This does NOT help November mid-terms for Republicans at all

10,483 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by The Dog Lord
Bearpitbull
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gaw617 said:

Conservatives don't care about political power or how many elections we win. We are focused on the constitution and principles. Killing a child is now illegal in many states. If saving the lives of children so that they can grow up and fully capture the value From the talents God has given them means we lose congressional seats I will rejoice in November.

Now do freedom and how that is important too. Or is that just for masks? I get so confused.
Bearpitbull
wbt5845 said:

Yeah, OP being a bit of a defeatist here.

Now do helping kids killed in schools by guns. I will wait.

I think by November, women will see all the hysteria of the Left was overblown. And the economy will still be awreck.

And as has been said by others:

NormanAg
AG
Quote:

I think by November, women will see all the hysteria of the Left was overblown.
You've got to be kidding. Abortion has been a hot topic for women ever since Roe v Wade was made the law of the land.

I tend to agree with the OP - mostly. My take is this. Before today the big, and I mean HUGE, issue was the economy. And that issue resonates (resonated, now?) across party lines. But today's ruling gives the Dems/Libs (especially women) another HUGE issue, that IMO will change the dynamic in Dem/Lib states.

Up to now pundits and politicians (even a lot of Dems) have been predicting a Red Wave in Nov, expecting the GOP to take both Houses by a large majority. The Presidency? Who knows, Biden's a disaster, but Trump is losing a lot support now. So, who knows at this point?

Back to the predicted "Red Wave" - I highly doubt that will happen now. Lib states will still vote Libs in because of today's ruling and GOP states will still vote in Republicans. I still think the GOP will take both houses, but it will be far from a "Red Wave". And the outcome of the vote for President will be dictated by who runs - in both parties.

It's a two issue race now in Lib states. And I think all the posters who don't think abortion is a huge deal are wrong. It really is.

Edit: I am, and always be, Pro-Life.

1991sir
Isn't the left actively trying to tell conservatives they don't have the freedom to choose when it comes to vax status? Or we dont have the freedom to own a gun.. it freedom of speech to speed freely on social network without being censored? Talk about freedom!
Ags77
AG
NormanAg said:

Quote:

I think by November, women will see all the hysteria of the Left was overblown.
You've got to be kidding. Abortion has been hot topic for women ever since Roe v Wade was made the law of the land.

I tend to agree with the OP - mostly. My take is this. Before today the big, and I mean HUGE, issue was the economy. And that issue resonates (resonated, now?) across party lines. But today's ruling give the Dems/Libs (especially women) another HUGE issue, that IMO will change the dynamic in Dem/Lib states.

Up to now pundits and politicians (even a lot of Dems) have been predicting a Red Wave in Nov, expecting the GOP to take both Houses by a large majority. The Presidency? Who knows, Biden's a disaster, but Trump is losing a lot support now. So, who knows at this point?

Back to the predicted "Red Wave" - I highly doubt that will happen now. Lib states will still vote Libs in because of today's ruling and GOP states will still vote in Republicans. I still think the GOP will take both houses, but it will be far from a "Red Wave". And the outcome of the vote for President will be dictated by who runs - in both parties.

It's a two issue race now in Lib states. And I think all the posters who don't think abortion is a huge deal are wrong. It really is.

I still think R's pick up a bunch of House seats and possibly flip the Senate. As far as the presidency, I think the only prayer the Dem's have is if Trump is the R nominee and Biden ISNT the dem nominee.
NormanAg
AG
Quote:

As far as the presidency, I think the only prayer the Dem's have is if Trump is the R nominee and Biden ISNT the dem nominee.
Couldn't agree more!
Hearne_Ag
AG
there will never be middle ground for this issue
score4OU
DDub74 said:

this might be a victory for conservatives, but this will be the rally cry for the Dems/Media for the next 6 months. No talk about economy and all the other sh*t wrong in this country.

It will be "Republicans took away your right to abortion, now they are coming for gay marriage, right to vote if your a minority . . " etc etc

There are a lot of women who are conservative or moderate that this is a hot button issue and they will lean towards the Dems when it comes time to vote.

Winning this battle will right now will greatly hurt the war come November. my two cents.
This is a victory for a millions of babies.
APHIS AG
Rapier108 said:

Abortion is such an entrenched issue that it is not going to change votes as much as you think it will.
The ones that are protesting will always vote Democrat. This will not change anything.
Mikebank
This will be a non event. Our country is in grave danger. Good will always overcome evil. We are surrounded by evil these days.
Mr. Big Time
DDub74 said:

this might be a victory for conservatives, but this will be the rally cry for the Dems/Media for the next 6 months. No talk about economy and all the other sh*t wrong in this country.

It will be "Republicans took away your right to abortion, now they are coming for gay marriage, right to vote if your a minority . . " etc etc

There are a lot of women who are conservative or moderate that this is a hot button issue and they will lean towards the Dems when it comes time to vote.

Winning this battle will right now will greatly hurt the war come November. my two cents.
What is the name of your dog?
coolerguy12
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Do the right thing because it's the right thing.

This is the most stars I have ever seen on a post. Well done F16. Proud of you guys.
ChrisTAMU
AG
You're wrong.
TacosaurusRex
From tonight ongoing "protest"

FCBlitz
….a scene from Animal House comes to mind …Coughing BS……
The Dog Lord
AG
96ags said:

The Dog Lord said:

It's hard to know the full impact this will have on how people vote, especially since other things could happen before November. Many are entrenched in their views/party already, but even a small number of individuals who switch sides impact our elections.

I've already heard someone say they intend to vote D even though they aren't fans of Biden or the rest. It wasn't just today's decision though, it was Clarence Thomas's additional comments that have them feeling like that.

Again, it may not be the majority of people, but there are some who have a wide range of views. That person who was pissed today is a supporter of the 2A, and their family member who is happy today is generally conservative but thinks people are crazy for fighting for 2A rights in light of all the shootings.
Nope. They are NOT a supporter of the 2A.

They are however, either ill informed or intellectually immature.
You misread my comment.

1 individual is pissed about RvW being overturned even though they lean conservative on some topics (like being a supporter of the 2A).

A different individual related to the first is happy about RvW being overturned but thinks people are crazy for supporting 2A stuff in light of the shootings (even though this person leans even more conservative overall than the first person).

The point I was trying to make is that single issues do affect how some people vote (even if that is ridiculous). Person 1 is likely to vote D now, while person 2 is likely to keep voting R.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.