This does NOT help November mid-terms for Republicans at all

10,465 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by The Dog Lord
AgNav93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DDub74 said:

this might be a victory for conservatives, but this will be the rally cry for the Dems/Media for the next 6 months. No talk about economy and all the other sh*t wrong in this country.

It will be "Republicans took away your right to abortion, now they are coming for gay marriage, right to vote if your a minority . . " etc etc

There are a lot of women who are conservative or moderate that this is a hot button issue and they will lean towards the Dems when it comes time to vote.

Winning this battle will right now will greatly hurt the war come November. my two cents.
The people who get fired up about this are never going to vote for a republican anyway. Besides do you really want to not do the right thing because you're afraid of what those degenerates will do? It's long past time to stop kow-towing to these low lifes.
4stringAg
AG
To the OP, do a search in the last week and find the thread that had polls showing what was important to the American people vs what the media and Dems talk about.

On the regular Americans list:
Economy
Gas Prices
Inflation
Jobs
Border security
Crime

On the Media's list:
Jan 6th
Abortion rights
Gun control
Climate Change

In the end, its the economy stupid will trump the efforts by Dems to gaslight their constituents.
aggietony2010
AG
DDub74 said:

this might be a victory for conservatives, but this will be the rally cry for the Dems/Media for the next 6 months. No talk about economy and all the other sh*t wrong in this country.

It will be "Republicans took away your right to abortion, now they are coming for gay marriage, right to vote if your a minority . . " etc etc

There are a lot of women who are conservative or moderate that this is a hot button issue and they will lean towards the Dems when it comes time to vote.

Winning this battle will right now will greatly hurt the war come November. my two cents.

Things like overturning Roe are the war. This is why you win political capital. To use it on things that are this important.

This and Bruen yesterday are two of the biggest victories against the massive creep of the federal government and the erosion of our constitutional rights in the last century.
The Debt
Oh no! Squishy republicans wont get elected.
RebelE Infantry
AG
DDub74 said:

Shut up and cry harder you sniveling coward. What is the point of "mUh eLeCtIoNs" if you don't have the guts to take a victory 50 years in the making? One of the pillars of the modern left has just been torn down. Our enemies are disorganized and distraught. The gates are open and the city ripe for the taking.

And you're out here muttering about votes.

How about you sit this one out and go watch commercials on Fox News for catheters and gold or whatever.
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
Gigem314
AG
twk said:

Democrats talking about abortion, while running the economy into the ditch, isn't going to help them with swing voters.
Nitro Power
AG
Signel said:

I know many dissagree with the OP because of the message, but it is true that the concerned moderates could swing back due to RvW.

I think the media is going to full-court press this and never let up. I think this is the "Midterm BLM" kickoff party.

"Hey it cost me 80 dollars to fill up my prius, but that is okay because they need to be punished for upholding the constitution and has nothing to do with me"

Okay
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
TAMU1990
AG
4stringAg said:

To the OP, do a search in the last week and find the thread that had polls showing what was important to the American people vs what the media and Dems talk about.

On the regular Americans list:
Economy
Gas Prices
Inflation
Jobs
Border security
Crime

On the Media's list:
Jan 6th
Abortion rights
Gun control
Climate Change

In the end, its the economy stupid will trump the efforts by Dems to gaslight their constituents.

Battle lines have been drawn and I'll take it. It will be a wipeout.
Silian Rail
DDub74 said:

Lol lmao. What's the point of winning if we don't do this stuff Gramps?
StoneCold99
AG
So you've told us you're just more concerned with winning than ACTUALLY getting things done that change the course of our country.

Ok.
Sgt. Schultz
AG
DDub74 said:

Not true. Abortion is still legal in the majority of states. This is a non-issue nationally as most states that oppose abortions are "red" states anyway. Its not going to change anything with respect to mid-terms. Sure, a few more libs may be motivated to vote. More people will be motivated simply because cannot afford to put food on the table due to inflation and because they can't afford to put gas in the car due to FJB and democrat policies .
Premium
AG
https://babylonbee.com/news/roe-v-wade-aborted-in-198th-trimester
lb3
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Do the right thing because it's the right thing.
And take what you can get when you can get it.

The days of Boehner telling us to be patient and wait until after the next election are finally over.
texagbeliever
Isn't it funny how liberals and moderates come in here screaming how American society wants abortions and that this issue is clearly a losing cause. As if their entire political stance isn't controlled by a 5 mild breeze of wind. News flash, society can shift back to Christian values just as quickly as it tolerated deviance.
Central Committee
AG
People vote their pocket books, first and foremost, and the dem policies, both in Congress and the Fed are killing the country with runaway inflation.

