Thank you, Ruth Bader Ginsburg!

4,284 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Thaddeus73
CanyonAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You could have retired and had Barak Obama appoint a leftist judge, any time from age 76 to age 84. You especially could have done so early in his term, when he had a lot of political capital. Then you could have spent your retirement with your family.

But no, you wanted to hang on to power as long as possible. You put your faith in the corrupt, hateful Hillary Clinton, and wanted her to nominate your successor. A woman SCOTUS judge appointed by that first woman president (ignoring Edith Wilson).

Didn't work out, did it?

And now, Amy Coney Barrett sits in your chair, and voted to uphold the Constitution.

So thanks, to the Notorious RBG, for making this day possible.
MemphisAg1
AG
Thanks Ruth!
Maroon Dawn
AG
ACB: #RuthSentHer
DrEvazanPhD
RBG's arrogance being responsible for this....loving it.
RulesForTheeNotForMe
AG
Brings a whole new irony to the "Ruth Sent Us" organization.... Ruth sent something.... Just wasn't what you lunatics thought.
D-Fens
RBG- rest in power to turn SCOTUS deep red.
Gaius Julius Bevo
God speed, Justice Ginsberg. I did not wish you ill, but I am glad you are no longer on the SC.
Central Committee
AG
Precisely.

With a 5-4 split, Roberts would have voted with the leftist SCOTUS wing to uphold Roe.
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
BenFiasco14
AG

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
MouthBQ98
AG
Sleeper agent.
Martin Q. Blank
DrEvazanPhD said:

RBG's arrogance being responsible for this....loving it.
Arrogance and racism. She didn't want a black man to appoint her replacement.
Daddy
AG
My amy , my amy

What took you so long
I'd thought, you never call
Silian Rail
She gave her life for this
A is A
AG
Silian Rail said:

She gave her life for this
would thank her,

but dont plan on going to hell, soo.....
FIDO 96
AG
Daddy said:

My amy , my amy

What took you so long
I'd thought, you never call

My first (and last) post on this board is to recognize someone who recognizes a great Musician….I'll see myself out now.
Faustus
CanyonAg77 said:

You could have retired and had Barak Obama appoint a leftist judge, any time from age 76 to age 84. You especially could have done so early in his term, when he had a lot of political capital. Then you could have spent your retirement with your family.

But no, you wanted to hang on to power as long as possible. You put your faith in the corrupt, hateful Hillary Clinton, and wanted her to nominate your successor. A woman SCOTUS judge appointed by that first woman president (ignoring Edith Wilson).

Didn't work out, did it?

And now, Amy Coney Barrett sits in your chair, and voted to uphold the Constitution.

6-3.

Did not matter.

But don't let that stop you from dancing on her grave.
Carry on.
Gaius Julius Bevo
Faustus said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Didn't work out, did it?

6-3.

Did not matter.
You sure? No doubts that in a 4-4 situation, Roberts wouldn't have voted to keep Roe? His Obamacare vote was telling IMO.
No Spin Ag
Pride comes before the fall, and in this instance it was a major fall.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
BenFiasco14
AG
Cry more
Faustus
Gaius Julius Bevo said:

Faustus said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Didn't work out, did it?

6-3.

Did not matter.
You sure? No doubts that in a 4-4 situation, Roberts wouldn't have voted to keep Roe?
All we have to go on is how he voted now.
Faustus
BenFiasco14 said:

Cry more
Chuckle.
Women can still get abortions, and I'm a fifty year old man.

You'll have to look for someone else to get a rise out of.
Gaius Julius Bevo
Faustus said:

Gaius Julius Bevo said:

Faustus said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Didn't work out, did it?

6-3.

Did not matter.
You sure? No doubts that in a 4-4 situation, Roberts wouldn't have voted to keep Roe?
All we have to go on is how he voted now.
History is fluid. I for one believe Roberts would have kept Roe if he could have. Luckily Trump and McConnell got 3 Federalist Society justices confirmed.
Pinochet
Didn't that old hag also say Roe and Casey were bad decisions?
TxTarpon
Exactly!

Leave it to Obongo if have some foresight into what was coming.
He tried and failed to get her to retire.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
M4 Benelli
Who would have thought that two Babe Ruths would exist within the past 100 some odd years?
CanyonAg77
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

I promise I came to my conclusion without reading this. Great minds think alike, I guess.
CanyonAg77
AG
M4 Benelli said:

Who would have thought that two Babe Ruths would exist within the past 100 some odd years?
Three.

https://www.history.com/news/babe-ruth-v-baby-ruth
tysker
AG
RBG knew Roe was a poorly conceived ruling and she knew exactly the flaws and problems.

She was beat friends with Scalia likely because they were the only two people smart enough to be SCOTUS but also wise enough to see the flaws in their own arguments
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

But don't let that stop you from dancing on her grave.
Liar
GEA89
AG
Beautiful post OP
BenFiasco14
AG
Faustus said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Cry more
Chuckle.

Chuckle.

You seem a little upset.
TChaney
Faustus said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Cry more
Chuckle.

Have you had a biologist confirm that?
FrioAg 00
AG
Ruth was an egomaniac, a true racist and frankly didn't do much to uphold the rule of law.

The fact that she gets a cult following out of leftists tells you where their values are
Dallasag517
AG
here's to ruth
Artimus Gordon
Ruth bader Ginsburg unknowingly did something good for America. First time in her life.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.