCAggies
Nobody that is a true independent will care about this or remember this come election time. Just like the gun issue. Nobody will remember or care

The main thing voters are gonna care about is, why all they have in their pockets is lint
OldArmy71
AG

Quote:

it was Clarence Thomas's additional comments that have them feeling like that.
I agree with this.

I am a big fan of Thomas, but he should have kept his mouth shut on the other issues. Just more people to feel aggrieved and motivated to vote Dem.
96ags
AG
The Dog Lord said:

It's hard to know the full impact this will have on how people vote, especially since other things could happen before November. Many are entrenched in their views/party already, but even a small number of individuals who switch sides impact our elections.

I've already heard someone say they intend to vote D even though they aren't fans of Biden or the rest. It wasn't just today's decision though, it was Clarence Thomas's additional comments that have them feeling like that.

Again, it may not be the majority of people, but there are some who have a wide range of views. That person who was pissed today is a supporter of the 2A, and their family member who is happy today is generally conservative but thinks people are crazy for fighting for 2A rights in light of all the shootings.
Nope. They are NOT a supporter of the 2A.

They are however, either ill informed or intellectually immature.
IndividualFreedom
I'm surprised Cornyn didn't try to assassinate a supreme justice to swing the vote.
Stupe
S
Quote:

Then they aren't really Conservative.
WC87
AG
DDub74 said:

Could not be more wrong.
twk
AG
Stupe said:

Quote:

They they aren't really Conservative.
This. Maybe it hurts enthusiasm a tiny bit, but someone who tells you they voted D rather than R because of this decision was never going to vote R.
Muy
AG
Won't lib pro-baby-killers move to the same pro-baby-killer states?
How will that help Dems come November?
MallalieuAg
AG
Abortion is not the number one issue for many people.
91AggieLawyer
AG
DDub74 said:

People that think this have absolutely no political astuteness.

Let me clue you in:

1. There are far more pro-life folks than the so-called "pro-choice" (actually, pro-abortion; they care nothing about "choice"). It is just the latter group is louder -- MUCH louder. AT WORST, even those that can stomach abortion have never, once educated, feel that there is a "right" to it and aren't really bothered by an overturn of Roe.

2. There are many folks out there that have given up on the political process in general because they've seen our country degenerate into a leftist cesspool. They've quit voting and are now just fending for themselves. These folks are actually going to get excited about this kind of thing, thinking there is now hope -- they are finally seeing what a conservative President and Senate can do when put into power.

3. When has abortion itself ever been a huge voting issue?

The left has successfully programmed you to think in those terms, scaring you into believing that no movement on abortion is possible. Meanwhile, there has been no court action, little legislative action, and the horrific practice continues. TRUST ME: if the left had any thought, like you, that this decision would pay ANY dividend for them in November, they'd welcome it. They're scared ****less because they know its the end of the party for them.

IGNORE WHAT THEY SAY; PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THEY DO.
jt2hunt
AG
The feds cannot stop the inflation fast enough between now and November.
Squadron7
AG
DDub74 said:

"We have to elect our Republicans before we see what's in them!"
Ags77
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

DDub74 said:

People that think this have absolutely no political astuteness.

Let me clue you in:

1. There are far more pro-life folks than the so-called "pro-choice" (actually, pro-abortion; they care nothing about "choice"). It is just the latter group is louder -- MUCH louder. AT WORST, even those that can stomach abortion have never, once educated, feel that there is a "right" to it and aren't really bothered by an overturn of Roe.

2. There are many folks out there that have given up on the political process in general because they've seen our country degenerate into a leftist cesspool. They've quit voting and are now just fending for themselves. These folks are actually going to get excited about this kind of thing, thinking there is now hope -- they are finally seeing what a conservative President and Senate can do when put into power.

3. When has abortion itself ever been a huge voting issue?

The left has successfully programmed you to think in those terms, scaring you into believing that no movement on abortion is possible. Meanwhile, there has been no court action, little legislative action, and the horrific practice continues. TRUST ME: if the left had any thought, like you, that this decision would pay ANY dividend for them in November, they'd welcome it. They're scared ****less because they know its the end of the party for them.

IGNORE WHAT THEY SAY; PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THEY DO.

I agree with most of your thoughts, but I think you are wrong on #1.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.