Most people only vote social issues when the economy is good.
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
OverSeas AG
AG
Why cant this be a rallying cry for conservatives to keep kicking ass??
DON'T TREAD ON ME
BMX Bandit

THIS ALSO WILL NOT HURT IN NOVEMBER

Little Rock Ag
AG
If every seat in the House and Senate were lost to the Democrats because of this, I do not care. LIFE is what matters here.
dead
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Also, nobody banned abortion. Stop being emotional.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3298529
some of yall need to take a break from texags before the internet brain worms set in for good
Gaw617
Conservatives don't care about political power or how many elections we win. We are focused on the constitution and principles. Killing a child is now illegal in many states. If saving the lives of children so that they can grow up and fully capture the value From the talents God has given them means we lose congressional seats I will rejoice in November.
I am always wrong
Ellis Wyatt said:

Do the right thing because it's the right thing.

This. If stopping the mass murder of innocent infant babies costs the right an election, then whatever, this country is doomed anyway. You can't punt on something as heinous as abortion just for the sake of political maneuvering. It's abundantly clear that this is just a speed bump on our way to full Sodom and Gomorrah status, but still, you have to do the right thing when you can. This is the right thing.
Waffledynamics
AG
Rapier108 said:

Abortion is such an entrenched issue that it is not going to change votes as much as you think it will.

SIAP, but I think this perspective overlooks the issue of voter turnout.
vansprinkle
AG
Maybe once people figure out that abortion was not just criminalized, nor taken away, and that no rights were lost from this correct ruling, then they will no longer care about RvW come November.
TXAggie2011
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Also, nobody banned abortion. Stop being emotional.

Sure. Overturning Roe v Wade didn't "ban it." But folks like the Texas AG immediately declaring that abortion is now illegal in their state and closing their offices as if it's a holiday…

They go hand in hand.

This is an issue that will "excite" younger voters to show up at the polls. Young voters showed up in higher numbers, too, in 2020, coming off a summer that fired them up.
javajaws
AG
I think this does hurt Republicans slightly...but it is what it is. SCOTUS had a duty to rule on this case and follow their constitutional beliefs to rule accordingly. For better or worse, it's just a fact we have to deal with.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
Iowaggie
AG
DDub74 said:

Democrats that really want to bring up gay marriage actually hurts them with many minority groups, or at least used to.

Every time someone goes to the gas pump, or sees an empty grocery shelf, they are reminded of the economy.
JCA1
AG
Ironically, I would bet a large amount of money that GOP political operatives secretly hate this ruling and Democrat political operatives secretly love it. GOP just lost a huge fundraiser and the Dems just gained one.
FJB
AG
OP, don't be weak. Do it what is right. Fight the good fight. Run the race.

To sit and ponder about the feelings of those who are literally killing babies…yeah no.
Who is John Galt?

numetalbizkitaggie
AG
I think the issue will be in the long run. By and large, the aborted are more likely to be liberals. Having more liberals be born isn't really great. I hope I am wrong.
Aggie95
AG
JCA1 said:

Ironically, I would bet a large amount of money that GOP political operatives secretly hate this ruling and Democrat political operatives secretly love it. GOP just lost a huge fundraiser and the Dems just gained one.
who the hell has extra money laying around to throw at political parties?
wbt5845
AG
Yeah, OP being a bit of a defeatist here.

I think by November, women will see all the hysteria of the Left was overblown. And the economy will still be awreck.

And as has been said by others:

Camrossmartin
"It's the economy, stupid."

We're in for a recession and economic crash, and all the Democrats will have to argue on that is woman should be entitled to kill their unborn (sometimes born) children, and that kids should get sex changes. That's their ONLY platform to stand on right now.

NO ONE is going to care when they can barely afford gas and food.
Rockdoc
AG
In November people aren't going to be worrying about abortion. They're going to be worrying about their deteriorating economic situation and what the dems are doing to the country.
Legal Custodian
AG
For a party that likes to throw around "be on the right side of history" like it's going out of style when it comes to the trans-movement, critical race theory, gay marriage, etc.

How can they view abortion as anything but barbaric and akin to the ancient greeks throwing unwanted newborns off the side of a cliff. Seriously, what will the "right side of history" be when a moral society 100 years from now looks at abortion?
LMCane
Rapier108 said:

Abortion is such an entrenched issue that it is not going to change votes as much as you think it will.
What happens to the leftists when many women realize they can still use the day after pill, and still get abortions in many states?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.